March Orders

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

I should know the answer to this but I will ask to get other input just to be sure.

I have a march order in one territory and there are two sets of units surrounding my one territory, can I march into one area to engage a combat situation and with the remaining force that I have split up, can that then be marched into the other adjacent area to engage a combat?  So basically, two combats with one march order?  So forces from A move into B to fight, but the remaining forces in A move into C and begin another fight? 

Subsequently, I have done a similar move with the same march order but only one of those moves was combat, the second move was moving into an unoccupied territory containing a castle (without a garrison).  Was this move okay?  So forces from Z move into Y to fight, but the remaining forces in Z move to X uncontested (no fight ensues).

Help

#2 LeeTaeEun

LeeTaeEun

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:11 AM

You can March in as many places as you have units... but you can ONLY START ONE COMBAT per march order.

Your second example is ok.

#3 mungkei

mungkei

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

To add to what LeeTaeEun said, you must complete the non-combat moves first.  So in your example, you would have had to do Z to X, then Z to Y.

And to clarify, as neither of your examples does it, marching against a garrison neutral territory is a combat.  A lot of beginners mess that up.

• ThunderCloud likes this

#4 ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

You can March in as many places as you have units... but you can ONLY START ONE COMBAT per march order.

Your second example is ok.

Thanks for the info, I did initially think only 1 combat move per march order.  Thanks for clarifying.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS