• 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Check out more pics here$_58.JPG

#2 MacrossVF1

MacrossVF1

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

You know, if you post pics of your repaint I would like not to be sent directly to ebay. That's a shamless plug of the truly shamless kind. Besides the paintjob isn't terribly special, especially not for what you are charging.
  • GrammitonCleric, The Amazing Flight Lizard, SierraKiloBravo and 4 others like this

The Alternative Wargamer: http://alternativewa...er.blogspot.se/

Repaints and scratchbuilds: http://alternativewa...ar Wars: X-wing

#3 Osoroshii

Osoroshii

龍神

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

I also believe you can't promote your own eBay auctions either.

#4 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

I'm sorry man but to me I can't see you getting people wanting to pay for a re-paint if it doesn't look like pro work.

Your colours are blocky, no shading that I can see, the wiring under the exposed panels looks like thick solid grey paint with no depth. And the white at the back 

And my personal taste maybe, but there's so much orange there! I can see much better looking versions of this ship just by googling. 

I think if you can nail the paint job you could get some interest, but I ljust google the ship and find this:

3wZngz2.jpg

Or even this:

42V5c85.jpg

And think, no thanks. 

Sorry guy.

Edited by Glentopher, 23 July 2014 - 06:37 AM.

Scum: 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 Z-95's

#5 MacrossVF1

MacrossVF1

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

Now, now, no need to be overly insulting, it tends to go downhill very fast from there.

The Alternative Wargamer: http://alternativewa...er.blogspot.se/

Repaints and scratchbuilds: http://alternativewa...ar Wars: X-wing

#6 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

Now, now, no need to be overly insulting, it tends to go downhill very fast from there.

Thats a relief going uphill plays havoc with my asthma.

• mrkyle, Radarman5 and MacrossVF1 like this

#7 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

The problem you face is that you have just used a base color set, no highlights or shading. Perfectly fine for your own table top use, but may not do well on Ebay.

Keep painting, add some shade and highlight and your ships will look better and better.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#8 Conandoodle

Conandoodle

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

General-lee speaking .. it needs a big 01 and Southern Confederation flag on it.

• The Amazing Flight Lizard and Kerfuffin925 like this

I'm a noob ..please be gentle.

#9 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

Why would someone poop on the Falcon?

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#10 Zoccola

Zoccola

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the ebay link. Because I was curious, I read the page. 45 bucks for me to mail you my falcon, pay for shipping and all you do is you spray paint it orange? 

WTF is wrong with your brain? 

• NotBatman and Stronghammer like this

Rebels: 6 Xwing, 3 Ywings, 2 Awings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK, 4 Bwings, 2 Ewings, 4 Z95s

Empire: 8 TIEs, 4 Interceptors, 2 Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle, 2 Phantoms, 3 Defenders

Scum: 4 Z95, 3 Ywings, 1 HWK, 2 Firesprays

#11 Urrgok

Urrgok

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

How disappointing. I was led to believe this was a fairly friendly forum, and then, suddenly, this lineup of insults to a completely harmless post. I hope the moderators drop the hammer, hard.

#12 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

How disappointing. I was led to believe this was a fairly friendly forum, and then, suddenly, this lineup of insults to a completely harmless post. I hope the moderators drop the hammer, hard.

It actually is a fairly friendly forum, the members just don't put up with things like this.

He posted one pic of his custom paint job, no description of how he made it, what colors, reference material etc Just a picture and a link to his ebay page to sell it.

He would have gotten a WHOLE different reaction if he would have been more friendly and community oriented himself, instead of "hey look at my paint job... want to see more look at my advertisement on ebay".

If you want to sell your services on a community forum, that is ok and good... You just have to be part of the community though, give free advice, do some articles on how to do it yourself (or just pay me to do it for you:).

He has 19 posts or something, a number of which he is selling something.

• GlassJaw, Mace Windu, Slugrage and 1 other like this

#13 Urrgok

Urrgok

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

But...it's not like it's actually harmful to look at some pictures on Ebay. It takes little time to navigate away again. Like or dislike the guy's paintjob and his wish to sell rather than engage in debates, educate, or whatever, some of the above responses are unnecessarily rude, and I can't see how they help this forum in any way. Sure, it might be acceptable behaviour among some of the members to attack others who do not participate in the 'proper' manner (apparently, it is), but take it from a new guy, it does nothing to promote the forum to a wider audience.

• BruceA and DreadStar like this

#14 patox

patox

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Bait and switch.

#15 Slugrage

Slugrage

• Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

I didn't know that The Great Pumpkin was part of the Star Wars universe...

• dandirk likes this

Core: 3 sets

Rebel: 1 X, 3 Y, 3 A, 2 B, 2 H, 2 YT-1300, 2 E, 4 Z, 1 CR-90, 1 GR-75

Imperial: 2 T, 3 T/Ad, 4 T/Int, 2 T/Bmb, 2 T/Df, 2T/Ph, 2 Shuttle, 2 Firespray, 2 Imp Aces

Order: 1 YT-2400, 1 VT-49, 2 Reb Aces

#16 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

I didn't read the whole thing....

I thought the $45 included the Falcon model.

Not that I want to put the man down, but $45 for that standard of paint just isn't in the ballpark...

More practice with the paints OP, that's all you need.

Edited by Englishpete, 23 July 2014 - 10:10 AM.

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#17 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

But...it's not like it's actually harmful to look at some pictures on Ebay. It takes little time to navigate away again. Like or dislike the guy's paintjob and his wish to sell rather than engage in debates, educate, or whatever, some of the above responses are unnecessarily rude, and I can't see how they help this forum in any way. Sure, it might be acceptable behaviour among some of the members to attack others who do not participate in the 'proper' manner (apparently, it is), but take it from a new guy, it does nothing to promote the forum to a wider audience.

Try reading some of the other threads where someone posted up their repaint or even remodel of a ship. You'll see a much different reaction.
  • Radarman5 likes this

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#18 negative9

negative9

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

yep, the problem with the post is that it is not a post.  It is just an advertisement for his painting service.  We don't want our forum chuck full of spam.(like my inbox)

#19 perniciousducks

perniciousducks

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

Try reading some of the other threads where someone posted up their repaint or even remodel of a ship. You'll see a much different reaction.

Even the repaints that are particularly bad usually get nice and supportive comments. I think people just don't like spam.
  • oneway likes this
Rebels: 7 X-Wing, 6 Y-Wing, 10 A-Wing, 3 YT-1300, 9 B-Wing, 6 HWK-290, 3 GR-75, 1 CR-90, 8 Z-95, 3 E-Wing,

Imperial: 8 TIE/LN, 4 TIE/X1, 13 TIE/IN, 3 Firespray-31, 6 TIE/SA, 4 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE/D, 5 TIE Phantom

#20 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Even the repaints that are particularly bad usually get nice and supportive comments. I think people just don't like spam.

I'm sorry but
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=g8huXkSaL7o

It had to be done. I'm weak
  • oneway likes this
I didn't mean for it to get this bad.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS