Showing off my Tourny case (pic heavy)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

So... my girlfriend was going through some stuff from her roommate since she moved back to China, and found me a pokerchip case and suggested I should use it for Xwing... So I got it home, and spent about 3 hours perfecting the perfect case for tomorrows game night.. 

btw the other case is a cheap $5 case I got from walmart that appears made to stack acrylics perfectly 5 high... I like that word perfect right now...

So time to show off

Both Cases Side by side closed (encase you couldnt tell...)
23h50tt.jpg

the new case to the table meant to hold everything that I need for a tourny that cant go in my token box.

rmmtfc.jpg

my token box

29bc50k.jpg

The reveal of the token box (damage deck is a custom sleeve that fits right on the asteroids (perfectly)

140itsp.jpg

AND NOW! able to hold atleast 5 ships, more if I decided to get rid of my amazing medals (which just adds to the beauty of the case)

1zew3zn.jpg

Ships are ready for battle in less then a minute, just remove the dial and the base is underneath; the pilot cards do not allow for both dial and base, so I had to double dial in a separate lonesome hole

19um95.jpg

a naked view. I can easily change the ship pods to accommodate different ships

21e6xsl.jpg

I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of the first stage (you are looking at the top, I ripped the chip tray out and glued pluck cushions and popsical sticks to the top of the case, and added a black piece of foam to that which came with the case (I was able to tuck the corners into the cushions to give it a sealed look. then placed a pluck foam tray in the bottom portion, and used excess pluck material to make the case look profession

33kf4zq.jpg

oh yeah, and here is another amazing goodie that was left in the move (I call it, the battle field of doom) Its a 35 inch by 35 inch mousepad style mat (just 1 inch from being tourny legal!)

2yoyji1.jpg

Edited by Torresse, 24 July 2014 - 04:07 AM.

• magadizer, AlphaTwo, Joe Boss Red Seven and 4 others like this

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#2 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

Haha that is all pretty awesome. I wish I had as glamorous a mat.
  • Torresse likes this

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#3 DekoPuma

DekoPuma

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

That's a nice storage solution. Also, I am incredibly envious of the amount of acrylics you have. Especially the shields.

#4 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Could you do me a big favor and take a clean picture of the imperial medal against a white background.  I'm putting together images of all the promo items, and that's the one medal I'm missing.

You can see the album here:

https://www.flickr.c...57644445867377/

Also if you happen to be coming to worlds in November, please bring it.  I'll bring my camera so I can grab super high res images of things I have not gotten pictures of yet.

• Torresse and Explosive Ewok like this

#5 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

The Pink Cotton Candy Nebula Of Doom!

:D

2yoyji1.jpg

• Torresse likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#6 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Could you do me a big favor and take a clean picture of the imperial medal against a white background.  I'm putting together images of all the promo items, and that's the one medal I'm missing.

Also if you happen to be coming to worlds in November, please bring it.  I'll bring my camera so I can grab super high res images of things I have not gotten pictures of yet.

you are also missing the rebel range ruler(as seen in the last picture) , and 2012 Gencon coin 

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#7 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

...doooooood...

• Torresse likes this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#8 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

so the case worked wonders tonight, even dropped it before opening to find nothing at all had moved.

#9 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

the real question is.  where can we all get a cotton candy nebula of doom?

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#10 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

the pink mat stole the show

#11 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Where were those 1st gen focus tokens from?

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#12 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

2012 Worlds top 4 prize.
  • Ghaerdon likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS