Photo

Looking for GM and Players preferably in the GMT zone.

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

We could make a google hangout or a Facebook group thats all the ideas for now.

I also like space combat in general, I'm a fighter jockey, but this narrative system is ill souted for space combat or I'm just totally untalented for this kind of stuff.

#22 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

Gogle hangout sounds nice, i have always wanted to use it, can you set it up?

I like the idea of space combat, i just think thata whole campaign would become boring. But evading tie fighters and duelling with bounty hunters ships sounds nice.

Edited by Lareg, 09 August 2014 - 04:51 AM.

#23 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Well I've never done it and I'd need your names. 

#24 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Lol i ve never done it before either. Lets wait for the others opinions though. Btw did you get my pm?

#25 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Well I don't think they have any opinion, since I'm in fact talking to two of them on Team Speak and they dont really want to post. Naglareph you are only hope.

#26 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I think we should use teamspeak. Easy to use, don't consume too much space in the hard drive, and half of the soon-to-be players have experience in it, so we can help anyone who need it.

#27 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

i have experience with ts too so it's not a problem at all.

what about roll20? anyone has experience with it?

#28 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

Nope. I "used" maptools but not really we just used the dice plugin, which was awful.

We have a dice roller which works great, but you can't tell which dice rolled what.

Edited by Naszerinted, 09 August 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#29 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

It Just tells the sum, and the list of the dices, but you don't know which dice rolled that. But in the means of rolling, it works perfectly. You just have to be honest about what you rolled.

About the FaD, I think I can wait until it's out (And that way Lareg can play a force user)

#30 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

I've read somewhere that Roll20 is a great tool, but that you need to get all the plugins for SW by FFG and install them.

They are numerous thread on that subject, just got to find the right one that explains everything.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#31 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

Roll20+Hangout+EotE dice for Hangout are enough for smooth playing.

• Crovax20 likes this
Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#32 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

In that case i'm in favor of the combo NIco suggested. We can also rely on skype or teamspeak for the audio chat as backup, since i read that  hangouts may not be totally reliable in that field.

Looking on the forum i discovered there is already a dice roller app for Hangouts which make sthings quite simple. It looks very promising

If everybody agrees, we can use the time from now to when FaD beta is available to set up the hangout and roll20, test the entire system  and agree on everything else, like what kind of characters we want to do, what setting are we playing (Edge or AoR or both?), and stuff like that. We could even try to run the beginner adventure with the pregens if we want to test the system and get hte hang of it (i definitely need it as i only "studied" the sules but never applied them).

What do you think?

Edited by Lareg, 11 August 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#33 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

The beginner game sounds nice we get to know each other and run into possible errors and we still have time to find a GM instead of me, since i'd relally like to play. 

#34 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

i'll try posting a request fro a GM in the AoR section, or we can also ask on the Roll20 forum.

I posted the request in the AoR board.

Edited by Lareg, 12 August 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#35 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Okay. Please tell us if you find anyone who'd be GM for us.

#36 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

Yeah keep us posted.

And I approve of using the beginners game. It should be okay like that.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#37 Crovax20

Crovax20

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

Ahw, saw this too late. Already set up a group through a (pc)gaming community I was a member of, else I would have been okay with GM'ing in GMT timezone.

We use Google Hangouts with the Roll20 app and Diceroll app. Works like a charm

#38 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback Crovax! If your party gets disbanded (but I hope not), you are welcome here. Or at least, from my part.

#39 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

Well Crovax, if any of your friends in that gaming commmunity are interested in gm'ing send them here.

#40 BlindJester

BlindJester

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

Hello people,

I'm interested to play online, but as far as I see you already have the numbers (I'm not in the mood to be a gm right now). So my question is, would it be a problem to let me sit on the TS and listen how things go? I would love to see and hear an online session at last. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS