• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:11 AM

Alrik, in all seriousness. I asked what people have done other than invoke rule 0.

Well in all seriousness, all house rules are essentially Rule 0. You can solve this by adding the line "This does not work with the Uplifting Primer as an improvised weapon" and call it a homebrew, but at the end of the day, it's still Rule 0.

If you really want a rewording of the rules text (which is an entirely valid wish; I myself would want to do so, because I'm (slowly) working on my own homebrew and I want clear rules texts), then I'd just go with my aforementioned solution. The fact that you can still arguably pin a single person with your book or pebble is only representative of you being crazy enough to think it'll work, and the guy jumping out of the way.

As for your other reply, that's exactly what we have been discussing in this thread. Let me reiterate - you do not attack targets with suppressive fire, you designate an area and bullets go everywhere within it. How do you stack the penalties if targets are at different ranges and different sizes?

This. This I'd love a concrete answer to. Or a solid suggestion as to how to resolve.
  • Tenebrae likes this

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#22 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Alrik, in all seriousness. I asked what people have done other than invoke rule 0.

As for your other reply, that's exactly what we have been discussing in this thread. Let me reiterate - you do not attack targets with suppressive fire, you designate an area and bullets go everywhere within it. How do you stack the penalties if targets are at different ranges and different sizes?

Laughing this just came up in our Dark Heresy game and I had the same questions.

If the penalties stack or not. 

I believe they should stack with the Suppressive Fire -20.  Because otherwise Suppresive Fire can makes it to easy to hit otherwise Hard targets.   On the other hand, I agree that anyone within cone of fire needs to roll or be pinned.

So I am interest to see how the board takes this.  Also did anyone send a formal question to FFG?

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#23 Alrik Vas

Alrik Vas

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hitting isn't the important part of suppressive fire.

However.,.

If there are differences in targets like range, size or warp stuff, it's possible to calculate the bonuses and penalties for each individualy off the same roll.  Hitting some and missing others.

The question is, do you want to bother?

Edited by Alrik Vas, 05 August 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#24 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hitting isn't the important part of suppressive fire.

However.,.

If there are differences in targets like range, size or warp stuff, it's possible to calculate the bonuses and penalties for each individualy off the same roll.  Hitting some and missing others.

The question is, do you want to bother?

That's not really possible either, based on how Suppressive Fire is written. It was the first thought that occurred to me, but you can't actually account for that, seeing as how the additional hits themselves are based of of whether how many Degrees of Success you get to begin with. To determine the Degrees of Success, you first have to make a roll, to know how many Degrees, you need to know the difficulty. But you can't, since you're setting up a kill-zone, you're not aiming at anyone in particular.

If I misunderstand you, please walk me through how you'd resolve the action, step by step.

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS