Photo

Fantasy Flight forbidden from Star Wars Board Games?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

In the initial announcement of star wars titles, they mentioned card games, minis and RPGs, but were quiet on the Board Game front. I imagine if Hasbro could hold on to that one, they would, as it is the one aspect of Star Wars merchandise they didn't bungle and probably made good cash off.

Edited by Damoel, 14 July 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 3 A-Wing, 3 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#22 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Star Wars themed dice bags are also incoming.

Hello... FFG Limited Edition Star Wars Art Sleeves!

Those aren't specifically for use with XWM.

But the XWM dice pack and dice app do contradict my fear (not assumption) that there are/will be no mini-less XWM products... sort of.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#23 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Star Wars themed dice bags are also incoming.

Hello... FFG Limited Edition Star Wars Art Sleeves!

Those aren't specifically for use with XWM.

But the XWM dice pack and dice app do contradict my fear (not assumption) that there are/will be no mini-less XWM products... sort of.

Dice and a dice app do not a board game make.

However the tiles may have fallen a little close to home regarding board game licensing and thus that may have been a legitimate reason for them not to go ahead with it.

• DagobahDave likes this

Carpe Jugulum

Spoiler

#24 DragonWhimsy

DragonWhimsy

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

I find it hard to imagine FFG would announce the map tiles without clearing them first. More likely they were cancelled due to poor fan reaction.

"Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake, Ensign? Anyone can make an error, but that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." -Grand Admiral Thrawn

#25 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

You think Star Wars has strange license deals? People I give you the Lord of the Rings. Apparently it is possible to have the license for the movies but not the books, and vice versa. For instance, if you are making a LoTR video game when you have the movie license, you can't use the likeness of the characters from the books. I don't know about you guys but I really thought 'WTF?' when I first heard of this.

Still not as bad as the convoluted mess that is the Macross/Robotech licensing.

For those interested: http://kotaku.com/59...nearly-15-years

Thanks. Time to bust out my ole robotech DVDs

#26 Sanchez

Sanchez

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

I'm still eagerly awaiting my Robotech miniatures from the Kickstarter last year.

#27 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

I'm still eagerly awaiting my Robotech miniatures from the Kickstarter last year.

Soon.

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#28 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

I find it hard to imagine FFG would announce the map tiles without clearing them first. More likely they were cancelled due to poor fan reaction.

As I recall, some of the early images of the Huge Rebel ships came with a "pending licensor approval" notice, but that may have been about the final look of the ship needing approval, not that the release of the product was in doubt.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS