• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

$22 to ship to Australia, the shipping options also says:

"If choosing USPS First-Class International please be aware that there is no tracking information. Fantasy Flight Games cannot be held responsible for any lost or misplaced items once shipped. In an event of a lost USPS First Class International shipment, shipping charges will not be refunded. "

To get tracking will cost me an extra: $23

I want it.. but god damn >_<

• stegocent likes this

#22 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Here you Bento... The postage price is ridiculous seeing that I can get it from US Games Store for a cheaper price than FFG directly.  $30+ for a few cards is really steep.

Funagain games are selling it for $12, with $8.95 (US dollars) potage and handling.  It will take over a month to get it however.

I might have to wait until the stores here (Australia) get it in stock. 

#23 ilikegames

ilikegames

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Why not put it out on print on demand?

or put things in a table (where you roll 2 red dice or grey and black shield dice)?

One could easily make tables for: perils, exploration, and monster activation.

Then you could even have more monsters available.

Anyone working on home brew Encounters or converting vault quest to co-op?

#24 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Here you Bento... The postage price is ridiculous seeing that I can get it from US Games Store for a cheaper price than FFG directly.  $30+ for a few cards is really steep.

Funagain games are selling it for $12, with $8.95 (US dollars) potage and handling.  It will take over a month to get it however.

I might have to wait until the stores here (Australia) get it in stock. 

Sold !

Don't care too much how long it takes, if a local store gets it sooner i will just sell the one that arrives.

Thanks for the heads up.

#25 Glorious Strategist

Glorious Strategist

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

I ordered this directly from FFG the other day, I can't wait to get my hands on it. While 15 dollars plus 9 shipping did seem a little steep due to what you get material wise, I was more than happy to pay it. The reason for this is simple, for 23 dollars I will get several hours of enjoyment. I could spend the same amount on a couple of movie tickets or something of that nature and might not even like the movie. With this, I get several hours of fun with a great group of friends and it can be enjoyed over and over through replayabilty. For me, it was a no-brainer. Then again, I own everything out for 2nd edition...
  • stegocent likes this

#26 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

I ordered this directly from FFG the other day, I can't wait to get my hands on it. While 15 dollars plus 9 shipping did seem a little steep due to what you get material wise, I was more than happy to pay it. The reason for this is simple, for 23 dollars I will get several hours of enjoyment. I could spend the same amount on a couple of movie tickets or something of that nature and might not even like the movie. With this, I get several hours of fun with a great group of friends and it can be enjoyed over and over through replayabilty. For me, it was a no-brainer. Then again, I own everything out for 2nd edition...

For Australians and Europeans the postage cost is higher than the product (if bought through FFG)! ~$35 for Australia.  I also own everything for 1st and 2nd editions but somewhere a limit has to be set on what is reasonable value.  (I haven't played it yet, I might not enjoy either)

The local shops in Australia charge a lot for the PoD stuff as well, so the benefits of PoD don't seem to translate for international buyers.  For instance a small box expansion for Talisman retails for $30, the same as the PoD expansion that was released.  It was more on the FFG website.  For that you got about 30 cards, for a small box expansion you get well over a 100 cards plus 4-6 miniatures.

I'll probably just have to wait and get it from an American store.  I suppose the rule is for international customers you have to pay through the teeth if you want a PoD item on release date.  I wish FFG would look into their postage prices

#27 Terrano

Terrano

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Hopefully someone can help me on this one. I would really love to get my hand on the Forgotton Souls but I checked the FFG store and Funagain and they both have shipping around 30-50 dollars or more which I simply cannot stomach (because you can add 50% of that again on that in taxes to ship to austria)

Does anyone know any other web shops that sell that Print on Demand other than funagain? Maybe I could find one store that has reasonable shipping rates to the EU/Austria

#28 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:42 AM

No german shop sell this ? Strange, I would be sure of it.

#29 tibia

tibia

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

As far as I see, Funagain shipping costs to EU is 6,50 USD

#30 Kilazar

Kilazar

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

Wait, so this is not a conversion/expansion? 

I would think that it just makes rules for co op, while giving you the ability to use all of your current monsters, tile sets,  and hero's with maybe build your own quest as well as new quests specific to the pack?

Can someone explain exactly what this expansion does if it does not enable the above?

#31 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

I would think that it just makes rules for co op, while giving you the ability to use all of your current monsters, tile sets,  and hero's with maybe build your own quest as well as new quests specific to the pack?

Can someone explain exactly what this expansion does if it does not enable the above?

The co-op "expansions" allow you to play the game in a co-operative way, within an active player playing the OL.  In essence, the OL role is automated via the use of special rules, cards, mechanics, etc. that come in the expansion.

#32 Kilazar

Kilazar

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

The co-op "expansions" allow you to play the game in a co-operative way, within an active player playing the OL.  In essence, the OL role is automated via the use of special rules, cards, mechanics, etc. that come in the expansion.

So I could run the Shadowrune Campaign in a totally co op manner? Cause that is what I am looking for.

Edited by Kilazar, 29 July 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#33 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

So I could run the Shadowrune Campaign in a totally co op manner? Cause that is what I am looking for.

No, it's a specific campaign module on its own, it cannot be used with other campaigns.

#34 Carbini

Carbini

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

No, from what I understand this is it's own adventure, it is not an "AI controller" for use in the main game. I'll find out on Friday. :)

They have posted the rules for viewing though, you you can give it a read through if you think you are interested.

#35 stegocent

stegocent

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'll probably just have to wait and get it from an American store.  I suppose the rule is for international customers you have to pay through the teeth if you want a PoD item on release date.  I wish FFG would look into their postage prices

Not much FFG can do about the postage problem, I live in NZ so sux for me too, it's the US postal service that is the problem here.
It never used to be so bad but since the yank currency fell over the shipping has been getting more and more expensive to cover the piss poor exchange rate, well that's how I read it.
It's cheaper for me to get things from the UK to NZ!
My advice is too do a bulk order if you are gonna buy from the FFG site, and sell of the rest via Ebay AU or get some friends interested or ask around the old fashioned way :-P

Empire: 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Tie/Int, 2 Imperial Aces  4 Tie/B, 2 Firespray-31, 3 Lambda

Rebel: 6 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 4 B-wing, 1 Yt-1300, 2 HWK-290, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#36 Amran

Amran

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

I'd be curious to know if they've made changes to any cards since the release of the in store Game Night Kit.

#37 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

Not much FFG can do about the postage problem, I live in NZ so sux for me too, it's the US postal service that is the problem here.
It never used to be so bad but since the yank currency fell over the shipping has been getting more and more expensive to cover the piss poor exchange rate, well that's how I read it.
It's cheaper for me to get things from the UK to NZ!
My advice is too do a bulk order if you are gonna buy from the FFG site, and sell of the rest via Ebay AU or get some friends interested or ask around the old fashioned way :-P

I'd would understand that if other stores in the US using the postal service were the same price, but they can ship for it $8.95.  I have ordered mine as they have hit the U.S stores now, so hopefully its not too long now! ($20US roughly in total)

#38 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

Like I said before, I was waiting for one of the places with whom I do an enormous amount of business to get it.  I have ordered it from CSI for $11.99 with no shipping charges.  Far better than $20-$30.  :P

#39 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, I found it on eBay for $15 with free shipping, so I ended up getting it. :)

#40 modernman55

modernman55

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Does anyone else wonder if the quest vault will be updated to accommodate custom made co-op quests? 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS