• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nickos13

Nickos13

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Hey folks,

could you imagine the early days of the Rebellion? Long before the Rebels captured the first X-Wing starfighters, they had to fought this war with old clone wars vessels - like the Y-Wing Bomber and the Z-95 Headhunter.

And sooo i decided to create a list with just these two ships and i scored 5 victories against different Rebel & empire builds. 

The Retro-Rebels

- Airen Cracken with Veteran Instincts (20)

- Dutch Vander with Ion-Turret (28)

- Tala Squadron Pilot with Assault Missiles (18)

- Tala Squadron Pilot with Cluster Missiles (17)

- Tala Squadron Pilot with Concussion Missiles (17)

=> Dutch & Cracken deliver some Target Locks to the Talas, who should use the Focus-Action - that's an alpha strike with focus-supported Missiles.

Dutch's Ion-Turret should be used against large ships, Def-1 Ships (like the typical Ion-Victim the B-Wing!!!!) and the Phantom.

I believe that it's a good idea to have various missiles, to be prepared against different enemy builds - Assault against Swarms & formations; Cluster against large ships & Agility 1 Ships; Concussion for pure damage)

Even after the Missile onslaught we have some good PS Ships with 24 HP (13 Hull, 11 Shields), 10 Attack dice, 9 defense dice.

What do you think?

#2 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

Honestly I think you'll get slaughtered by high ps pilots, headquarters really arnt that durable from my experience more than once a phantom or a defender with HLC has vaped a z-95 in a single round of shooting.

I'm not opposed to an all headhunter list I just worry you'll never get those missiles fired.

#3 Zoccola

Zoccola

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

I find there are only 2 ways to fly Headhunters.

1) 8 headhunters

2) 3/4 Headhunters + 2/3 big ships or with Han/Chewie. 

Apart from that, they arent very good and get eaten by ps6+ pilots rocking Predator.

There might be something about flying Blount with an Ion Pulse Missile for dealing with a Phantom, maybe. Still thats 20+ points of your list that wont be contributing much past the missile. 

Rebels: 6 Xwing, 3 Ywings, 2 Awings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK, 4 Bwings, 2 Ewings, 4 Z95s

Empire: 8 TIEs, 4 Interceptors, 2 Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle, 2 Phantoms, 3 Defenders

Scum: 4 Z95, 3 Ywings, 1 HWK, 2 Firesprays

#4 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

You know i didn't think about predator but yeah that makes it even worse.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS