Fragile Miniatures

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

We've got a guy in our group that hurls, yes hurls his ships into a large carry bag to cart them around. It makes me cringe every time I see it, but surprisingly, they seem to be holding up. I have no idea how. This is extreme abuse.

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

#22 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

I've played over a year now, had the entire collection with me to several Regional events and many tournaments/game nights this year - as well as last year.

I've had one minor damage so far and that was an X-Wing gun being bent.

Which was my own damn fault because I yanked it out of the bag instead of being careful. :)

I wouldn't call them very fragile, but do handle them with care.

#23 Hanu

Hanu

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:52 AM

I have one broken laser cannon on B-wing, but that is my own fault as carrying box lid crunched it. A few bent lasers on X-wings too, but nothing major.

But those pegs are quite a problem. If the miniature is not exactly lined up, every newb and unwarned player in our group twists it just a bit and the effect is same as you twist the stuck axe in the firewood; it cracks open eventually.

I have been forced to gluing those and replacing the with magnets.

Forces of Disarray: 5 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 2 B-wing, 2 E-Wing, 4 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75, 1 CR90

Forces of Order: 8 TIE/LN, 2 TIE advanced x1, 8 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/sa Bomber, 2 TIE/D, 2 TIE Phantom, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31

#24 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

I dress my cat up like Darth Vader and let him swat X-wings around the kitchen floor... They hold up fine.. he is a trained stunt cat so don't try this yourself...

• VanorDM and Hobojebus like this

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#25 teufelwolf@yahoo.com

teufelwolf@yahoo.com

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

......how do you dig out the little broken off m-end pegs smashed in the collar of a ship peg f-end?...

#26 VanorDM

VanorDM

Rules Ninja

• Members
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

......how do you dig out the little broken off m-end pegs smashed in the collar of a ship peg f-end?...

A couple ways.

You could drill a small hole in it and use the bit to pull it out.

You could heat up a needle and push that into it, when it cools you could use it pull it out.

I don't think glue would work, to likely to glue the pin to the other end, but then again depending on how you store them that might not be to big of an issue.
  • teufelwolf@yahoo.com likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS