BC Muscle Grafts plus power fist.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Ruwalk

Ruwalk

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

Well this post is still alive i'm surprised but its definitely interesting to read.  

#22 Magellan

Magellan

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Fgdsfg, that's not entirely correct. It adds not to your SB, but to the *modifier*, which is 2, making the new modifier 3. That makes it SBx3, just as intended.

I am the latest model of a Fabricator-General
My body isn't nearly as much animal as mineral
My learnedness is legend; my accomplishments historical
For hereteks and aliens my hatred's categorical

#23 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Fgdsfg, that's not entirely correct. It adds not to your SB, but to the *modifier*, which is 2, making the new modifier 3. That makes it SBx3, just as intended.

I'm not convinced. It says "Unnatural Strength Modifier". This to me reads as if applying to Unnatural Strength with the number in parenthesis being the modifier, so Unnatural Strength (x2) becomes Unnatural Strength (x3); tripling the Strength Bonus.

And I don't think the Mezoa-Pattern Thunder Hammer was ever intended to add Unnatural Strength alone. Pre-Errata, it functioned like the Power Fist, counting it's Strength Bonus twice. Post-Errata, if the player has Unnatural Strength (starting at (x2), it increases the Unnatural Strength to (x3). It says nothing about this being specifically for the purpose of melee damage calculations.

See the issue now?

The best way to change the wording of these objects would be: "This weapon grants the Unnatural Strength (x2) Trait for the purpose of Melee Damage while using the weapon. If the user already has Unnatural Strength, it instead increases the Unnatural Strength Modifier by +1 for the purpose of Melee Damage while using the weapon".

Or something to that effect. Or at least that's my interpretation of RAI.

Gamergate Primer

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#24 Magellan

Magellan

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Oh, I completely misread your last post. My bad.

• Fgdsfg likes this

I am the latest model of a Fabricator-General
My body isn't nearly as much animal as mineral
My learnedness is legend; my accomplishments historical
For hereteks and aliens my hatred's categorical

#25 Cymbel

Cymbel

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

1. For Craftsmanship, in many groups I have been in, it's abbreviated to PQ/CQ/GQ/BQ, a bonus is that I don't know any other 40k RPG abbreviates for that to get confused with

2. By Raw it's a flat x2 on top of whatever you have, which avoids the "cap" on Unnatural Bonuses (the +1x versus SBx2 twice =/= SBx4 but rather SBx3).

3. It's not that huge a of change to do it like the Macrohammer and if your SB is getting pretty high it isn't that bad.

4. The flat modifier of BC onwards tends to work better and functions how it was meant to be. A way to give someone superhuman or unnatural a way to be better, without making their rolls beyond crazy (such as Unnatural Agility + Dodge VS High Agility + Dodge)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS