Far Horizons Species Revealed

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#81 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Weequay can communicate with each other by pheromones.

• Ranger1060 likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze  and D&D 5E  Swords for Adventure

#82 Rookhelm

Rookhelm

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

And I believe that the original human population of Coruscant was a colony that eventually drove the native inhabitants off-world though where the colonists came from has never been established IMO.

Earth lol

• Josep Maria likes this

#83 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:48 PM

With the limit that they can only communicate with others from their own clan. I find the ability to be downright useless unless two players both decide to make Weequay characters.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#84 BrashFink

BrashFink

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Seriously? The Elephant-Faced Sloths? I can think of Dozens I would have rather seen. Like other folks, I was hoping for Bith.

#85 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 997 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

(Prince Xizor was in TCW cartoons, thus they are an official, canon, species)

Was Xizor in The Clone Wars? I've seen 'em all, and I don't seem to remember that...

#86 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

I dont think that was Xizor:

Next, we got the clip that was pure “Holy crap” fan bait, beginning with the reveal that we will be going to Mustafar in Season 5 and on that infamous lava planet, we’d meet the Falleen and Black Sun, the crime group first introduced in Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. Filoni cautioned we wouldn’t meet that story’s villain, Xizor, but we did see art of Falleen wearing the distinctive hairstyle and type of clothing Xizor is known for.

An interview from IGN says otherwise. . . .

#87 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

With the limit that they can only communicate with others from their own clan. I find the ability to be downright useless unless two players both decide to make Weequay characters.

It says that in the write up for the species, but in the actual mechanic it doesn't mention it as a limiting factor.  I've been allowing PCs to communicate freely with NPCs without the clan designator.  Has there been an errata on it, or FAQ clarification somewhere?

Be well,

Sham

#88 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

(Prince Xizor was in TCW cartoons, thus they are an official, canon, species)

Was Xizor in The Clone Wars? I've seen 'em all, and I don't seem to remember that...

I seem to recall him in there... an episode with The Black Sun in it.. May not have been him though. Boba/Bossk/Sing, a train - something like the old west movies, with the train robbery,  where the bounty hunters were trying to get something off the train.

In either case, a Falleen was in the series, thus official canon.  About 2/3rds the way down THIS link is a picture of him.  No clue how to post pictures in this board. 

Be well,

Sham

#89 swiftdraw

swiftdraw

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:23 AM

In either case, a Falleen was in the series, thus official canon.  About 2/3rds the way down THIS link is a picture of him.  No clue how to post pictures in this board. 

[img ] [/img ] or click the bottom row tool bar button that looks like a picture and paste the URL in the text box.

Also, Falleen:

Spoiler

Edited by swiftdraw, 23 July 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#90 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

With the falleen, pykes, i'd really like to see a suns of fortune book about the non hutt cartels.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of EU.

#91 Zar

Zar

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

Why do I feel like these races were picked because someone wanted to add their mark on the RPG universe and not because they were wanted by players? 

Either that or they are running out of races that haven't been slated for FaD.

• Jamwes and Maelora like this

#92 GoblynByte

GoblynByte

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

Arcona: my third favorite species in the Star Wars universe (next to Twi'lek and Sullustans)! Awesome!

#93 KRKappel

KRKappel

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

So Kaosoe, Maelora, how do you guys feel about the Sakiyan in the Hutts book? The young Sakiyan lady sure seems to be bringing a lot of aesthetics to the book.

• Maelora likes this

Official Contributor: Edge of the Empire: Suns of Fortune, Far Horizons, Age of Rebellion: GM's Kit, Stay on Target, and Force & Destiny: Core Rulebook

Follow me @KRKappel, facebook, and my author site. Co-founder Fandom Comics

#94 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:32 AM

So Kaosoe, Maelora, how do you guys feel about the Sakiyan in the Hutts book? The young Sakiyan lady sure seems to be bringing a lot of aesthetics to the book.

That's a very flattering picture. My Knowledge (EU) skill is not as good as many here on this board, so up until yesterday, I had not heard of the Sakiyan or Gank*. I am looking forward to getting this book and learning about them.

Not to drudge up the old debate, but I largely don't have a problem with unusual species. It's just that my personal wishlist has a bit of theme.

Most of the species I was interested in were in Force and Destiny, so bring on the unusual aliens.

*Gank sounds like something from Mass Effect.

Edited by kaosoe, 16 September 2014 - 06:33 AM.

• I. J. Thompson likes this

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#95 evileeyore

evileeyore

• Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

The young Sakiyan lady sure seems to be bringing a lot of aesthetics to the book.

"Aesthetics"?

Is that what lonely young geek males are calling it these days?

#96 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

Is that what lonely young geek males are calling it these days?

Not lonely, not male, and definitely not young :)

Geek? Yeah, but then I was geeky long before it was trendy to be so...

Edited by Maelora, 16 September 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#97 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

I only know them from the domed head, black-skinned guy to be honest. The one in the preview looks cute, but she doesn't seem to be the norm for her race, from other pictures.  At least it's a vague step forward.

Keith, my argument wasn't that we shouldn't have wacky species; it was that things seemed to be unbalanced towards 'background' aliens instead of the ones we see with speaking parts in the various SW media.

But then I guessed (correctly) they were saving Togruta, Mirialans, Zabrak etc for F&D.

I'm a tad surprised to see playable Hutts. They seem an odd choice for Fringe adventurers, both thematically and in practise (can't see how they can climb, run, or pretty much do any adventuring activity, to be honest).

Edited by Maelora, 16 September 2014 - 07:43 AM.

#98 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

(can't see how they can climb, run, or pretty much do any adventuring activity, to be honest).

The same can be said for many droids too.

• evileeyore likes this

#99 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 920 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

Heh, probably one of the worst species-specific skills ever.

Seriously? The Elephant-Faced Sloths? I can think of Dozens I would have rather seen. Like other folks, I was hoping for Bith.

They'd probably sort of fit in as Bounty Hunters or something maybe, but not colonists

All's said and done, the book delivered quite a lot of useful material otherwise I thought.

#100 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

The pheromone communication of the Weequay is actually pretty awesome if you happen to have multiple Weequay PCs and/or allied Weequay NPCs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS