#21 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

I think the best ones are:
C3PO (Crew): Tells you the odds.
Lando (Crew): Makes your action a gamble.
  • Parakitor and oddeye like this
Be seeing you.

#22 Danath

Danath

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

Really Vader and Mauler and mentioned but not Backstabber? Poor guy gets blown up by Han in the Trench and no one remembers him.

Rebel 2 Z-95s, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 5 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 HWK-290s, 2 YT-1300s, 1 GR-75 Medium Transports, 1 Corellian Corvette, 2 E-wings

Empire: 2 TIE Advanced, 4 TIE Bombers, 8 TIE Fighters, 7 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 3 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#23 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Validating
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

Are they flavourful?

Not really. They taste like cardboard.

• Danath, VanorDM, Zoccola and 3 others like this

#24 barabelsftw

barabelsftw

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

Lando: Sort of explains his leadership abilities during battle of endor. 

Etahn: Distingushed commander so it makes sense. 

Kir Kanos: I think his ability definetively captures his singlemindedness when it comes to killing his foe.

Cracken: Legendary intellegence agent/commander so gifting actions makes sense

Fails:

Kagi: I would think someone who's the personal driver to the emperor would try to avoid fire more rather than grabbing aggro from every rebel with a targeting computer.

#25 RogueLieutenant

RogueLieutenant

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Dark Curse was the guy tailing Luke that Wedge blasted. "I can't shake him!" His ability doesn't really reflect that. :\ But he's still one of my favorites. 

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#26 Zoccola

Zoccola

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

Are they flavourful?

Not really. They taste like cardboard.

Lol everytime I see this thread on the top of the page I want to respond: well it depends on how you cook them. :) 

• VanorDM likes this

Rebels: 6 Xwing, 3 Ywings, 2 Awings, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK, 4 Bwings, 2 Ewings, 4 Z95s

Empire: 8 TIEs, 4 Interceptors, 2 Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle, 2 Phantoms, 3 Defenders

Scum: 4 Z95, 3 Ywings, 1 HWK, 2 Firesprays

#27 Bohrdumb

Bohrdumb

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I think the best ones are:
C3PO (Crew): Tells you the odds.
Lando (Crew): Makes your action a gamble.

This is the one I came in to mention. He literally tells the odds. The only thing more flavorful would be if Darth Vader cried every time he shot at a ship with C3PO in it.

5 X, 3 B, 2 A, 2 Y, 1 Hwk, 2 Es, 2 Zs

6 TIE, 2 TIE B. 2 Ints, 1 Adv, 1 Defender, 2 Phantoms

#28 horsepire

horsepire

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

how about the imperials?  

I feel like darth vader wasn't that great.  Nor the crew card.  

It is a weird ability for sure.

Corran Horn's ability seems pretty fluffy. Jedi double tap.

Vader kills his own crewmembers to motivate the others. As for the ship getting two actions, he's just an amazing pilot.

I get the pilot ability, but the crew one is still weird.  So he kills a crew member and that does two damage to the ship he's on? And then what, his gunner becomes more accurate suddenly and causes more damage to the enemy ship? I don't buy it.

Plus the picture is odd...it's Vader rampaging around with a lightsaber while things explode. Huh?

It's a cool ability but it makes no logical sense at all.

#29 catachanninja

catachanninja

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

See I always interpreted C3PO as straight up shouting "We're doomed" which I loved.
Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

#30 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I don't buy it.

I dunno, if I was on a ship with a pissed off Sith Lord, I'd be motivated to not miss my target...
  • Vorpal Sword likes this

#31 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

I get the pilot ability, but the crew one is still weird.  So he kills a crew member and that does two damage to the ship he's on? And then what, his gunner becomes more accurate suddenly and causes more damage to the enemy ship? I don't buy it.

Plus the picture is odd...it's Vader rampaging around with a lightsaber while things explode. Huh?

Of course it makes sense.  Vader simply opens his ships boarding ramp, leans out and force chokes the Rebel pilots as they fly past.

Unfortunately the explosive decompression caused by opening the ramp causes serious damage to his own craft and crew...

• horsepire likes this

Bacon for breakfast, bacon for tea; bacon for you, bacon for me.

#32 horsepire

horsepire

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Of course it makes sense.  Vader simply opens his ships boarding ramp, leans out and force chokes the Rebel pilots as they fly past.

Unfortunately the explosive decompression caused by opening the ramp causes serious damage to his own craft and crew...

I like this explanation better.

#33 DarthSidious

DarthSidious

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

All my pilots taste like chicken.

Rebels: 3xX-Wing, 2xB-Wing, 2xA-Wing, 1xY-Wing, 1xYT-1300, 1xHWK-290, 1xCR90, 2xE-Wing, 2xZ-95, 2xRebel Aces

Empire: 6xTIE Fighter, 2xTIE Advanced, 1xLambda Shuttle, 2xTIE Interceptor, 3xImperial Aces, 4xTIE Bomber, 1xFirespray-31, 2xTIE Defender, 2xTIE Phantom

'Loose' is when your pants are three sizes too big.  'Lose' is when your defense dice come up blanks.

#34 quasistellar

quasistellar

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Dark Curse was the guy tailing Luke that Wedge blasted. "I can't shake him!" His ability doesn't really reflect that. :\ But he's still one of my favorites. 

Yeah, it's kinda reversed from the movie.  It would make more sense if the target of his attack couldn't spend spend focus or evade, as opposed to what it currently is (ships targeting him can't spend focus or reroll dice).

#35 IronTau

IronTau

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, it's kinda reversed from the movie.  It would make more sense if the target of his attack couldn't spend spend focus or evade, as opposed to what it currently is (ships targeting him can't spend focus or reroll dice).

However, it is interesting to see that Wedge's pilot ability is perhaps the single best way to kill Dark Curse, because a lot of other pilot talents or actions don't work against him on offense. 

#36 Danath

Danath

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

I've always thought of Vader as when the Falcon flies into the asteroid and he tells his crew. I don't care what it take I want that ship.

Then a while later we see the ship being pelted by asteroids as they attempt to find the falcon. Vader pushes the ships/crew to the limits. 

Rebel 2 Z-95s, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 5 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wings, 2 HWK-290s, 2 YT-1300s, 1 GR-75 Medium Transports, 1 Corellian Corvette, 2 E-wings

Empire: 2 TIE Advanced, 4 TIE Bombers, 8 TIE Fighters, 7 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s, 2 Lambda Shuttles, 3 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#37 x13phantom

x13phantom

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

Luke should have gotten something gunnery related. He was a horrible pilot...damn near crashed everything he piloted.

-Cal

Any landing you can walk away from...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS