Before I start, I would like to point out that this is all entirely tongue in cheek and not intended to be any way serious or fluff friendly, purely for amusement of me and my player group.
A discussion I had with a friend caused a very humorous and slightly odd discussion. It started off with a metaphor for overkill on tactics. The tactic that the chap suggested was over the top for the situation so I likened it to "using a thunder hammer to crack a walnut".
This caused some chuckles but then an interesting thought occurred and it spiralled off into obscurity discussing how various Astartes tools and equipment can actually be used practically and it became somewhat of a running joke that if the players continued to misbehave I would have them redecorating the entire watch fortress in their full load out.
The situation therefore would Involve:
- Using Astartes chainswords to cut through timber (overkill)
- Filling flamers with paint instead of promethium to speed up the job.
- Thunder hammers (turned off) to insert nails.
- Las Guns as laser pointers
- Modified bolt pistols acting as nail guns
Any other little potential oddities anyone can think of for how to misuse marine equipment in this manner?