How Viable is 2 person play

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 griton

griton

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

If there were 3 or 4 more people playing heroes, I bet she wouldn't feel that way though.

In my experience, this won't change much with these kind of players. Any time you target her character (even if it's the strategically sound choice), she'll still likely feel that you're being mean.

#22 Indalecio

Indalecio

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

I can see some viability for solo play in this game, even if I don't see myself doing it or at least doing it for an entire quest.

You can easily make abstration of the OL cards or hidden information by making your decisions informed for the side you represent. It just requires that you differentiate the context of the OL and the context of the heroes. It's perfectly doable. You can therefore still being trapped by the OL because you estimated that Hero A had to execute that action and Overlord had to play this card in response, as this is is how you would have played it yourself against a party of heroes.

This is where I have a picture of Sheldon Cooper in my head playing Descent in solo mode and screaming in total surprise upon playing Web Trap on himself. I wish they released this episode, lol.

I don't think you can get much fun out of this, though. I would only do it for testing purpose. Like in most other games, the fun comes out of the social experience. But if you´re Sheldon then go ahead dude, you´ll be fine.

Edited by Indalecio, 03 September 2014 - 12:30 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS