Photo

Art spoilers (including identity of next hero)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

Once again some more art pieces have slipped out to Deviantart where we have two more future unique characters:  12. The spoilers once again were right today about some cards from the Three Trials, so if we trust them our next hero should be Mablung. Legolas I'm pretty sure will be a unique ally. Don't think we're getting another hero version so soon.

• PsychoRocka likes this

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#2 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Holy hell....... that Legolas and Mablung art is really really good. Art only gets better for this game! (minus Stephen Seagal elrond and Treebeard) The sad thing is I know I will most likely never ever use the Legolas ally (if it is an Ally) as the hero is just too damn good and definitely my favorite hero with Elrond and his two sons all coming in at a close second.
Btw just found Haldir:

10478168_521425864626197_476950294375647

• richsabre likes this

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#3 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

Wow, thank's a lot for that. Now that I think of it, I was wrong, Haldir is the next hero, then Mablung. These are still some pretty amazing looking illustrations in my opinion. They feel very classical and elegant in some way. Give this artist more commissions!

• richsabre and PsychoRocka like this

#4 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

I know right, Legolas and Haldir look fantastic, probably my favorite elven artwork so far minus Arwen, Stargazer and Elrohir.

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

very John Howe!!! more of this please ffg!! :D

• Catastrophic09 and Olorin93 like this

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#6 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

I can totally see a Legolas ally in the next saga box.  Will be interesting to see when we get Mablung.

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#7 DC06675

DC06675

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

I can totally see a Legolas ally in the next saga box.  Will be interesting to see when we get Mablung.

Were the other two pictures taken down already? They won't load for me now. 

#8 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Me neither.  Also, 

Legolas I'm pretty sure will be a unique ally. Don't think we're getting another hero version so soon.

"So soon?"  Did I miss a spoiler?  Only Legolas card I know of is the core set hero.

#9 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,283 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

Me neither.  Also, 

Legolas I'm pretty sure will be a unique ally. Don't think we're getting another hero version so soon.

"So soon?"  Did I miss a spoiler?  Only Legolas card I know of is the core set hero.

I think the meaning of this is that Legolas doubtly will be hero of any of the upcoming APs, neither will he be the one hero of road darkens.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#10 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Ha, they removed them. I could save both thankfully. That took them a while!

Disclaimer: no I'm not gonna post it again ffg

Edited by Gizlivadi, 23 July 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#11 DC06675

DC06675

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Me neither.  Also, 

I think the meaning of this is that Legolas doubtly will be hero of any of the upcoming APs, neither will he be the one hero of road darkens.

I might disagree. You may be right and certainly a Legolas taking advantage of the Silvan trait would be beneficial. But it would be about time for art spoilers coming out for those in the Road Darkens Saga...which I personally don't think Legolas will be in, I have my money on an ally boromir so you can two-fist the fellowship!

#12 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 890 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Me neither.  Also, 

What I meant is that we're most likely not getting him as a hero so soon before the Saga expansions, which exploit the, well, exploits of Legolas in an actual story, so getting one before that would be a buzzkill.

My prediction is that he's gonna be a Tactics ally in one of this cycle's APs, not in the saga expansion.

Edited by Gizlivadi, 23 July 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#13 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

dddddd7r7v0g.jpg
legolas_by_giacobino_d7r7v0g.jpg

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#14 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

2 versions of Legolas is enough. I really hope they never create 3 different versions of any unique character. It's bad enough with 2, especially in multiplayer. There are tons of characters and they've shown they aren't afraid to invent more, so I'd rather not see them create more restrictions like not letting me use my Faramir ally because someone wants to try the hero.
  • klaymen_sk and PsychoRocka like this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS