BBBA List

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bageldrone

bageldrone

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:55 AM

Hi guys here is a list I have been working on for a upcoming game :)

Blue squadron - FCS + Ion cannon 27
Blue squadron - Flechette Torpedo 24
Green squadron - Predator + Stealth device 25

Idea is ion cannon and flechettes will make the enemy more predicatable for the flanker
Should I ditch the stealth for 3 ions?
And/or switch predator for PTL?
Obviously once aces hit I'd dump chadraan and prototype pilot on which would free up some points :)
Any and all critique is welcome :)

Edited by bageldrone, 14 July 2014 - 05:56 AM.

Rebels: 4 X-wings, 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 YT-1300, 1 Y-wing, 1 E-wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK 290, 1 GR-75, 1 Corvette
Imperials: 5 TIE Fighters, 3 Interceptors, 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda, 1 Defender, 1 Phantom

#2 What

What

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

It's really hard to deny how amazing flechette + ion is... that said, it requires two B-Wings to have arc on the same target, and for one of those B-Wings to be able to follow it to take advantage of the ion-stress combo.

Have you considered swapping the A-Wing for a Y?

B-wing w/ flechette x3

Y-wing w/ ion turret

+advanced sensors, FCS as needed. This also puts all pilots at PS 2, which means whomever needs to shoot / move first can.

Rebel: A-Wing x2, B-Wing x1, E-Wing, HWK-290, X-Wing x4, YT-3000, Y-Wing x2, Z-95 x2, GR-75, CR90
Imp: TIE x6, Advanced x1, Interceptor x4, Bomber x2, Lambda, Firespray, Phantom, Defender x2

#3 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

It's really hard to deny how amazing flechette + ion is... that said, it requires two B-Wings to have arc on the same target, and for one of those B-Wings to be able to follow it to take advantage of the ion-stress combo.

B-wing w/ flechette x3

Y-wing w/ ion turret

+advanced sensors, FCS as needed. This also puts all pilots at PS 2, which means whomever needs to shoot / move first can.

I think once the Rebel Aces hits and we can have B-Wings with crew I might have to run a dual tactician B-Wing Y-Wing list called BYBY  :P

• Skargoth and MNwild like this

#4 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hi guys here is a list I have been working on for a upcoming game :)

Blue squadron - FCS + Ion cannon 27
Green squadron - Predator + Stealth device 25

Idea is ion cannon and flechettes will make the enemy more predicatable for the flanker
Should I ditch the stealth for 3 ions?
And/or switch predator for PTL?
Obviously once aces hit I'd dump chadraan and prototype pilot on which would free up some points :)
Any and all critique is welcome :)

I think your flanker is lacking some power, and you have a PS problem: 2/2/2/3 is vulnerable to a host of things in the evolving metagame, notably including Phantoms, Carnor Jax, and Wes Janson. So while ions + flechettes is a great combo, I'm not sure this is how I'd run it.

Off the top of my head, maybe something more like this?

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Roark Garnet (19)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Total: 99

#5 bageldrone

bageldrone

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

What about switching the A wing out for a Z?
Ibtisam PTL 31
Dagger Sqn flechette x2 Munitions Failsafe 29
Dagger Sqn Ion cannon 27
Bandit Sqn pilot 12

99 total
Rebels: 4 X-wings, 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 YT-1300, 1 Y-wing, 1 E-wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK 290, 1 GR-75, 1 Corvette
Imperials: 5 TIE Fighters, 3 Interceptors, 1 Advanced, 1 Bomber, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda, 1 Defender, 1 Phantom

#6 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

B-wing w/ flechette x3

Y-wing w/ ion turret

I think once the Rebel Aces hits and we can have B-Wings with crew I might have to run a dual tactician B-Wing Y-Wing list called BYBY   :P

Ain't not lie, baby...

And lest we forget...

Dirty pop!

You are welcome.

Ok, he is what I came up with:

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Ion Pulse Missiles (3)

Rebel Operative (16)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)
Nien Nunb (1)

Total: 100

Edited by Skargoth, 14 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS