KNOW YOUR PILOTS

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 TheAngryTemplar

TheAngryTemplar

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Haven't seen anyone mention Baron Soontir Fel (Battle of Endor)

FelinROTJ.jpg

• oddeye likes this

#42 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

I hate to go all nerd and stuff but the picture for Ten Numb is wrong, that's Nien Numb. Ten Numb has a white flight suit.

Otherwise this is great! good job putting this together.

Actually it is Ten. The white suit was a preproduction image that didn't make it to the final film. In the comics he wears white though.

Also Nien Nunb wears a red shirt and black vest, while Ten Numb is wearing red B-Wing flight gear.

http://starwars.wiki...m/wiki/Ten_Numb
  • AllDeadDave and admiralcrunch like this
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#43 General Mayhem

General Mayhem

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Go through all the old Decipher CCG cards. I've found quite a few pilots including Ten, both Zeds and Jendon to name a few.

Yes they do. In fact if they dont have a picture of the pilot, they might even have one of the ship they flew.

Edited by General Mayhem, 17 July 2014 - 11:03 AM.

Current fleet
Rebels: 7 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 2 YT-1300, 4 B-wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 GR-75, 2 Z-95, 2 E-Wing, 1 YT-2400
Imperial: 10 Ties, 2 Tie ad, 10 Tie In, 2 Firespray, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda, 2 Phantom, 2 Defender, 1 Decimator

#44 R22

R22

• Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Go through all the old Decipher CCG cards. I've found quite a few pilots including Ten, both Zeds and Jendon to name a few.

Yes they do. In fact if they dont have a picture of the pilot, they might even have one of the ship they flew.

This is totally true. Loved the game but it was also a fantastic way to keep 'profile' cards of tons of characters.

Rebels: 5 X-wing, 2 Y-wing, 3 Z-95, 5 A-wing, 4 B-wing, 2 E-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

Imps: 5 TIE/Ln, 5 TIE/In, 3 TIE/B, 2 TIE/D,1 TIE/Adv, 1 TIE/P, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31

*1 Imperial Aces, 2 Rebel Aces included within total*

Want: YT-2400, VT-49

#45 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

It is quite obvious that FFG is a big fan of the old SWCCG. Especially the LCG designers (I think one of them was a player).

• oddeye likes this

#46 AlphaTwo

AlphaTwo

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

I think the wiki there is wrong. A lot of sources say it's Nien not Ten. There is even a back story to it about how Lando needed a co-pilot and Nien was picked for the job. Although that seems odd to me, why would they pull a B-Wing pilot out of the assault to co-pilot the Falcon ?  B-Wing pilots were pretty dang rare.

#47 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

This is totally true. Loved the game but it was also a fantastic way to keep 'profile' cards of tons of characters.

I have a gigantic collection of swccg from decipher.. I also have this little gem... and mirax to boot. and all the star destroyers.. and all the mon cal ships.. and the entire rogue squadron.. and black squadron.. and .. blah .. blah ect..

mI2Nj0N_3YfCvbPwT8uBD4A.jpg

in case anyone is wondering: you can actually still get sealed booster boxes for pretty cheap online. only two expansions are somewhat expensive, DSII and ENDOR i think.

Edited by oddeye, 17 July 2014 - 01:47 PM.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#48 Chris Maes

Chris Maes

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Great thread!

What I'd also like to see is side-by-sides of Rebel pilots(call-signs?) and their droids.  Everyone knows Luke Skywalker (Red-5) & R2-D2 but what was the name of Wedge's droid... or Porkins'... or Dutch Vander's (Gold Leader)... etc...?

#49 Conandoodle

Conandoodle

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

Great thread!

What I'd also like to see is side-by-sides of Rebel pilots(call-signs?) and their droids.  Everyone knows Luke Skywalker (Red-5) & R2-D2 but what was the name of Wedge's droid... or Porkins'... or Dutch Vander's (Gold Leader)... etc...?

http://www.jbot.ca/s...s/ds1/DandH.htm

• Explosive Ewok and horsepire like this

I'm a noob ..please be gentle.

#50 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

CAPTAIN KAGI: This is the first pilot that has been confirmed to come from the prequels. Something of major interest besides that, however, is that according to Wookieepedia, Captain Kagi is also a clone.

Palpatine: Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle for immediate take-off.

Amedda: Yes, master.

Palpatine: I sense Lord Vader is in danger...

1z5uadc.jpg

CAPTAIN OICUNN: Kagi, however, isn't the only pilot taken from the prequels. The upcoming Captain Oicunn, who will be one of three named pilots on the VT-49 Decimator, also makes an appearance in the film.

6svrsl.jpg

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

CAPTAIN JONUS: Lots of Captains! This guy is seen running along with Major Rhymer and some other pilots from Scimitar Squadron after the Executor decided to take a header into the Death Star.

o5c4lh.jpg

FEL'S WRATH: Everyone's number one favorite Interceptor pilot made his on-screen debut during Vader's arrival at the second Death Star.

154u3dg.jpg

MAJOR RHYMER: The other half of Captain Jonus and the Scimitars as they perform their smash hit "GTFO Before the Death Star Kills Us All".

slr8ee.jpg

REAR-ADMIRAL CHIRANEAU: Number two of three pilots taking the helm of the upcoming Decimator is this guy, also present for Vader's arrival at the Death Star.

2cfeezt.jpg

TURR PHENNIR: Following those pesky Rebels into the Death Star, Phennir ended up following the wrong group and making his way out of the battle station before it when boom.

b7crk9.jpg

Dark Horse Comics: Crimson Empire

CARNOR JAX: A part of Palpatine's Royal Guards, once the Death Star was destroyed, Jax was found to have force potential. After years of gaining political report, Jax made a move for the Imperial throne, but not before eliminating the Royal Guards.

2dlt16a.jpg

KIR KANOS: The lone survivor of Jax's Royal Guard purge. He was undeniably loyal to Palpatine's ideals, swearing an oath to bring all those who opposed Palpatine and those who were responsible for his demise to pay for their crimes.

2ijkcw1.jpg

• Danthrax and AdmiralThrawn like this
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#51 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

X-Wing: Rogue Squadron

CORRAN HORN: A Force-sensitive Rogue Squadron Ace from Corellia, and eventual Jedi Master, Horn flew as Rogue 9 alongside Luke, Wedge, Tycho and Hobbie, among others.

vfbxs.jpg

Shadows of the Empire

DASH RENDAR: Pilot, smuggler and mercenary. Rendar became famous in Shadows of the Empire. One of three named pilots for the upcoming YT-2400, the Special Edition of ANH shows the Outrider flying above Mos Eisley.

2w7r0qo.jpg

LE-BO2D9: A.K.A. Leebo, this repair droid was owned by Dash Rendar during Shadows of the Empire. He will be the second of three named pilots for the upcoming YT-2400.

17sl51.jpg

The Black Fleet Crisis: Before the Storm

ETAHN E'BAHT: This wicked critical-dealing dude made his first appearance in a book series called The Black Fleet Crisis. Only one picture of this guy exists, apparently, and I couldn't make it look decent in any of my attempts, so I decided to show one of the cruisers that he is commanding during the Battle of Endor. The other can be seen when the Rebels prepare to make the jump to lightspeed to the Death Star. It can be seen in the background as Lando flies the Falcon to the front of the fleet.

2n279c.jpg

Dark Horse Comics: X-Wing Rogue Squadron

IBTISAM: A Mon Calamari pilot, Ibtisam participated in the Battle of Endor in a B-Wing, but was shot down and spent the next 12-hours floating in space. And YOU thought that battle looked awesome from a movie theater!

vzvr02.jpg

SOONTIR FEL: You may have heard of this guy. Maybe not. He was apparently the number one hot-shot of the Imperial Navy. 

29gk76b.jpg

Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game

KATH SCARLET: Captain of a band of pirates in Corellian space, Scarlet was known for ambushing anyone coming out of hyperspace and capturing their cargo.

10miz40.jpg

Star Wars: TIE Fighter PC Game

MAAREK STELE: One of the best pilots the Empire has to offer, it pains me on a deep level that this pilot is virtually unusable. I don't normally make pleas to FFG, but for the love of Sith, FIX THIS PILOT!!!

vy0h10.jpg

Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game

ROARK GARNET: This guy owned the Moldy Crow before Kyle and Jan got their hands on it.

bjaefd.jpg

Edited by Explosive Ewok, 12 August 2014 - 02:49 PM.

• Danthrax and sigidi like this

#52 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Here's a few bonus shots of our Z-95 pilots taking the gunner ports of the Falcon during the Battle of Endor.

iyj6l5.jpg

103zudf.jpg

Edited by Explosive Ewok, 22 July 2014 - 04:11 PM.

• AlphaTwo, swimmingordy, sigidi and 1 other like this

#53 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

Sadly at this point there aren't any more pilots that have made appearances in anything.

I'm still dying to see who the other Decimator pilot is.

#54 ElJeffe313

ElJeffe313

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I have a gigantic collection of swccg from decipher.. I also have this little gem... and mirax to boot. and all the star destroyers.. and all the mon cal ships.. and the entire rogue squadron.. and black squadron.. and .. blah .. blah ect..

in case anyone is wondering: you can actually still get sealed booster boxes for pretty cheap online. only two expansions are somewhat expensive, DSII and ENDOR i think.

It took me 16 years from the day I bought my first starter deck to the day I received my last card to complete the SWCCG collection. I didn't bother with the foils, as they were just fancy reprints of the originals to entice you into buying more cards. My total collection is just short of 18k cards.

As you can imagine, the lore text on these things is extensive and came in handy at a Star Wars beer and trivia event I attended this past May 4th. I loved this game, and am disappointed it didn't stick around. Damn licensing issues. :(

• oddeye and ErrantKknight like this

#55 AlphaTwo

AlphaTwo

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

EE your doing an awesome job with this thread! Especially some of the pictures you've found. Like those two gunners there, I've only seen the first never saw the second picture before.

Heres hopeing if FFG makes the TIE Avenger they'll make a new and improved Maareck Stele for it. He was one of the first pilots to fly it.

• Explosive Ewok likes this

#56 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

It took me 16 years from the day I bought my first starter deck to the day I received my last card to complete the SWCCG collection. I didn't bother with the foils, as they were just fancy reprints of the originals to entice you into buying more cards. My total collection is just short of 18k cards.

As you can imagine, the lore text on these things is extensive and came in handy at a Star Wars beer and trivia event I attended this past May 4th. I loved this game, and am disappointed it didn't stick around. Damn licensing issues. :(

well at least I'm not the only one who has a gigantic collection of these cards still.. I plan on playing with my son. I've also come up with an alternate rule set.. it's kind of like magic the gather commander except star wars.. you start with three locations / a capital ship and one character..

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#57 Rhinoviru3

Rhinoviru3

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

More awesome work there, Ewok.

I'd never seen Kath Scarlet before! The more you know...

• Explosive Ewok likes this

Rebels: 4X, 2Y, 2B, 2A, 2Hwk, 2YT, 1GR-75, 2E, 4Z, 1x YT-2400,
(See my Rebels paint thread here!)

Empire: 5x TIE/ln, 3x TIE/sa, 4x TIE/Int, 1x TIE/A, 1x F-31, 1x Lambda, 3x TIE/Pha, 1x TIE/D
(And my Imperial paint thread here!)

#58 Ghost Vader

Ghost Vader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, "Pops" called Dutch Hutch instead. I never knew until years later that it was wrong. Anyway, a few others: Ten Numb is seen in the Endor briefing before the shuttle Tydirium is launched, Lt. Blount is the second gunner of the Millenium Falcon during Endor, Horton Salm is Grey Leader during Endor, Arvel Crynyd is Green Leader during Endor, and Jake Farrell is the old A-Wing pilot who lead away TIE's when Red and Gold Squadrons when Lando asks them to break off.

Actually come to think of it, do we even see any of Tycho in the movies at all?

Also, isn't "Winged Gundark" part of Obsidian Squadron as well?

According to the Rogue Squadron Books it was Tycho who flew into the second death star with wedge and peeled off to lead the pursing interceptors off his back

#59 Ghost Vader

Ghost Vader

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:37 AM

Interesting note about Soonitor Fel, ended up marrying Wedge's sister and disappearing with her forcing Wedge to potential kill his brother in law whenever he engaged the 181st squadron, and he was also somewhat of a traitor, fought for the imperials and the rebels

#60 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Wait wait wait, Leebo? "Second pilot for the YT-2400?" Did I miss an article or something?!

Rebels: 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 2 E-wing, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 Z-95s, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 YT-2400, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 6 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 TIE Defender, 2 TIE Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Lambda, 1 VT-49

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS