Rogue Trader Tau Guide in Deathwatch

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

... well, at least he decided to make the horde his primary target. Instead of, y'know, you.

What inquisitor thought it would be a good idea to stick a Tau with a red scorpion? That's just asking for trouble.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#22 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

The Inquisitor probably just thought that the Tau was an okay idea; I'd presume the Watch Captain, or even Commander, sent the Red Scorpion, as an insurance policy. "All right, this is a very unorthodox mission, so I'll assemble the names of my members with a more diplomatic personality, those able to deal with such an aide, but then I'll ALSO send one member who I KNOW I can count on to put this down WHEN it proves necessary." Another nice example, at least to me, of how the Inquisition is just allowed to play at the Space Marines' table, nowadays, rather than having any real say. He got his bit, as Inquisitors do, but it was on the Watch Commander's terms, as it always is. Granted, I wasn't there, so I'm only assuming, but I'll hope I came close. ;)

Edited by venkelos, 27 July 2014 - 01:45 PM.

#23 Ramellan

Ramellan

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

That's actually not that far off. I mean, everyone made their characters of course, but the inquisitor wanting a team and the commander picking the roster is how the GM played it. I don't think he said specifically that Raphael was there to put me down (at least, he didn't say it when I was around) but that's a pretty good idea. I'm not the only problem the Devastator has with the squad though. Take our Black Shield Apothecary. (I'm supposed to trust Him with my Chapter's gene seed?!) and the Storm Warden, who just smirks too much, apparently.

Huh, not sure what to do with this thread now. The only thing left that I'm concerned with is doing my best not to act like a special snowflake. I mean, y'know, I kind of am I guess, but I don't want to be a spotlight hog. Gotta let the other characters develop, right?

#24 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

The other PCs are members of an organization dedicated to exterminating your entire species. What are you, a traitor to your species?

#25 venkelos

venkelos

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

I seem to remember that the Tau is an "ally" of an Inquisitor, and the Inquisitor, who may or may not be allied with the Tau race, and this Tau, who may or may not be allied with the Tau race, are benefiting from the Inquisitor's "I'm an Inquisitor!" power to have him be on a Kill Team, serving his and/or the Inquisitor's wishes.

#26 Calgor Grim

Calgor Grim

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

I seem to remember that the Tau is an "ally" of an Inquisitor, and the Inquisitor, who may or may not be allied with the Tau race, and this Tau, who may or may not be allied with the Tau race, are benefiting from the Inquisitor's "I'm an Inquisitor!" power to have him be on a Kill Team, serving his and/or the Inquisitor's wishes.

Sorry did I just wander into a Matt Ward fluff discussion?

Loyal Missionary Father Grim of the Kingston 293rd Storm Troopers

#27 Ramellan

Ramellan

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Sorry did I just wander into a Matt Ward fluff discussion?

Do not mention the Spiritual Liege in this forum! Sigh, why so much confusion? When I read the deathwatch books, it mentions more than once that the Imperium is in about a third as many discussions with the Tau as it is battles. Achilus Assault, the Outer Reach, Mark of the Xenos. They all have a few lines about the subject. And I really think it's nice to have that variety, at least with One race. I mean, yeah you can play all sorts of races in Rogue Trader, which is very cool, but I mean on a galactic level. Nice to have a race that isn't just an endless swarm/Waaagh/march of doom to play with/against. I liked the Eldar for that too, except where they keep coming off as such D%#^$. But then every species has more than a fe D%#^$ in it, I guess. "Creeeeeed!"

For the record, my character is a sort of warrior ambassador (not that that really makes sense) to the deathwatch. Half the imperial crusade commanders are agreeing to not shoot the tau until the Nids are on the retreat, and the other half are either not being told (keeping Ebongrave in the dark is gonna be a whole adventure in and of itself, since the commanders want him alive for when the canis campaign starts back up) or are too hard-pressed to do much about it. My campaigns getting ready to push the Orks back from the Gate, but before you call me anything, you should know that the Ethereals are definitely up to something on the Tau end of it. And they're not telling me, their 'ambassador' what it is. The Greater Good.....

(This is sounding more and more like a general chat now. Should I post it there?)

Edited by Ramellan, 10 August 2014 - 07:19 AM.

• Calgor Grim likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS