Quay Totem - Is it a Magic 8-Ball?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

I've read over the Weequay entry and the description of the Quay totem makes me think of the Magic 8-Ball. Is this really what it's supposed to be?

Also, did we ever see the Quay totem in use in any of the Clone Wars episodes that featured Weequay characters?

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#2 RedfordBlade

RedfordBlade

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

I can't speak to Clone Wars appearances, but "Tales from Jabba's Palace" certainly makes it seem like a magic 8-ball. In fact, I kind of assumed that book is where the Quay originally appeared.
  • Desslok likes this

#3 bsmith23

bsmith23

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

Ever since I read that years ago, I've wanted to play a Weequay street preacher of some sorts. Has to consult the Quay before EVERY decision, even what to have for breakfast. Even have the eight ball there as a prop at the table. Only problem is I'm the sole SWGM in our group.
  • LibrariaNPC likes this

#4 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Reply hazy, try again.

• Col. Orange, That Blasted Samophlange, kaosoe and 2 others like this

#5 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Also, did we ever see the Quay totem in use in any of the Clone Wars episodes that featured Weequay characters?

The only Weequay we saw in TCW, to my recollection, were pirates, and they didn't seem all too religious.

#6 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,194 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

The only Weequay we saw in TCW, to my recollection, were pirates, and they didn't seem all too religious.

Yeah, pirates are mentioned as a stereotypical occupation of Weequay, and every write-up of the Weequay makes a huge deal about their religion, but TCW shows Weequay that seem to be fairly non-religious.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#7 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

They also seemed to talk a heck of a lot for quays.

Be well,

Sham

#8 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

They also seemed to talk a heck of a lot for quays.
Yeah, though tbf it's kinda hard to portray and/or explain pheromonal communication on a TV show :)
  • LETE likes this

#9 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 949 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

Jokingly nitpicking: The Elcor didn't have an issue in the equally visual medium of video games.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS