• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MikeTheRed

MikeTheRed

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Yoda, You Seek Yoda

Action: Increase the Death Star dial by 1 to search your deck for Yoda, and put him into play, if able. Shuffle your deck.

How does this Event resolve if there is a Yoda already in play?

Does the "found" Yoda from deck get shuffled back in or is it discarded?

Edited by MikeTheRed, 22 July 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#2 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Shuffled back into your deck, Yoda will be.
  • TwoShedsJackson likes this

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#3 Andur Saibot

Andur Saibot

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Following with the topic: what if canceled with Imperial Supression? Does the Dial increases even the Yoda is not "seeked"?

#4 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

Following with the topic: what if canceled with Imperial Supression? Does the Dial increases even the Yoda is not "seeked"?

Not entirely sure but my guess is that yes, the dial still goes up because of it being part of the cost.

#5 PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Correct.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#6 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I dont think I understand this questions. I was under the impression that the unique Yoda units would swap.

So you have the "old" Yoda in play. You use the event to search out the "new" Yoda. Since you cannot have two copies of unique cards in play. I thought the "old" Yoda would go to the discard pile and the "new" Yoda would come into play (after you pay his cost)

The other flip side is, what if you play the event to search out Yoda but cannot pay his cost to play him. Would he go into the discard pile and then suffle your deck? I dont believe this even allows Yoda to be played for free (or put him in your hand). You must play him and pay his cost as well. Correct me if I misunderstood this.

#7 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

A unique card cannot enter play if a copy of it (by title) already is. Since "cannot" is absolute, the new Yoda does not replace the old (this is why Forgotten Heroes has you returning the unique first before putting its replacement into play).

#8 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Understood.

Make sense.

However if there is no Forgotten Heros in play, what happens then? Do you simply pay to shuffle your deck?

#9 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

Whether Forgotten Heroes is in play or not, if Yoda cannot enter play, you effectively pay to shuffle your deck.

Forgotten Heroes has an action that lets you swap a unique unit in your hand with a unique unit in play with the same name. To avoid problems with the rule about uniques, it makes you first reveal the card in your hand, then return the card in play to your hand, and last put the card in your hand into play.

#10 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Thanks.

Also to clarify the event "Yoda You Seek Yoda", you search for Yoda in your deck and then must pay to play him.

What happens if you fetch him and then cannot pay for him. Does he go back into your command deck or in the discard pile?

I dont think this would happen in a match but still wanted to ask.

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Thanks.

Also to clarify the event "Yoda You Seek Yoda", you search for Yoda in your deck and then must pay to play him.

What happens if you fetch him and then cannot pay for him. Does he go back into your command deck or in the discard pile?

I dont think this would happen in a match but still wanted to ask.

If a card says put into play you do not pay the resource cost for the unit. 

• GroggyGolem and Kevin Keeler like this

#12 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Whether Forgotten Heroes is in play or not, if Yoda cannot enter play, you effectively pay to shuffle your deck.

Forgotten Heroes has an action that lets you swap a unique unit in your hand with a unique unit in play with the same name. To avoid problems with the rule about uniques, it makes you first reveal the card in your hand, then return the card in play to your hand, and last put the card in your hand into play.

I believe you are thinking of Heroes & Legends.

Forgotten Heroes is the Core Set Pod with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Edited by GroggyGolem, 25 July 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#13 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

Toqtamish thank you for the clarification. Just making sure I understand the text and rules. Much appreciated.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS