• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Hi All,

I went to an Escalation tournament this weekend at a local gaming venue, The Sanctuary Gaming. It was only a small turn out but much fun was had by all.

I wrote a blog post about my list and the thoughts behind it but I also cover them briefly in the video.

G1 1 is up and the rest will be following over the next week or so.

Let me know what you would like to see done differently next time.

Cheers
Ben

Battle Of Ord Ibanna G1 Falcon vs Phantom

• Audio Weasel and torm3ntin like this

#2 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

I'l be posting the rest of the videos as I edit them.

#3 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'l be posting the rest of the videos as I edit them.

Good stuff, looking forward to seeing the rest of them!

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 7 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator, 2 IG-2000, 4 Starviper, 4 Scik Interceptor, 2 Most Wanted

#4 Droofus

Droofus

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Really cool to see those two ships (which are apparently on top of the current Meta) going head to head.   Thanks for posting!

Ships.   Rebel:  

Spoiler
Imperial:  
Spoiler

#5 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Next report is ready to go.  In this one I am facing Jonas and 2 Gamma Bombers backed up by Howlrunner

• Torresse, Audio Weasel and torm3ntin like this

#6 Torresse

Torresse

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

So are the other players with 2-0 scores looking like they have something?

This is one of the main reasons Xwing is awesome! http://community.fan...ake-long/page-4

#7 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Will this be included in your next podcast?

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

#8 Droofus

Droofus

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

Well played.  

I can't help but think that 6 measly points worth of bombs on those Tie Bombers would have changed the game.  I certainly saw one turn where bombs would have been just amazing.

Of course, you would have been playing differently if you knew they were toting bombs.  Still, I think by forcing you think about how close you wanted to get with the Z95s might have saved him some grief and extended the game.

• Audio Weasel likes this

Ships.   Rebel:  

Spoiler
Imperial:  
Spoiler

#9 Ben Curry

Ben Curry

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:38 AM

I think this game could be a lot of fun with hidden upgrades :)  As it was I didn't have to worry about bombs.  

Next game will be up next week sometime.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS