3 replies to this topic

#1 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

How do the new bannermen, immune to plot effects, react to Wildfire Assault

Is the effect indirect and thus they can be targeted as per other characters

e.g. I have 4 of the new bannermen in play (plus a Targ character) - presumably I have to kill one of them

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

Immunity means 2 things in A Game of Thrones:

1. Immune cards cannot be targeted. In this case, that means you cannot choose the new bannermen among your 3 characters.
  2. Non-targeted direct effects do not affect immune cards. In this case, that means Wildfire Assault will not kill the new bannermen even if they aren't chosen.

#3 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:54 AM

Thanks - does that mean I can choose 3 non-banner-men to be the 3 characters not killed by WA and then also let all my banner-men live?

I assume the same follows for any character that cannot be killed or is immune ... there's nothing in WA text which suggests that I have to only have 3 characters at the end

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,759 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:13 AM

It actually means you MUST choose 3 non-banner men as your "not-killed" characters because "immune to plot" makes them illegal targets of the plot effect. They won't die, either, because of the immunity, but they can't be chosen.

"Cannot be killed" is different with WA because the characters are not chosen to die, so the CBK characters remain legal targets. You could choose them. But if you don't (and you shouldn't), they'll survive the kill anyway.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS