• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 born to lose

born to lose

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

Eplosive Ewok,  

Can you please edit your first post to consolidate these latest entries??

This thread will go on for pages and will make finding your additions easier by putting it all up front.

Thanks!!

#22 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

I would but sadly the forums here only allow you to post 10 photos per post.

Unless someone knows a trick around it?

Also: oops - I missed one. I thought I posted everyone...

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#23 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

LIEUTENANT BLOUNT: This guy actually ended up using the OTHER gunner platform along with Cracken. Both Z pilots in the Falcon during the Battle of Endor. Funny, innit?

2e6ej2x.jpg

Edited by Explosive Ewok, 16 July 2014 - 11:34 PM.

• bsmith13, oddeye, J43G3RM31ST3R and 2 others like this
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#24 Otacon

Otacon

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

KYLE KATARN: They need to make another Jedi Knight game. Jedi Academy was forever ago.

So much this, and a modern entry in the X-wing/TIE Fighter series wouldn't hurt either, if you're listening EA... of course where the hell would I find a flight stick these days...

And technically, weren't most of the non-called by name on screen characters retconned? I doubt 'random extra in X-wing pilot flight suit' was credited as Tarn Mison, just as an obvious example. Or any of the named TIE pilots. Or 'random A-wing pilot who draws off interceptors' or 'other random A-wing pilot who rams the Executor's bridge'.

#25 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

It's true. However some, like Tarn Mison actually were named on set and were later used in the EU.

Funny thing about that scene, everyone in it was played by someone who helped make the movie happen. Ralph McQuarrie makes an appearance on the right side, and I know there's others. The guy who played Tarn had a hand in production, too.

Edited by Explosive Ewok, 17 July 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#26 R22

R22

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

JAKE FARREL: The first time this guy stood out to me was when they used him in the PC game Rebel Assault, where he trains you to use an A-Wing. Fitting, as that's the ship he flies here.

Lando: Split up and head back to the surface. And see if you can get a few of those TIE Fighters to follow you.
Jake: Copy, Gold leader.

2po78r9.jpg

Isn't this Tycho, not Jake? In several of the X-wing books Wedge refers to Tycho and his bravery by saying he "led TIE fighters on a merry chase through the Death Star." This guy seems a rather perfect fit for Tycho... So why is it Jake?

Rebels: 5 X-wing, 2 Y-wing, 3 Z-95, 5 A-wing, 4 B-wing, 2 E-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

Imps: 5 TIE/Ln, 5 TIE/In, 3 TIE/B, 2 TIE/D,1 TIE/Adv, 1 TIE/P, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31

*1 Imperial Aces, 2 Rebel Aces included within total*

Want: YT-2400, VT-49

#27 Levi Porphyrogenitus

Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Isn't this Tycho, not Jake? In several of the X-wing books Wedge refers to Tycho and his bravery by saying he "led TIE fighters on a merry chase through the Death Star." This guy seems a rather perfect fit for Tycho... So why is it Jake?

According to Wookieepedia, there were two A-wings that split off, and Tycho was in A-wing number 2. I don't know if we ever really see a visual of the pilot for the second one.

Also according to Wookieepedia, Tycho is supposed to be visible in the briefing room scene (gogo author retcons).

Edit: There may be some A-wing pilots in green flight suits on the left side of the briefing room, standing along the upper level railing. If you can identify a blonde/light brown haired pilot, that may be Tycho.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus, 17 July 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#28 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

According to Wookieepedia, there were two A-wings that split off, and Tycho was in A-wing number 2. I don't know if we ever really see a visual of the pilot for the second one.

Also according to Wookieepedia, Tycho is supposed to be visible in the briefing room scene (gogo author retcons).

Edit: There may be some A-wing pilots in green flight suits on the left side of the briefing room, standing along the upper level railing. If you can identify a blonde/light brown haired pilot, that may be Tycho.

Go back one page, I had him there

#29 Magnus Grendel

Magnus Grendel

The Empire Needs You!

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

The Emperor instructs "Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle for immediate takeoff" before leaving for Mustafar.

Assuming he remains the pilot, that means Kagi is the pilot when the Emperor's shuttle lands on the death star.

#30 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

Loving this. Keep it up.
  • Explosive Ewok likes this
I didn't mean for it to get this bad.

#31 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

The Emperor instructs "Tell Captain Kagi to prepare my shuttle for immediate takeoff" before leaving for Mustafar.

Assuming he remains the pilot, that means Kagi is the pilot when the Emperor's shuttle lands on the death star.

Yeah, there's some inconsistency as to whether or not Kagi is a clone.

Some trivia book somewhere 'confirmed' he was a clone, yet there's a ROTS visual dictionary (I think that's what it's from) that shows a guy labelled Captain Kagi, and it wasn't a clone.

As much as I'd like to believe he isn't a clone, the fact that he's in Episode 3 and in the service of the Republic makes me think he might be. 

#32 X Wing Nut

X Wing Nut

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

LIEUTENANT BLOUNT: This guy actually ended up using the OTHER gunner platform along with Cracken. Both Z pilots in the Falcon during the Battle of Endor. Funny, innit?

2e6ej2x.jpg

Crew cards anyone?
  • Explosive Ewok likes this

Disclaimer: All comments made are opinion only and should not be seen as financial advice. All list ideas are based on optimisim. All strategies are based on luck. I will never question others belief in MATH, but I believe in a higher power DICE. Despite all my bad wife jokes I love her dearly, but I will never tell her how much money I spend  X wing so she will keep loving me. 

always flying casual

#33 Rocket Launcher

Rocket Launcher

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:21 AM

Fantastic thread! Keep it up please?

#34 Hanu

Hanu

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

Is it just me, or does Katarn look a lot like Riker from TNG?

It has been a hidden fact that Commander Riker was onboard of the first destroyed Mon Calamari Cruiser in battle of Endor.

"Fire at Will, commander" were Emperor's exact words when he decided to terminate his career.

• LemonheadPrime, eagle1361, Red G and 4 others like this

Forces of Disarray: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-wing, 2 E-Wing, 4 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75, 1 CR90

Forces of Order: 8 TIE/LN, 2 TIE advanced x1, 8 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/sa Bomber, 2 TIE/D, 2 TIE Phantom, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31

#35 AlphaTwo

AlphaTwo

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

I hate to go all nerd and stuff but the picture for Ten Numb is wrong, that's Nien Numb. Ten Numb has a white flight suit.

Otherwise this is great! good job putting this together.

#36 Dieter122

Dieter122

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

This needs to be a sticky or resource thread!!!!

#37 Osoroshii

Osoroshii

龍神

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

This is a fun thread. Many of them I already knew, but some surprises here.

#38 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:47 AM

The millenium falcon is one busy lady. Who haven't been inside of her yet ?

I am loving the thread, please continue.

Edited by DreadStar, 17 July 2014 - 06:48 AM.

• Corellian Corvette and horsepire like this

#39 bens

bens

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Loved this thread! Nice to finally put some faces to the beloved heroes in the game. Thanks!

#40 Conandoodle

Conandoodle

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

This resource might help .. Especially if you you want to post pics for the droid's cards.

http://www.jbot.ca/s...s/ds1/DandH.htm
  • RogueLieutenant likes this

I'm a noob ..please be gentle.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS