Photo

New questions about Ashcan Pete, flying monsters, and Chthonians...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 metalizm

metalizm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

Hello, everyone!  :) 

So, here are several new questions:
1) Does Ashcan Pete's special ability involve Exhibit items? It is not specified on his sheet (I know that Exhibit item deck was introduced in the Pharaoh expansion, while Pete is from the base game). But what's the official ruling for this issue?
2) Can flying monsters move twice during a Mythos phase with a gate burst (first time when burst is resolved and second time in a monster movement part of Mythos)?
3) If monsters are instructed to move along white or black pass due to some game effect, how green bordered monsters, e.g. hound or chthonian, would move?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  ;)

In everlasting search of decent fan made Arkham Horror expansions to print and play with friends of mine!  ;)

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi Metalizm,

and welcome to the Carnival!

As for your questions:

1. Ashcan's ability doesn't involve Exhibit Items. There's no official ruling on this, but the wording on the card is clear and sound, and I think if they had the intention of having his ability working with Exhibit items, considering how old is the expansion, this would have been covered in one of the many FAQs.

2. Nope, Flyers move only once. If their dimensional symbol appears in the movement box and the Mythos is a gate burst, they still move only once. The reason is that Flying monsters move not when the gate burst is resolved (step 1 of Mythos resolution) but during monster movement (step 3): hence, the sentence "whenever a gate burst is drawn, all flying
monsters move, regardless of their dimensional symbol" in the DH rules implies that Flyers have their dimensional symbol disregarded and move anyway. Please for Gate bursts consider looking at this thread and read the great analysis of ColtsFan

3. Depends on the effect. For instance, the Dark Druid states monsters move regardless of their normal movement pattern. If you don't mind bringing up an example for your question, I could give you a much more detailed answer

Hope this helps!

JULIA

• The Professor and metalizm like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  ;)

Hello there, Metalizm. Welcome to the Arkham Horror forums! Unfortunately, the avatar you have chosen is already used by one of this forum's more active members (the Professor), which makes your posts look an awful lot like his when I can't be bothered to read the poster's name. I'm afraid you'll have to change it.

What? He said "any feedback" would be welcome.

What?!
  • Julia likes this

#4 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

LOL since you're new to the forums I'll point out that it's OK if you keep that avatar. Fish people that we are here on the forums, we're not incapable of reading usernames.

Edited by Tibs, 19 July 2014 - 09:51 AM.

• Steve-O and Pseudonym like this

#5 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Steve-O,

Thanks for having my back...or my avatar's back...if avatar's even have a back...anyway, thanks!

metalizm,

Welcome to the Carnival?  I happened to see your posted questions at BGG, but as mccrispy managed to shut down furthre discussion :lol: I'm glad that you posted here, as well.  Julia's responses are spot-on and you take that to the bank...the Bank of Arkham, that is.

Cheers,

Joe

• Julia likes this

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#6 metalizm

metalizm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Thanx for answers!

I've been playing Arkham Horror for 2 or 3 years, but some questions still occur.

For example, here's the new one:

Are corruptions discarded, when an investigator is devoured? Or do they stay, like gate and monster trophies?

Thanks for your answers in advance!  ;)

• Julia likes this

In everlasting search of decent fan made Arkham Horror expansions to print and play with friends of mine!  ;)

#7 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,262 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Corruptions are indeed discarded upon devourings. It's not clearly stated in the rules, but rules define clearly the things you carry over to your next character in case the previous one's devoured. If they wanted some special rule to be applied for corruptions, it'd have been included in the rules (as they did with Relationship cards, for instance)

• The Professor and metalizm like this
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS