6 replies to this topic

#1 ObiBen

ObiBen

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys, I just found this:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/203416

Seems like a good deal? HCD seems to have pretty good reviews, just wanted to get others' thoughts on this before I got one.

#2 pcgamerpirate

pcgamerpirate

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

If it's anything like their "Space Battle Mat" then it is a really nice surface to play on.

• ObiBen likes this

#3 Scizzler

Scizzler

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I have the "space battle mat" and it is by far the best space mat I've ever played on that was purchased commercially.

• ObiBen likes this

I've got ships for days

#4 ObiBen

ObiBen

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

I have the "space battle mat" and it is by far the best space mat I've ever played on that was purchased commercially.

Do you have something better that was not purchased commercially? :huh:

#5 Rapture

Rapture

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:53 PM

I play regularly on a friend's standard canvass-y feeling mat. I am currently looking for something equivalent or slightly higher end, so I would also appreciate anyone's comments on this.

The thing that I am most worried about is whether it sits flat after being stored rolled up.

Edited by Rapture, 22 July 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#6 Rybnick

Rybnick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

I play on the HCD mats regularly and really like them, I have already pre-ordered the star field mat from MM. looking forward to getting my grubby hands on it!

#7 ixdta39

ixdta39

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

I like my HCD Space Battle Mat more than my GF9 vinyl mat.  

The mousepad is nice in absorbing dice noise when rolling and the mat itself doesn't slide around.  My only issue with it is that my miniatures still slip and slide easily.  The next thing is to weight and add the anti slip material on my bases or to invest in a 36"x72" (extra wide) yoga mat and cut it.  

I've played on the yoga mat before and prefer it but having four mats seems like over kill to me. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS