Photo

Looking for GM and Players preferably in the GMT zone.

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:09 AM

I have no problems with observers. Maybe, if the rest of the team agrees, you could be a help to the gm. Playing some of the npcs etc. Rest of the team, what do you think?

#42 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:14 AM

I have no objections since I urged him to ask.

#43 BlindJester

BlindJester

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

I have no problems with observers. Maybe, if the rest of the team agrees, you could be a help to the gm. Playing some of the npcs etc. Rest of the team, what do you think?

I'll gladly help to the GM is she/he will want it. It always feels good to participate, but I'll be happy also as a silent observer. :)

#44 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have nothing against it, on the contrary :)

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#45 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Nothing against it either.

#46 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Then, when we find a GM, or one of us will be (because of a "rotated GM system") you will be the GM's helper.

#47 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

The taking turns after some thinking only works if we taking a turn after 5-10 session(an adventureish chapter). In this place the GM can make the difficulty rise in a manner where the players can adapt. Moreover we won't have a session where we kill 30 guy and leave with a ship because. These big rewards can come after the last few sessions either as reward or means to complete the rest of the adventure.

On top of that the GM who runs the adventure will have time and room to improve. I know if you nail something you have to repeat it multiple times to acually learn it.

Well I'm all fired up. Thinking about characters an such, Looking forward to it. 

2 question:

1.) How long to wait for a GM to pop up? On august 23-24 we should meet ups somewhere where where we try things out get to know each other.

2.) IF he/she(probs he) doesn't present himself should we make take turns or stick with one of us? If everyone is against the round robin I'll take it but I don't really want it.

here is a bouns(for the audiance's request(looking at you draconix) read "bonus" as "one more" or "third") question for the OTHERS who I don't know personally:

3.) How is your spoken english? Mine is rusty at best, rather unrefined.

Edited by Naszerinted, 15 August 2014 - 03:54 AM.

#48 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Dont worry about English. If your vocabulary is not rich, but you speak understandable English, play an alien which speaks in poor basic. :)

In my GM experience I had only problems with three guys out of few dozens players (I am not a native speaker), and two of them were native speakers....just some guys from Georgia and Alabama speak with a strange accent ;).

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#49 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

Have you ever heard what the Hungarians were called in the WWII and Cold War Era?
ALIENS. We couldnt speak any language beside ours well.

We have a language which is hard to learn and whoever is a native speaker has to practice a LOT I mean a whole lot not have any accent of other languages.

#50 Puracy

Puracy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Hi, new on the forums here, but i think we can help each other out here. I've been looking for an online group eversince my reallife group stalled out. (People moving, others having to work eveningshifts and so on) As i was the gm there, i was lokking mostly for a player spot, but i'm also willing to gm if you guys want me to.

To give you the pros and cons:
- i have a hardcopy of edge, but most books are available to me.
- i'm from the netherlands, so timeZone wise it should be ok.
-my spoken english should be good enough
-i'm still a rookie at GMing edge en pen and paper rpg in general.
- i have a decent setting knowledge
- i can reuse parts of my recent campaign, that can support all type of character (both edge and age), altough the direction that it will go other the start will be decided on by party makeup and player preferences. The biggest beauty of this start in the fact we don't need a party of character that know each other.

Well so far my ramblings for now.

#51 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:50 AM

Have you ever heard what the Hungarians were called in the WWII and Cold War Era?
ALIENS. We couldnt speak any language beside ours well.

We have a language which is hard to learn and whoever is a native speaker has to practice a LOT I mean a whole lot not have any accent of other languages.

Try learning Polish and then tell me again how hard is your language :P.

Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#52 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

*waves hand* "Puracy, you are the GM we are looking for"

Seriusly i think it would be great if you could be the GM for us.

As for your list of pros and cons i see mostly pros there, and in the group there are people that can give you a hand at imprving your GM skills.

As for me:

i have a hard copy of Edge and all other edge supplemnts, except Far Horizon, in digital form. I will buy FaD beta book as soon as it is available. I'm willing to buy the AoR rulebook if it is needed.

i speak good english.

#53 Puracy

Puracy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Well, if the rest is ok with me GMing, we could get started with organizing everything. I so far only ever used teamspeak, and in that i can link images to give an idea of the area. With this system i like that better, than placing guys on a map. With the hangout app for the dice, we should have enough to get started.

I do think the best way to start is to go for a facebook group, and start talking about what people are looking to get from the games and how to play. I´m kinda toying with the idea of players not knowing the other characters builds. Just start playing and find out ingame. Since we have 2 people who already know each other, i wouldn´t be bad if those two characters would know each other. As GM i will know all the chars in advance, so any mayor lack of skills could be corrected before play. (altough it also has it charme if not a single guy would be able to decently use a computer or even worse, fly a ship )

It´s just some ideas, and so comment away on this.

#54 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

I guess i am late to the party and you are full already. Darn.

#55 Puracy

Puracy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

If i´m counting correctly we now have:

Players:
Lareg
Naszetinted
Naglareph
Draconix
RebelDave ? (Haven´t seen him post here for a while, but i presume he is still in)
NicoDavout ? (is posting here, but never said if he wants to join or is just giving advice)

So depending on some persons there might be a spot ( because i will not go beyond 6 no matter what)

#56 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Well, remember Naszerinted and me have a friend who will play too, but not on this forum. But I will give you our teamspeak server ip in private. (And soon to the other players too.) I will sort the players out right now, but i write this now quickly, cuz puracy is online just now.

#57 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

NicoDavout ? (is posting here, but never said if he wants to join or is just giving advice)

Thank you for consideration, but I was just giving my unwanted advice. Good luck with the game!

Edited by NicoDavout, 16 August 2014 - 03:04 AM.

#58 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Players right now are: 

Naszerinted

Sleepyhun (the guy who is not on the forum)

Naglareph

Lareg

Draconix

candidates:

BlindJester
DreadStar

People who said he/she would be GM by any means:

​Puracy

I think rebeldave will not play with us, couse he had time problems, and did not post for long time.

TLDR: We have 1 player slot left, but I'd offer it to BlindJester first, cause he was the first from you two.

(if i missed anything, please correct me)

#59 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

that list sounds ok, Draconix.

I think that teamspeak and google hangout can work well together,  i also think that roll20 is worth trying as it give a virtual table with map and allows webcam use so we can  look at each other. ( i hear that the voice talk on hangouts is unreliable though)

i dislike the idea of  players not knowing the other character builds, because it makes it difficult to create a balanced party, we risk having all combat or all talking group. Also, in the new FaD beta all the classes are force sensitve but they still cover all the archetypes : warrior/healer/politico/spy/mechanic/explorer etc... so i think we have to talk about what we want to roll to create a good group, having the characters get to know each other icly is a different thing.

We also need to decide the setting, working on the fringe for the criminals as in Edge of working for the rebellion in AoR, or mixed group?

#60 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

Okey, keep me as candidate yes please. I am a newbye tho, so if that can be a problem, no worries, i fully understand.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS