• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

If they're going to print a warlord that gets stronger when bloodied, it has to be Lemartes, right? I'm already salivating at the prospect of 4x Death Company Marines in his signature squad.

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#102 Jvirtue55

Jvirtue55

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

That would be amazing I loved that dude in the table top game

#103 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Kharn the Betrayer getting stronger when Bloodied could be interesting too.

#104 Juzam66

Juzam66

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:55 AM

If they're going to print a warlord that gets stronger when bloodied, it has to be Lemartes, right? I'm already salivating at the prospect of 4x Death Company Marines in his signature squad.

Lemartes is not really a Warlord. For many Death Company, Astorath is better.

#105 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

This is why they should just make up their own warlords. Lore "conversation" will pollute this game for all time. It will get ugly often.
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#106 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Oh, the irony.

Lemartes leads Death Companies. Astorath executes them. Seems fairly straightforward to me.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 08 August 2014 - 04:44 AM.

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#107 VermillionDe

VermillionDe

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

This is why they should just make up their own warlords. Lore "conversation" will pollute this game for all time. It will get ugly often.

You're diluted if you think making up new warlords won't cause fights over where they fit in, in whose company, in what part of the time line, and during what battles. Besides, picking established characters from the universe attracts the audience who will be the largest base consumer, 40k players. 

• WonderWAAAGH likes this

#108 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

You're diluted deluded if you think making up new warlords won't cause fights over where they fit in, in whose company, in what part of the time line, and during what battles. Besides, picking established characters from the universe attracts the audience who will be the largest base consumer, 40k players.

FTFY ;)

• Toqtamish, klaymen_sk and BuzzsawMF like this

#109 VermillionDe

VermillionDe

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

Woops! Danke, those homophones trip me up.  :D

• Inquisitor6 likes this

#110 BuzzsawMF

BuzzsawMF

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

You're diluted if you think making up new warlords won't cause fights over where they fit in, in whose company, in what part of the time line, and during what battles. Besides, picking established characters from the universe attracts the audience who will be the largest base consumer, 40k players. 

Like I said before. It is a thin line. FFG would have to put in some hefty lore literature in with the pack of a new character they have created. 

It is also not like GW never went "See this new SM troop, no one knows where they came from, just accept it" lol

#111 VermillionDe

VermillionDe

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

Well, except for the red scorpions. 

#112 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Bah never mind that, I want to know why the imperial guard (sigh, ok, fine... astra millitarum) can't ally with the Tau...

And they can ally with Orks? look there's only so much teaming up you can do with freebooters and Blood axe mercenaries before the commisars start getting trigger happy...

Ok ok, back to the necrons, it says in the text somewhere that necrons will have acces only to specific cars, ie NOT THE ENTIRE POOL. Is that so bad? In warhammer invasion you could throw cards from several factions together. Time will tell how broken the necrons will be. Also, they are necrons, they are supposed to be a bit OP. Flavorwise how do the  necrons control members of all those diffrent factions?

- A C'tan did it.

#113 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Also, they are necrons, they are supposed to be a bit OP.

heh, yeah... they were so broken when they 1st came out! e interesting to see how the healing / regeneration stuff will work in this game.

Necrons.jpg

Gets+back+up.jpg

2494680-trollnecron.jpg

necron-push-bike-Best-Demotivational-Pos

Edited by booored, 08 August 2014 - 07:12 PM.

• Robin Graves likes this
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#114 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

heh, yeah... they were so broken when they 1st came out! e interesting to see how the healing / regeneration stuff will work in this game.

In the backstory they got even more scary:

In the word bearers trilogy the forces of chaos use a necron artifact to halt all warp travel into a star systhem (!) efectively completly isolating it. When the necrons wake up and want it back their tombship just flies towards the systhem, continuously accelerating untill it moves at hundreds of times of lightspeed per second. Whoa...just, whoa.

And there is also the mention that anything the emperium has encountered so far are but the workers as the necron MILITARY wasn't awakened yet.

Of course that was before the last codex and they turned them into space pharaos! I understand why thy did it, because before there was no reason why necrons would fight necrons. But it made em less scary this way.

"ancient shards of c'tan change this dessicated body into Mumraaaaa the everliviiiiing!!!!"

About the resurection ability: i think they can remove wound tokens or bring back basic warriors from the discard pile (resurection orb?)

#115 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

the new necron lore can **** off.. I'm sticking with the old crons!

#116 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

Pretty much everywhere the necrons have shown up, they are nigh on impossible to stop. On Damnos, even the "vaunted" Sicarius and his second company had to run from them. On the Word Bearers trilogy mentioned above, Chaos Titans are no match for them. The way they have been built up in the books, the only proven way to stop them is to kill their leader. Taking them head on is a recipe for defeat, no matter who you are.

Edited by Titan, 10 August 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#117 Ersatz Nihilist

Ersatz Nihilist

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

the new necron lore can **** off.. I'm sticking with the old crons!

I also have a great dislike for the new Necron lore. They're almost comedy for the most part.

There was one bit of fluff that I really liked - and that was the Necron Tomb Worlds where the AI guardian has essentially gone haywire and blanked all the Necrons living inside, sending them out to other Tomb worlds to drag back their "right thinking" brothers for indoctrination.

That's fantastic.

#118 grey3219

grey3219

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

I think both oldcrons & newcrons have their ups & downs.

Oldcrons were killing machines intent on galactic genocide, led by malevolent beings. Which was awesome, except that's all they were, you can only say their goal was the destruction of all life so many times before it gets boring.

Newcrons had personality, giving us characters like Trazyn & Zahndrekh, and you could say my Necrons suffered a glitch and are now like the oldcrons. Unfortunately, some parts of the newcrons fluff is silly & out of place like C'tan being glorified Pokemon & having Egyptian sounding names for no reason.

That's all.

#119 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Unfortunately, some parts of the newcrons fluff is silly & out of place like C'tan being glorified Pokemon & having Egyptian sounding names for no reason.

That's all.

Ah, I see the problem now! You're coming at this all wrong! C'tan don't have Egyptian sounding names, nooooo...

Egyptians all have C'tan sounding names! Clearly they influenced human culture early on. Y'know, like how the Nightbringer ingrained the 'image of the Reaper' on the human psyche while we were all still living in caves.

#120 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

The worst thing about Newcrons is what they did to the c'tan!

In the old fluff they were the 40K 's version of azathoth and nyarlathotep- unkillable and godlike, and in the new fluff the necrons kicked their assess, splintered them and put em in a tesseract prison? and one of them is actualy dead?

HERESY!

Speaking of crons vs nids: back in the day there was a fan rumour that the hive mind was actualy a (extragalactic) c'tan.

because necrons want all life gone and the nids eat everything and then eventually would clear off to another Galaxy..

But now we have nids destroying tomb worlds- guess some splinter fleets like a lot of iron in their diet!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS