Kings Road and vat of wildfire

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Underworld40k

Underworld40k

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

What would happen if with 2 or more copies with one copy having vat of wildfire on it and consequently being knelt. The wording on the Kings Road separates the 'then' effects as opposed to Bay of ice.

If one copy of the Kings Road is knelt does the passive effect occur?

Posting from my phone so sorry for lack of card details.

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

Separated by a comma or by a period really doesn't matter in the fact of "then." If the part before the "then" isn't successful, the part after the "then" doesn't initiate. So if one copy of the "summer" Kingsroad is already knelt, you do not successfully kneel all copies of The Kingsroad, so you don't get the "then," just like Bay of Ice.

The "winter" Kingsroad is even more straightforward because kneeling is a cost: "kneel ALL copies to choose...." So if a copy is already kneeling, you haven't paid the cost and thus cannot choose an opponent.

#3 Underworld40k

Underworld40k

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:45 AM

As always, thanks for the speedy response Ktom.

Its good to be wrong sometimes, means that i can re focus on the actual game and get my head out of the rules lawyer-ing stance.

Although on this occasion i should have known better ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS