Fedrid Razor Disk

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

why is this consider an exotic weapon, yet the Hunting Quoit from Rogue Trader not?

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

why is this consider an exotic weapon, yet the Hunting Quoit from Rogue Trader not?

Because RT screwed up?

• Fgdsfg likes this

#3 ThenDoctor

ThenDoctor

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I believe Adeptus B has it right. Remember that FFG has a poor history of errating this kind of stuff, it was likely overlooked in proof reading and never got fixed. You shoud also send this question into FFG itself as they will eventually answer you with something concrete.

• Fgdsfg likes this

I've made an expanded Divination table for Dark Heresy Second Edition. Find it here: 

http://community.fan...general-thread/

#4 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Honestly I was just trying to see if there was something about the weapon that could be the reason.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

#5 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

I doubt it, but it may also be that FFG didn't think that forcing people to take a whole talent for something so niche was worthwhile and would discourage people from taking it, while Dark Heresy would take the position of "if it is an exotic weapon is needs the exotic weapon training talent, regardless of how useful it is."

#6 Cail

Cail

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

I doubt it, but it may also be that FFG didn't think that forcing people to take a whole talent for something so niche was worthwhile and would discourage people from taking it, while Dark Heresy would take the position of "if it is an exotic weapon is needs the exotic weapon training talent, regardless of how useful it is."

Given rogue traders massively simplified stance on weapon training talents I'm inclined to go with this reasoning. The talent 'Weapon training: Universal' is a great example of how they tried to strip it down. I seem to remember in the designer diaries they wanted to put a much bigger emphasis on "Starting Cool".

• Intellect is the Understanding of Knowledge.
  • Sentience is the Basest Form of Intellect.
  • Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.
  • Comprehension is the Key to all Things

#7 Angel of Death

Angel of Death

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

and the formal FFG answer

Hi and thanks for writing! I'd have to say its a matter of the game basis; Rogue Trader characters are much more familiar with odd items due to their travels than most characters in Dark Heresy. So in general Explorers might often face fewer actual Exotic devices than an Acolyte (and those that are Exotic are _really_ exotic!). The former item is also a more unique item to that specific world, while the latter is a more generic item that could be found across the Expanse. 

Hope this helps and thanks also for playing!

Tim Huckelbery

So there it is

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS