biggs
F2f2
Stealth device

blue squadron

roak garnett
ion cannon turret

airen cracken
squad leader

So idea here is to use biggs action to boost agility with r2f2. This gives biggs four total agility.
When its crackens action he gives biggs his action to focus. now biggs is 4 defence focused.
next, roak makes airen level 12 so he shoots first answer after he shoots he passes an action to either biggs or blue squad to beef their attacks.

If you can keep biggs at range three or behind asteroids he is rocking 5 agility focused. its prove extremely hard to punch through this in the games I've played.

only let down is a lack of offensive punch. cracken is pretty useless offensively except for handing out actions and roak can only do a max of one damage per turn.

still tho, this list has proven extremely frustrating when it works and has good flexibility, switching between buffing biggs defence when he is in range and biggs/blues offense when biggs can't be hit.

roak making anyone a level 12, and the ion turret should offer some resistance to phantoms tho I've never played a phantom squad with this list yet.

thoughts?

#2 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

It's pretty much as you said, you're spending a ton of effort keeping biggs alive, but at the expense of your offense.  In the end, I think that will hurt you more than help you unfortunately.

I hate giving people major advice on squads, so here's my only minor suggestion.

Change squad leader to swarm tactics on cracken, then do the following in a normal round:

Cracken takes focus or target lock, your choice

Roark does same

Blue takes focus

biggs takes r2 action

As combat starts

Have roark bump cracken to ps12, then pass that ps 12 to blue.

Have cracken shoot first at chosen target

Give his free action to blue in the form of a target lock to maximize his attack (he's your best offensive weapon)

Then have biggs and roark shoot as able.

REBEL: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL: 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber, 2 Defenders, 3 Fighters, 3 Interceptors, 1 Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Shuttle

SCUM: TBD

#3 Sergovan

Sergovan

Fly Casual

• Members
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

Garven + R2D6 + V.I.

Airen + S.T.

Biggs + R2F2

Tarn

100points

Airen S.T. Biggs to PS 8. Garven takes a focus, Biggs take R2F2 for actions.

Airen shoots and gives Biggs focus free action. Garven shoots at PS 8 (thanks to V.I.) and gives focus token to Biggs. Biggs shoots at PS8. Tarn shoots at PS 3 and is the closer.

Biggs defends with 3 agility and 2 focus tokens, 4 agility at range 3, 4/5 with an asteroid.

3 ships fire at PS8

3 ships have 3 attack dice and one has 2 for 11 total attack dice.

Rebels: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 A-Wing, 2 Yt-1300, 5 B-wing, 3 HWK-290, 3 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 CR 75

Empire: 6 Tie Fighters, 6 Tie Interceptors (1- 181st, 1- RG), 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Firesprays, 4 Tie Bombers,

2 Lambda, 2 Tie Phantom, 2 Defender

Tournament results: (S)11 of 11; (S)3 of 11;(AoIA)2 of 3; ®12 of 28

#4 tiefanatic

tiefanatic

• Members
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

Drop squad leader on airen and give him VI instead so that  he'll probably shoot first anyway and give Roark's ability to the b-wing because he's a bigger threat offensively and then you have a more balanced list.

Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu,
Manda'yaim kandosii adu.

#5 Deltmi

Deltmi

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Where's the battle report?

Rebel Alliance: 5 [X-Wing], 2 [Y-Wing], 2 [A-Wing], 3 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 1 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 1 [CR90 Corvette], 4 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 8 [Tie Fighter], 3 [Tie Advanced], 3 [Tie Interceptor], 3 [Tie Bomber], 1 [Firespray-31], 1 [Lambda Shuttle], 1 [Imperial Aces], 2 [Tie Phantom], 2 [Tie Defender]

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS