Extended Trailer for Animated Star Wars: Rebels

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Slugrage

Slugrage

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Here it is, fresh off the Star Wars Youtube page, the extended trailer for the upcoming animated Star Wars: Rebels. I'm cautiously optimistic. Direct link here

Okay, who am I kidding? I'm giggling like a fanboy that's OD'd on Skittles and Red Bull.

Edited by Slugrage, 22 July 2014 - 10:38 PM.

• Veldrin, VanorDM, GroggyGolem and 6 others like this

Core: 3 sets

Rebel: 1 X, 3 Y, 3 A, 2 B, 2 H, 2 YT-1300, 2 E, 4 Z, 1 CR-90, 1 GR-75, 2 Reb Aces

Imperial: 2 T, 3 T/Ad, 4 T/Int, 2 T/Bmb, 2 T/Df, 2T/Ph, 2 Shuttle, 2 Firespray, 2 Imp Aces

Order: 1 YT-2400, 1 VT-49

#2 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

That looks like a WEG D6 campaign brought to life. Can't wait!

• Mikael Hasselstein, Hrathen, VanorDM and 4 others like this

#3 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

I just saw it.  I can't wait.  Squuueeeeeeeeel!

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#4 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

I too will go with cautiously optimistic.

• Nataris and IronTau like this

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#5 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

Dude. That was ******* cool.

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#6 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm candy.
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#7 Blail Blerg

Blail Blerg

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

... that was hopeful.  

ROLL RED, STAY THIRSTY FRIENDS. 

#8 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

I love the clone wars a lot so I'll definitely check this out.  I know both shows have some "interesting" style choices that you either love or hate.

For the clone wars it was the rigid, sometimes blocky faces.

For rebels, some of the stuff is really stylized, like the squatty ties and odd stormtrooper helmets.

REBEL: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL: 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber, 2 Defenders, 3 Fighters, 3 Interceptors, 1 Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Shuttle

SCUM: TBD

#9 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

I'm a little interested in the idea of this show, but only if they'll give some interesting and complex Imperial characters too. That Inquisitor has my eye… possible future Imperial Crew card?

#10 AverageBoss

AverageBoss

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Looks cool. I just wish Disney would have let clone wars run another 12-14ish episodes so that we could finish the major arc/questions. Mainly on what happens to Cad Bane, Ventress, Ahsoka, Darth Maul, and Mother Talzin. At least the latter two are being finished by Dark Horse plus the Clone Wars writers.

Edited by AverageBoss, 22 July 2014 - 11:58 PM.

• Jordan Peacock likes this

#11 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

I really like that they're covering the time period where the rebellion starts to form.  My only hope however is that the force users end up dieing at the end of the series.  It would be stupid to have former jedi's around that could train Luke that are oddly absent from the movies (other than Obi Wan and Yoda).

• Hinnyboy, The Amazing Flight Lizard, quasistellar and 5 others like this

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#12 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

I'm a little interested in the idea of this show, but only if they'll give some interesting and complex Imperial characters too. That Inquisitor has my eye… possible future Imperial Crew card?

Wrong time frame though, I wouldn't expect to see anything from this show, showing up in the game. 

The show does look .. promising though.. 

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

"Hahaha. Very funny, at least I only hit the enemy target, Ya collateral bastard."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice 181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#13 Suriel

Suriel

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:47 AM

Oh look I am a Clone Trooper that survived the onslaught of Clone Wars. Fought hand to hand against Super Battle Droids and shot blaster with pin point accuracy... Suddenly I am unable to defeat a 15y old kid and his droid.  :wacko:

That cartoon is another stinking pile of Dewback dung

Edited by Suriel, 23 July 2014 - 01:49 AM.

• Revanchist and teufelwolf@yahoo.com like this

#14 Gibarian

Gibarian

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:52 AM

Somehow I'd gotten it into my head that this was going to be traditional animation, so that trailer left me disappointed. And the pink Mandalorian is borderline offensive.

Still, looks pretty good.

#15 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:19 AM

I like it, but some of the drawings are hokey and out of proportion. How/why did the Star Destroyers get such long necks, for example?

#16 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,393 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

Somehow I'd gotten it into my head that this was going to be traditional animation, so that trailer left me disappointed. And the pink Mandalorian is borderline offensive.

Still, looks pretty good.

But it's a lady. Barbie Fett, perhaps?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 23 July 2014 - 03:40 AM.

• Swedge, Rakky Wistol, Duke of Advil and 2 others like this

FFG über alles!

#17 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

I felt it as I watched it, and that is exactly what happened with the original trilogy.

:wub:

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#18 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

don't have Disney XD.....  wonder if cartoon planet will carry it?? they carried the old one... 

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#19 Vagabond Nomad

Vagabond Nomad

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

At first I'd been looking forward to this, but the stubby TIE Fighter wings and stubby astromech droid look ridiculous to me.  Disney has Disney-fied Star Wars, much as I'd feared.  

If they'd stayed true to the classic Star Wars designs, I'd be totally into this,  But now that I see what they've done with it, this looks like a Play SchoolTM version of Star Wars.

Dang it, I'm a grown man, not a toddler!

• teufelwolf@yahoo.com likes this

#20 ExpatSmuggler

ExpatSmuggler

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

At first I'd been looking forward to this, but the stubby TIE Fighter wings and stubby astromech droid look ridiculous to me.  Disney has Disney-fied Star Wars, much as I'd feared.  

If they'd stayed true to the classic Star Wars designs, I'd be totally into this,  But now that I see what they've done with it, this looks like a Play SchoolTM version of Star Wars.

Dang it, I'm a grown man, not a toddler!

Well it is a show meant for kids...

I think the show looks interesting. I am definitely excited for it, but I am reserving my judgement until I see it. As far as the style choices, it is a cartoon meant for children, not the movies which are more geared towards adults. So I really don't have any strong disagreements with it. Would I have designed it that way? Probably not, but then again I'm not someone with years of experience making children's cartoons.

Imperial - 5 TIE Fighters, 3 Intercepters, 3 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 2 Firesprays, 1 Lambda, 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber

Rebel - 4 X-Wings, 4 Z-95's, 3 E-Wings, 2 YT-1300's, 2 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 HWK, 1 Rebel Transport

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS