Photo

Rogue Trader dynasties & the Imperium (fluff question)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 filliman

filliman

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

@Radwraith

Not if they reduce it via the Misfortunes table! I always wondered how the Imperium could bleed you so thoroughly as to cause you to lose 1-5 PF in a single go through TAXES ALONE. I mean, what else could they be doing? Using your contacts? Looting your warehouses? Borrowing house guard and then getting them all killed? Fatally disrupt a trade route?

• Nameless2all and Radwraith like this

Aaah, Astropaths, or as I call them, Telefaxus Glorficius.

-Fgdsfg

#22 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

Not to mention: It's hard to Imagine how a new government would reduce your PF ...

Not if they Tithe what you are producing/manufacturing/marketing on the planet. 

@Radwraith

Not if they reduce it via the Misfortunes table! I always wondered how the Imperium could bleed you so thoroughly as to cause you to lose 1-5 PF in a single go through TAXES ALONE. ....

I agree; however, it could also be resources/equipment (as you mentioned above).  Those supply shipments from Planet A to Planet Y have been taxed/confiscated/delayed indefinitely for inspection.  Planet Y has decided to now go with Planet X's shipments since yours are no longer coming and your Dynasty ignored their requests on further shipments.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#23 Wincent

Wincent

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

@Radwraith

Not if they reduce it via the Misfortunes table! I always wondered how the Imperium could bleed you so thoroughly as to cause you to lose 1-5 PF in a single go through TAXES ALONE. I mean, what else could they be doing? Using your contacts? Looting your warehouses? Borrowing house guard and then getting them all killed? Fatally disrupt a trade route?

Here's how:

http://europa.eu/eu-law/index_en.htm

#24 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

@Radwraith

Just announcing that the Adeptus Terra is openly going to be auditting you is probably enough for some of your contacts to decide to divert part of their trade ambitions to a rival because they're not being looked into by the Galaxy's greatest and least funny accountants.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#25 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

@Radwraith

I Figured I'd start here and deal with all the comments below it: Misfortunes are only permanent if the RT ignores them. The examples presented would primarily (With the exception of the Administratum audit) only affect you if you were in fact the Imperial Governor of the world in question. Even so: An overzealous Logister chooses to inflict a Calamitous misfortune on the RT (1d5 PF he OF COURSE rolls a 5 :rolleyes: ). In terms of my example, this is the equivalent of reducing your population from that of a Hive down to that of a City! That's pretty extreme I'd say!

The good news is it need not be permanent! By taking action, The RT can not only regain the lost influence/PF but can actually open up new opportunities for profit!

The Point behind all this is that when the Imperium takes over an area, It is unlikely they will displace the RT unless they've done something to Earn the Ire of the lords of Terra. Even if they do, The RT's business interests will remain and are fairly difficult to displace in any permanent way. Certainly Misfortunes can and do occur! But a Canny Lord Captain (Often with the aid of his Senechal!) can deal with this and even find opportunity in it!   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS