Yu'Vath

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 AlphariusOmegon7

AlphariusOmegon7

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

I'm toying with the idea for my campaign that the Psycharus worm isn't a Yu'Vath device, but actually is a Yu'Vath, or some partial remnant of one is stored within. Maybe they have no physical bodies at all.

I like the idea of them being puppet masters, but I think they work better as a mysterious, creepy force if either:

a) you never see them at all

b) when you do finally meet them they are something other than just another statted monster to fight.

I'd like to keep the mystery, and once you are fighting the thing and knocking off hit points, the mystery is gone.

Not always.  Once had slenderman attack/infiltrate my deathwatch group and with the aid of skype, creepy sound effects and more maps than I'd ever used before I managed to keep them freaked for about an hour and a half.  

Course, he went down like a chump once they started using sanctified weapons because Rank 5/6 Deathwatch characters can curbstomp a primarch.  But for a while there was a lot of suspense, even while they were whacking at him.  

Personally, to keep this on topic, I've always thought of the Halo Devices as being made by the Old Ones as an attempt to get around extinction, and the Yu'Vath and Slaughth as more of their client races (ala the Eldar and Orks - mostly because Slaughth sounds like Slann and Slinnar a bit, and we know the OOs had something to do with those guys).  

• Wincent likes this

#22 Wincent

Wincent

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

(...)

Personally, to keep this on topic, I've always thought of the Halo Devices as being made by the Old Ones as an attempt to get around extinction, and the Yu'Vath and Slaughth as more of their client races (ala the Eldar and Orks - mostly because Slaughth sounds like Slann and Slinnar a bit, and we know the OOs had something to do with those guys).  

I totally steal this!

#23 Crow Eye

Crow Eye

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

I like the idea that each individual eventually became something completely different from what it began as, as those dabbling in the warp are wont to do. I picture all manner of Lovecraftian horrors...with crystals! Seriously, the crystals seem to be the only commonality in all their constructs, and seem to act as a warp conductor of some sort as far as it reads to me (or looks from the artwork), so I would imagine the living beings themselves had crystals merged with their flesh as well to aid in their sorceries.

As to the Halo Devices, the Psycharus Worm is supposed to be one of theirs, but given how Halo Devices work in DH, I would say that they are of a different origin. Perhaps the Psycharus Worm was their own attempt at mimicking the unfathomable technology of some dead race more ancient than them, or perhaps was only similar enough in size and capability to just get lumped in with the others by Imperial Xenographers. As to who that dead race might be, I assume one of the many who perished during the War in Heaven, maybe creating the Halo Devices as a way of recreating their race in some way, similar to Steven King's Tommyknockers.

#24 Azbotti

Azbotti

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

imma trying to start up a new lore lne that im fixing where horus never fell to chaos and that instead it was the Ultramar primarch this line though currently has its problems so im not going to post it but my thought was that with this lore line the the Craftworld Eldar have joined the Imperiam of man and im trying to work toa in to however what if the Yu'vath did what the necrons had done only into the warp they sunk themselve into a sleep of sorts in great citys within the warp and are starting to awaken because of this i was trying to look for a base of the Yu'Vath and would appreciate some feedback on it

#25 Egyptoid

Egyptoid

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

one man's idea on yuvath:

https://5ce78968-a-6...&attredirects=0

from here:

https://sites.google...stems/xeno-file

#26 Redbeard

Redbeard

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

imma trying to start up a new lore lne that im fixing where horus never fell to chaos and that instead it was the Ultramar primarch this line though currently has its problems so im not going to post it but my thought was that with this lore line the the Craftworld Eldar have joined the Imperiam of man and im trying to work toa in to however what if the Yu'vath did what the necrons had done only into the warp they sunk themselve into a sleep of sorts in great citys within the warp and are starting to awaken because of this i was trying to look for a base of the Yu'Vath and would appreciate some feedback on it

Please use puntuation and capital letters once in a while. What you did there is nigh unreadable. o.O

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS