My first deck by Fisher Price!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SmurfsOMalley

SmurfsOMalley

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I started playing Netrunner about a month ago, and Ive been Netdecking just to get my feet wet and learn how the game works.  This is my first noobish attempt at trying to make an "Original" deck. The goal is to throw a bunch of Advancement tokens around. Having said that, It most likely needs some tweeking.  What can I do to make it better?

Tennin Institute: The Secrets Within (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (12)
1x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
1x Executive Retreat (Trace Amount)
1x Corporate War (Future Proof)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
3x Profiteering (Second Thoughts)
3x Veterans Program (True Colors)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
1x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
2x Project Junebug (Core Set)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)  ••
2x Plan B (Honor and Profit)

Upgrade (2)
2x NeoTokyo Grid (Honor and Profit)

Operation (15)
3x Shipment from Kaguya (Core Set)  •••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts)  •••
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (7)
2x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)  •••
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (3)
3x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (2)
2x Matrix Analyzer (Core Set)  ••••

ICE (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Under a bridge, harassing goats. That's how I Troll.

#2 Dunhere

Dunhere

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

If you're giving away bad pub, you'll want more explicit end the run ice and some ways to destroy breakers, or the runner will be able to ruin your identity ability.  Alternately, if you remove the Profiteerings, the Veterans Programs will also be unneeded, and you can use something like Fetal AI or NAPD Contract instead.

#3 Kahadras

Kahadras

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

That's a lot of agendas and not a lot of ICE IMHO. Also there's not much cash generation either. I'd advise looking at cards like Pad Campaign, Sundew and Mental Health Clinic.

#4 Cynchwyrm

Cynchwyrm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

With Tennin Institute, you want to think about your gameplan for using your identity. How do you discourage runs? To do this, you have to flip roles and consider yourself as the Runner. What things make you pause and spend a turn not running?

a) Painful ICE - either hazardous or costly

b) Recovery rounds - being broke, needing to draw, or replace lost tools

To create these situations, things like taxing ICE, program destruction, tag punishment, and various traps can be used. You have some of these, consider what you might do to ramp up the pressure. Cerebral Overwriter is an amazing trap, and works great with Mushin-No-Shin. Landing a single one with 3 or 4 counters will completely change the tempo of the game. Komainu is really painful when it lands, taxing while on the board, and Inazuma can turn it back on. Power Shutdown is a nasty way to kill programs if the Runner is not prepared.

If you go the taxing route, consider dropping the Bad Pubs since they will work against you. This is an interesting list, experiment and have fun!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS