Castellan Shield

Fail-safes: Once per Strategic Round, during one opponent’s
Strategic Turn, the ship’s Enginseer Prime may make a
Difficult (–10) Tech-Use Test. This does not count as the
Enginseer’s Extended Action. If he succeeds, the ship doubles
its number of Void Shields for the duration of a single
opponent’s Strategic Turn.

So I can use this every round?
And if Yes, why do they place such an emphasis on that it can only be done "Once" and only during a "single" opponent's Strategic Turn?

#2 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

Because it can only be accomplished "Once per Strategic Round, during one opponent's Strategic Turn."  So, if you have 4 enemy ships shooting at you, you can only do this once for one enemy ship's turn (because they each have separate turns just like the PC's would if they were on separate ships).  Unless they are in the Squadron Formation, in which they count as one ship and one opponent for that turn.

If you are only fighting one enemy ship, then yep, it's every round you get to do it and each time wound be against that one opponent's Strategic turn.

• Erathia likes this

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#3 Knightmare

Knightmare

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot :)

#4 Nameless2all

Nameless2all

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

Np.  I think you were just reading to much into it.

For a collection of fan created material, please refer to the link below. Some of it was edited/created by myself and friends, while most is other fan material. Happy gaming people.https://drive.google.com<p>-"May your endeavors always be prosperous, though they may not always be profitable."

#5 Knightmare

Knightmare

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

Yes, played too much D&D and Pathfinder ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS