Photo

Looking for GM and Players preferably in the GMT zone.

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#1 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

Hi everyone me and my friends were playing EotE but I'm at best an inexperienced GM and on top of that I'm the biggest fan and noone else would like to GM instead of me and I'd like to play some.

Well my problems aside I'm looking for someone who'd like to GM and one or two players for an adenture. Me and one from the previous group would be happy to play. The sessions should be on weekends due to real life obligations.

The method of play is up to the GM he's gonna have to use it the most. I hope we get a group together. Preferred language either English or Hungarian.

#2 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Where abouts?

Im in the UK, but fairly busy. If its local (to me), I might be able to do something on a semi regular basis.

#3 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:09 AM

Well this is where the problems come. We both live in hungary and here this whole edge thing is not popular. Thats why I'm looking for an online group. And i'm looking for people who have the afternoon around when we.

#4 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:30 AM

For my part I'm in France but can't get a hold of a play group.
had one that stopped and i'm GMing, but would like to play a bit from time to time.

May the Force be with you.

I II III IV V VI

#5 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

I wouldnt be able to guarantee a specific weekend, and have no experience using anything online.

#6 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Well welcome on board i could get one more Player so we stand at three. If it's good to you we should start organizing the adventure.

- What should be the platform? Google hangout, maptools, roll20? You get to pick you gonna have to do the hardwork, pick something what you comfortable with.

- What books should we use? I have EotE, DC,SoF,EtU, AoR beta.

- Should we make characters beforehand or it's gonna be the first session.

- Are there gonna be any house rules.

Anyway I'm gonna shut my trap. Any player (i think) is still welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

#7 Draconix

Draconix

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hy!

I'm one of the players, Naszerinted talked about. (well, in fact I'm the "one more player")

It's good to see that there are people out there, who want to play, even with complete strangers. It's appreciated.

#8 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

Naglareph you want to do it or you'd rather pass it to RebelDave? You were the first so you chose.

#9 RebelDave

RebelDave

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

I dont think I can run anything int he afternoon, its a time issue, I simply dont have enough of it.

Sorry.

#10 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

What I was saying was actually that I already GM for two groups, and I'd rather find a group to play with, as a player not a GM.
I can try to build up a test run, but more in a two weeks time, right now I'm overflowed with work and the other groups.

I II III IV V VI

#11 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

No worries we'll figure it out. So we have four players and 0 GM avaible in the afternoon well. We got problems.

I know how bad it is when you want to play but you are the only GM. Worst case scenario we gonna rotate the GM part and since he does more work than the players s/he gets full exp for the session.

Edit:

Or plan C.) we ask around in the AoR forum maybe someone heve mercy on us.

Edited by Naszerinted, 07 August 2014 - 10:47 AM.

• kaosoe likes this

#12 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

I dont think I can run anything int he afternoon, its a time issue, I simply dont have enough of it.

Sorry.

Let's say from GMT 19:00 to 22:00 or it's still overlaps with your plans?

Edited by Naszerinted, 07 August 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#13 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hi guys this is my first post. I saw your ad and i'd be interested in joining as player if there are still open spots (not sure how many you are right now). I live in Italy. I used to do do P'n'P rolpley games in the past and i have rped/still rp in mmos (swtor and gw2) but i have never tried the edge of empire system yet, also i have no experience in online playing but i'm willing to learn.

Weekends should be fine. The 19-22 time frame works too.

As for resources i havethe EotE corebook and DC, SoF, EtU. I don't have any AoR material because i didn't find it in shops, but i'm interested in Age campain or an EotE camapin that moves to AoR.

Edited by Lareg, 07 August 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#14 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Hello Lareg the more the merrier(up to six in edge :)) well i don't think there is a problem with you joining. If nobody rejects you then its fine. And we always have four player if we can't find a dedicated GM.

The most pressing matter is the missing GM.(Naglareph i would never force you to be the only GM if we found noone we will alternate.)

About the AoR book. Two things if you buy it anyways you should DL it untill a local retailer offers it. And the secon thing is the AoR book is not all that necessary: Core rules are the same 1-2 new weapon is in the book and the talents are avaible for free by the community.

#15 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

What I was saying was actually that I already GM for two groups, and I'd rather find a group to play with, as a player not a GM.

This could even be a good thing(took me this long to figure it out) but you could coach me in GMing. I never had anyone really practiced whom I could learn from. I need feedback, suggestions (and someone who can type because thats not me).

#16 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Alright I can gladly give you my feed back and my experience as a GM.

I started beeing the a GM for EotE since the beta came out in France, and as I said, gm'ed at least two to five times a month EotE. But I got breaks from that, as I gm other stuff aswell.

But yeah, i'll gladly give it to you :)

I II III IV V VI

#17 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

uhm the idea of asking on AoR board is a good one, it seems to be more populated right now. In my experiences taking turns to GM never worked really well, and i 'm kinda terrible at that. matbe we could also look for a gm on the roll20 forum?

#18 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Nas i'm not sure about the legality of DL the AoR  book. also i'm aware  the rules are the same, but i love fluff and i'd like to have more background on the rebellion and their ships and equipment.

Do you have any idea how to get he FaD Beta that's coming out soon? i think it would be great if we started to play having that too as it feels like a complete game.

#19 Naszerinted

Naszerinted

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Well I have 3 ideas on FnD beta:

- Wait for retailers to get it(i can't really find the CBRs in hungary)

- Wait for a less honest person gets it and scans it

- Or buy from eBay(suicide)

We should make a private channel for the rest of the preparations.

Yeah it would be nice to have all three books because a 5 player group can really be diverse. 

And the DL part there you don't count something in.

Your retailer don't have the books yet, but you want to play and you are a honest guy. You DL it, you don't tell it everyone and you buy it when they get a hold on the books.

In hungary it so bad that the only Edge(read as FFG Star Wars RPG) THING is the begginer game. And importing things makes the price almost double. And with the wages it's costy.

By the way is anyone good with space fights? Since I could never ever make an interesting encounter.

#20 Lareg

Lareg

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

I saw most of the star wars stuff on sale on amazon, you can try that route. As for FaD i wil try to buy it from ffg online store when it's available. I realy would like to have itit because i'd like to play a jedi or force sensitive character.
Anyway lets make private channell for the preparations, but i have no idea how to do that.

As for space fights, i guess we have to try and see, personally i prefer it to be frequent but not constant thing, i don't like the idea of playing a squad of fighter pilots for example, as it would become boring after a while, imo.

Edited by Lareg, 09 August 2014 - 03:34 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS