And our next hero is..

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Gizlivadi

Gizlivadi

• Members
  • 879 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

I am not ready to call it done (I finalize decks at the end of the cycle) but Lore / Spirit solo deck is showing GREAT promise.

To be completely honest I don't think they're gonna develop it further than this pack. Sure we will get some more scout heroes in the next APs, but they're not going to make this scout theme deck viable anytime soon. It's just the FFG way I guess.

"A straight road lay westward, now it is bent."

#82 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

@Booored

I like what your thinking. Here is a possible strategy that calls for some seldom used cards. Keep Thror's key attached to her until a location pops up with a nasty travel effect with lots of quest points between and between 1-3 threat. The threat choice will be based on how many Power of the Earth you have in hand.

Let say you completely neutralize a location effect with Thor's key, then you eliminate its staging area threat with power in the earth. Now if you have some cards that can put progress on the location like Asfaloth each round, if the location has 6 quest points and you get 2 or ravenhill scouts in play you can pretty much clear a location the moment it shows up in the staging area, or wait until you need to ready Idraen for combat.

That sounds like a lot of moving parts, but could be pretty neat once it's all set up.

Edited by Tracker1, 29 July 2014 - 08:48 PM.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#83 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:30 AM

I think the goal is to have a high point location as the travel area. Place travel markers on it with Guide. This way even if you fail to quest you still place progress tokens. Though the goal is to not ever clear it, just use it as a "storage area" for tokens which you move with R.Scout and Asfaloth, to drop 4 on a location on a whim. This is only a few cards.. 2 in fact, 3 with the Guide.

I dunno, I think there is something missing still, but the basics of a interesting deck is there I think. Riddermark's Finest drops 2 tokens at will... as dose Strength of Will, Ride to Ruin (combo's with clandra). Remeber she untaps as a response, you could use clearing locations as a way to untap between combat. Untap her with Asfaloth by clearing the travels location then tap her again to drop Strength of Will as you travel, and then untap her again after that gose off, especially if there is a tracker out topping up all the locations in the staging so they only need a little thing to "tip them over.

Still yeah, I have no idea if this is worth it, but it feel like this could be a thing, though locations are getting more powerful and less often of late.. still I'm curious to see what the rest of the set gives us. I only really put effort into deck making after pack 6.

Edited by booored, 30 July 2014 - 02:33 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#84 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

But if the active location is absorbing progress and then redistributing it, how do you make progress on the quest. You'll have to clear it at some time, rather than just have it sit there. Maybe I'm not understanding the strategy completely, but look forward to hearing hearing if it works out for you.
'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#85 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

But if the active location is absorbing progress and then redistributing it, how do you make progress on the quest. You'll have to clear it at some time, rather than just have it sit there. Maybe I'm not understanding the strategy completely, but look forward to hearing hearing if it works out for you.

This is more of a setup strategy. It keeps the staging area clean while readying Idraen often so that you have time to set up the rest of the deck. This only really works in quests where there is a stage that it doesn't hurt to progress slowly on. I also suggest Path of Need to go along with this strategy. If you can get it into play during this "setup" time, you can have several turns where none of your heroes exhaust to do anything while you build up your ally army. This seems quite powerful to me. Too bad you can only have 1 copy of Path of Need in your deck. Makes it less reliable... but that's what Master of the Forge is for, right?

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS