Ship points breakdown

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HarlequinR

HarlequinR

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

So, I'm looking to do a bit of scratch ship building and was curious if anyone knew how basic hull stats were related to the hull's SP value.

#2 Lohandria

Lohandria

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Size, weapon capacity, pre installed parts. Use what exists as guidelines for size and crew and an average of sorts to start as your base line cost. I can only suggest methods of estimation sorry I have no easy break down

"Why is it terrible to hire Xenos? It is not like I am sitting at my meals with them. All I am doing is allowing the enemies of the Empire of man war against each other-with one side funded and directed by me"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, umm i accidentally found an army and you will not believe how-I found them on a ship I was planning to crash into a planet. Unrelated news look at my new ship."

#3 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

Though in general, yes. As a base, the better the ship the more SP it has. Sometimes though it's because of pre-installed components raising the SP cost.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#4 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:45 AM

SP values appear to be estimated, rather than calculated. Though you're right, I should try to derive them again.

• Utherix likes this

#5 Lady Kataline Jianwei

Lady Kataline Jianwei

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

If I can find some time this weekend I'll see about helping out with this little project. I like ships.

• Lohandria likes this

"Defeat? Genocide? Why quibble with semantics?"

#6 Magellan

Magellan

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Are you implying that FFG would stoop to using actual math to calculate numerical values of things?

• Tenebrae, Erathia and Utherix like this

I am the latest model of a Fabricator-General
My body isn't nearly as much animal as mineral
My learnedness is legend; my accomplishments historical
For hereteks and aliens my hatred's categorical

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS