118 replies to this topic

#101 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Who knew TIEs could drift

And now we know that your average fruit stand only has 1 hull point and causes the blinded pilot crit when you kill it at range 1. :-)

I really want this as a unit.

• oneway likes this

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#102 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

I don't have a problem with her pink armor, but the helmet... its look a little oversize IMO.

One question... as far as I remember TIE/ln can't land over the wings, does it? The only TIE with a land gear is a TIE shuttle I think.

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#103 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

I don't have a problem with her pink armor, but the helmet... its look a little oversize IMO.

One question... as far as I remember TIE/ln can't land over the wings, does it? The only TIE with a land gear is a TIE shuttle I think.

She's like, 15. Of course it's big.

As for the TIE, eh. Guess it can. It's certainly lightweight enough to handle it that way.

#104 Vanderbeam

Vanderbeam

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

I don't understand the hate of the pink armor.

It's punk as frag. 

I doubt she cares whether or not it conforms to gender roles (which it doesn't really. I mean, the pink part maybe. The badass warrior thing though? That's a traditionally male gender role, so it kind of cancels. It's like early Brody Dalle or early Joan Jett, they do what they want, embrace parts that they like and through out the parts that don't fit them.)

#105 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Jesus tittyfracking Christ, why the frell do C3P0 and R2D2 have to be in this.Full to no excitement in 2 seconds flat.
Scum: 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 Z-95's

#106 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Jesus tittyfracking Christ, why the frell do C3P0 and R2D2 have to be in this.Full to no excitement in 2 seconds flat.

>Implying that Bail Organa has nothing to do with the start of The Rebellion and as such, would not need important information, and isn't in direct posession of R2-D2 and C-3P0

Edited by Captain Lackwit, 25 July 2014 - 01:35 PM.

• VanorDM likes this

#107 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Yeah there's just zero reason to have those 2 in the pilot episode of this show...

Besides I'm pretty sure it's in their contract. :)

Also, be kinda silly for Disney to not put them in, and miss out on a chance to produce yet more toys of the 2 best known droids in the world.

#108 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

Yeah there's just zero reason to have those 2 in the pilot episode of this show...

Besides I'm pretty sure it's in their contract. :)

Also, be kinda silly for Disney to not put them in, and miss out on a chance to produce yet more toys of the 2 best known droids in the world.

Do remember, meeting them is likely by proxy of meeting Bail Organa, which makes tons of sense to me.

#109 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

which makes tons of sense to me.

I think this was a case where sarcasm didn't carry though. I was agreeing with you that it makes sense for them to be in the show. Since as you pointed out Bail had a lot to do with the foundation of the Rebel Alliance and they belonged to him at that time.

Although it's possible that by the time of the show they belong to Captain Antilles.

#110 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

To each their own. I'm excited to see Artoo and Chopper together.

#111 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

which makes tons of sense to me.

I think this was a case where sarcasm didn't carry though. I was agreeing with you that it makes sense for them to be in the show. Since as you pointed out Bail had a lot to do with the foundation of the Rebel Alliance and they belonged to him at that time.

Although it's possible that by the time of the show they belong to Captain Antilles.

Whups. Didn't catch the sarcasm. Confound you, english! Why don't you have a symbol for that!?

To each their own. I'm excited to see Artoo and Chopper together.

lulz will ensue.

• VanorDM likes this

#112 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

R2D2 and Chopper, the most foul mouthed characters in TV history. The censors have to beep every word that comes out of their speakers.
  • Captain Lackwit likes this

#113 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

R2D2 and Chopper, the most foul mouthed characters in TV history. The censors have to beep every word that comes out of their speakers.

...Heheheheheh.

#114 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

I'm sure Bail gave them to Antille sat the end of RotS

#115 Gosric

Gosric

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Where they wiped 3PO's mind but not R2's. Which didnt make sense. Even Uncle Owen was smart enough to want Luke to wipe both. Ignoring the morality of creating fully sentient beings to be slaves and wiping their memories at a whim. If **** or Orwell had written a novel where mankind was treated like that it would have been one of the great dystopian novels.

But nonetheless i still don't like the Ghost.

Hmmm. The board will not let me write the name of Philip K ****

Edited by Gosric, 26 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

The Sea of Stars will be my home, Under the black flag of freedom

http://lorelei-shipy...blr.com/archive

https://www.shapeway...ric?sort=newest

#116 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Philip K Jonson

#117 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Where they wiped 3PO's mind but not R2's. Which didnt make sense. Even Uncle Owen was smart enough to want Luke to wipe both. Ignoring the morality of creating fully sentient beings to be slaves and wiping their memories at a whim. If **** or Orwell had written a novel where mankind was treated like that it would have been one of the great dystopian novels.

Droids are AI not sentient, they can form personalities but its a simulation not true life.

Obviously creating an army of robots that could become independent and turn on their masters would be stupid, they've had droids for thousands of years by this point and would know how to make them intelligent enough to be useful without becoming sentient.

#118 Biophysical

Biophysical

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Droids are AI not sentient, they can form personalities but its a simulation not true life.

Obviously creating an army of robots that could become independent and turn on their masters would be stupid, they've had droids for thousands of years by this point and would know how to make them intelligent enough to be useful without becoming sentient.

Clones, however, are sentient beings, created to serve and die.  That pretty much makes the Republic straight-up twirling mustache evil. 

#119 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

Clearly the manner of which droids works in star wars evades you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS