Newbye rules questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

Hi, i started to play the game a few weeks ago, and i have had some doubts that i would like clarification. 

- Fire control system works after you perform the attack, therefore you can't modify the rolls in that attack, just for the next, right ?

- If Captain Yorr uses his ability to take the stress token generated via Push the Limits by Soontir Fel, does soontir get the concentration token ? My guess would be no, since he wasn't assigned one.

• Sideslip likes this

#2 DR4CO

DR4CO

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Right on both counts.  ;)

The Fleet

6 X-wings - 3 Y-wings - 4 A-wings - 2 B-wings - 3 E-wings - 4 Z-95s - 1 HWK-290 - 2 YT-1300s - 1 Transport - 1 CR-90

5 TIE Fighters - 6 TIE Interceptors -  2 TIE Advanceds - 3 TIE Bombers - 2 TIE Defenders - 2 TIE Phantoms - 2 Firespray - 2 Shuttles

#3 Sideslip

Sideslip

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Another newcomer who read the rule book! I'm actually really impressed. The Soontir/Yorr rule is very easy to miss.

• DreadStar likes this

#4 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

- Fire control system works after you perform the attack, therefore you can't modify the rolls in that attack, just for the next, right ?

Of course, if you have an existing target lock, you can use it to modify the attack that triggers Fire Control System, then get it right back.

Also, don't overlook the fact that you don't need to have the Target Lock icon in your action bar to use this.

#5 DreadStar

DreadStar

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Thank you guys. Yeah, the Soontir was a bit tricky, i was using the infamous list from the regionals practicing with a friend for our first tourney, and before passing the stress token i read the rule. I am impressed with the rules of this game, they are actually quite straight forward if you keep a "what you read, is what it is" towards them, making debates almost nonexistent in that regard :)

#6 Tuls

Tuls

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Also, don't overlook the fact that you don't need to have the Target Lock icon in your action bar to use

Was just wondering about that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS