• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

iam not playin rebels but i would say that the X-wing is the best ship from da rebels. it has many named pilots, good stats like 3/2/3/2 - A/E/H/S, a good dial and in his upgrade bar the proton and astromech slot that can change his role from tank to supporter and such.

X-WINGS ROCK!

:)

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#62 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

For many reasons, cheap, versátil, manouverty, etc, my vote is for X-Wing, greettings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#63 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

It's too bad the HWK didn't have a natural two firepower 360, I'd have taken it here instead.

But, seeing my options?

Despite not having using it, the E-Wing. No brainer.

• admat likes this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#64 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

It's too bad the HWK didn't have a natural two firepower 360, I'd have taken it here instead.
But, seeing my options?
Despite not having using it, the E-Wing. No brainer.

How do you figure?

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#65 GreyHart

GreyHart

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Right out of the box, E-Wing hands down. My favorite though is the X-wing as I find it to be a versatile work horse for the Rebels.

I'm with you Boss Red. It's a GAME. PLAY it, have fun, don't overthink it.
  • Joe Boss Red Seven and admat like this

Imperials: TIE (10), TIE Advanced (4), TIE Defender (2), TIE Interceptor (4, +2 of ea. Ace), TIE Bomber (2), TIE Phantom (2), Firespray (2), Imperial Shuttle, Decimator - "I find your lack of EPICs disturbing."
Rebels: X-Wing (4), Y-Wing (2), A-Wing (4, +1 Ace), B-Wing (2, +1 Ace), E- Wing (2), Z-95 Headhunter (2), HWK-290 (2), Millennium Falcon, Outrider, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV - "Fly casual."

S&V: HWK-290 (2), Firespray (2) - "I will sing to you the song of my people." <sounds of blaster fire>

#66 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

E-Wing, just when you thought the A-Wing was the only rebel ship to get 1 shotted by a proton Bomb.  

#67 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

Right out of the box, E-Wing hands down. My favorite though is the X-wing as I find it to be a versatile work horse for the Rebels.

I'm with you Boss Red. It's a GAME. PLAY it, have fun, don't overthink it.

Yeah man thanks for sharing buddie.

I (We) get paid to do my(our) job(s), not to enjoy playing a badass game based on a BELOVED SCIENCE FANTASY WORLD.

Why would anybody want to make a game that is almost perfect and thus extremely amiable to play, into a complex scenario that is warped into a frustrating constant problem laden debacle which needs to be fixed?

Then once they have Flubbed it up, whenever the FFG money grubbing monsters make anything that is cool and fun to play they will scream "Broken!"

"We got to fix that!"

My Don Know.

:lol:

This game is wonderful and damn near perfect... yes PERFECT.

I can think of only six items I feel need to be adjusted, no wait in fact there are only five, because Munitions Failsafe is in the game now.

• GreyHart likes this

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#68 GreyHart

GreyHart

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Yeah man thanks for sharing buddie.

I (We) get paid to do my(our) job(s), not to enjoy playing a badass game based on a BELOVED SCIENCE FANTASY WORLD.

Why would anybody want to make a game that is almost perfect and thus extremely amiable to play, into a complex scenario that is warped into a frustrating constant problem laden debacle which needs to be fixed?

Then once they have Flubbed it up, whenever the FFG money grubbing monsters make anything that is cool and fun to play they will scream "Broken!"

"We got to fix that!"

My Don Know.
:lol:

This game is wonderful and damn near perfect... yes PERFECT.
I can think of only six items I feel need to be adjusted, no wait in fact there are only five, because Munitions Failsafe is in the game now.

Yeah, if I wanted that level of aggravation I would have kept playing Warhammer 40,00 or Warmahordes. I want something that's fun, fast and furious. SWXWM fits the bill.

Just remember everyone, in reality we're all just pushing around a bunch of toy soldiers in a sandbox. So like life, lets not take it too seriously, because no one gets out of either one alive.

At least not if you're a Rebel player... :)
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Imperials: TIE (10), TIE Advanced (4), TIE Defender (2), TIE Interceptor (4, +2 of ea. Ace), TIE Bomber (2), TIE Phantom (2), Firespray (2), Imperial Shuttle, Decimator - "I find your lack of EPICs disturbing."
Rebels: X-Wing (4), Y-Wing (2), A-Wing (4, +1 Ace), B-Wing (2, +1 Ace), E- Wing (2), Z-95 Headhunter (2), HWK-290 (2), Millennium Falcon, Outrider, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV - "Fly casual."

S&V: HWK-290 (2), Firespray (2) - "I will sing to you the song of my people." <sounds of blaster fire>

#69 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

My job is evaluation--the systematic determination of the merit, worth, or significance of an object (program, policy, product, etc.) So answering questions like "What's the best x?" is exactly what I get paid to do.

I have no idea why anyone would want to turn X-wing into a frustrating, problem-laden debacle. It is, however, a complex system created by the interaction of dozens of discrete elements, and working to better understand puzzles like that is something I enjoy doing.

Like I said upthread, different definitions of "fun". I'll leave you alone, now.
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#70 northdownwest

northdownwest

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

I would have to say the B-wing it's a nice staple ship.

#71 Kelvan

Kelvan

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

The answer is Falcon or B wing. In today's Meta it's Falcon though.

#72 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

X-wing, it's name is on the box.
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#73 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

My job is evaluation--the systematic determination of the merit, worth, or significance of an object (program, policy, product, etc.) So answering questions like "What's the best x?" is exactly what I get paid to do.

I have no idea why anyone would want to turn X-wing into a frustrating, problem-laden debacle. It is, however, a complex system created by the interaction of dozens of discrete elements, and working to better understand puzzles like that is something I enjoy doing.

Like I said upthread, different definitions of "fun". I'll leave you alone, now.

You do not bother me buddie, and I actually read most of your postings.

We are not alone here.

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven, 24 July 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#74 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

X-wing, it's name is on the box.

No you didn't... I know you didn't.

Yeah you DID!

^_^

#75 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, if I wanted that level of aggravation I would have kept playing Warhammer 40,00 or Warmahordes. I want something that's fun, fast and furious. SWXWM fits the bill.

Just remember everyone, in reality we're all just pushing around a bunch of toy soldiers in a sandbox. So like life, lets not take it too seriously, because no one gets out of either one alive.

At least not if you're a Rebel player... :)

I played GW games for ten years and man it bothered me at the time as I watched it turn into a crap-feast run by actually EVIL proprietors.

Oh well, that all ended for me in 2000... DONE!

How about this new X-WING game huh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#76 Nataris

Nataris

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

I don't need context to tell me that a firespray is a better overall ship then the advanced. Or that a stock Bwing is vastly superior to a Ywing.

Yes, every ship perfoms better in certain situations. But before each game you don't know the CONTEXT of what will take place in battle.

So you bring ships which you feel do the best job in numerous situations and context. Ie, the "best" ships.

I feel like the falcon is the best ship. But its a bit unfair in this conversation because its a named.

Close call, but I would go with:

1) Bwing
2) Ewing
3) Xwing
4) Z95

However, I think upgrades should be allowed. Every ship shares the same upgrades so you don't have the balance issues like you do with named pilot abilities.

Shuttles and HWK are both amazing ships that rely on their customization and ability to tailor itself to any role. Discounting upgrades does both a huge disservice.

#77 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

I don't need context to tell me that a firespray is a better overall ship then the advanced. Or that a stock Bwing is vastly superior to a Ywing.

Yes, every ship perfoms better in certain situations. But before each game you don't know the CONTEXT of what will take place in battle.

So you bring ships which you feel do the best job in numerous situations and context. Ie, the "best" ships.

I feel like the falcon is the best ship. But its a bit unfair in this conversation because its a named.

Close call, but I would go with:

1) Bwing
2) Ewing
3) Xwing
4) Z95

However, I think upgrades should be allowed. Every ship shares the same upgrades so you don't have the balance issues like you do with named pilot abilities.

Shuttles and HWK are both amazing ships that rely on their customization and ability to tailor itself to any role. Discounting upgrades does both a huge disservice.

I agree, but for this particular topic I did not want builds, just names of basic goodies.

You know what I mean. We upgrade the weaknesses out of the ships because it is fun.

That is it's own topic... kinda.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS