• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xTehOnex

xTehOnex

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

First post! Woo!

So, very new to the game and my friend got me into it. I've played once and today we are getting together again to play. I've boughten a few expansions and the basic set to get my 1st 100-point build together.

One player in our group loves to run the han falcon build, supported by a hawk.

So I have constructed a pretty simple and (hopefully) effective counter build to this, but overall I think this build is dangerous against many things.

The build I am thinking of running (1v1 - 100pts.):

Rexler Brath + Predator + hull upgrd.

Howlrunner + hull upgrd.

(x3) Academy Pilot

Basic Idea:

Run Brath at a distance from the howlrunner pack, making him focus more on the 4 fighters for a turn or two until shields on the Falcon are down, and Brath can come in and land some big hits/crits

----------------------------------------------------

We might also play a 2v2 game(400pt total)

Thinking the optimal build for my units would include

Brath + pred + HLC + hu

Jonus + Ion Pulse Missles

(x2) Academy Pilot

my partner would be running a howlswarm with black squadrons all utilizing outmanuever.

The idea here would be much like our previous idea, but with the twist of being able to flank the Falcon while I rush in with Brath and friends. The Ion missles are there to force the falcon into a vunerable position while my partner comes around his side and melts him.

So, let me know what you guys think of these builds! I'll let you know the outcomes and the final builds of each side!

#2 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

The best way to fight a falcon is to make sure all your ships shoot every turn (or at least as often as possibly). The falcon pretty much gets one shot every turn no matter what, so the few ships it has to fire at(that can shoot back) the better.
  • xTehOnex likes this
Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#3 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

The best way to fight a falcon is to make sure all your ships shoot every turn (or at least as often as possibly). The falcon pretty much gets one shot every turn no matter what, so the few ships it has to fire at(that can shoot back) the better.

This. I would suggest keeping Brath closer so he can engage the Falcon with the Ties. You might not have much of a mini-swarm left by the time you get Brath involved with the fight. But the list should be pretty good.

On your epic list I might suggest dropping Predator on Brath for outmaneuver. With Jonus re-rolls on the HLC, I don't think you'll need predator. Instead of the 2 academies, you can try a scimitar with an Assault missile. It might give you more of a punch in an epic match.

• xTehOnex likes this

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#4 xTehOnex

xTehOnex

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

This. I would suggest keeping Brath closer so he can engage the Falcon with the Ties. You might not have much of a mini-swarm left by the time you get Brath involved with the fight. But the list should be pretty good.

On your epic list I might suggest dropping Predator on Brath for outmaneuver. With Jonus re-rolls on the HLC, I don't think you'll need predator. Instead of the 2 academies, you can try a scimitar with an Assault missile. It might give you more of a punch in an epic match.

That is good thinking, outmaneuver would be better in that case.

The Scimitar with missles might also prove more useful.. thanks for the help guys!

I will also try to keep Brath in the action as much as possible too!

Edited by xTehOnex, 23 July 2014 - 09:46 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS