New Diary—from Dan Abnett!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Huckelbery

Tim Huckelbery

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hey all, a big thanks to very-busy-guy Dan Abnett who wrote us a killer short story to kick off the Dark Heresy rulebook. New designer diary interview with him here:

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4940

–Tim

• Morangias and seanpp like this

#2 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

The story starts pretty good, but since it's Abnett, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

The layout of the teaser pages is absolutely gorgeous - 40k RPG had always looked quite good, but not as good as this.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#3 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

Very, very nice.

Eisenhorn and Scourge The Heretic are two very, very good black library series. Would be looking forward to this even if it was only for the short story...

#4 alemander

alemander

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

I thought the preview was really good.  I wish it could be a whole novel and not just a short story.  I loved the two books that were part of DH1/Calixis and wish that could have been finished.

Edited by alemander, 31 July 2014 - 08:45 AM.

• Lionus likes this

#5 Lionus

Lionus

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

It was a very fun story to read. The one thing I found a little distracting, was the way the team was described. That must have been the most physically attractive team of acolytes ever assembled! It was like reading about the Inquisition issue of GQ magazine. Liked it a lot though, can't wait to see how it ends.

Edited by Lionus, 01 August 2014 - 10:24 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS