• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Never mind the Wag-sta, he is an ass, and he/we/they like it that way.

Every forum needs their grade A Ass-cot.

Yeah Whaggies.. I know...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

REPORTED!

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#22 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

"New" was probably a strong word. I've been around long enough to recognize regulars, and have more than one immediately negative answer to a thread I've started, specifically from wonderwaaaagh.

Luckily this game keeps me coming back.

As a couple of people have said, the problem isn't your post by itself so much as your post in the context of the other half-dozen posts asking the same question. (Obviously it would have been hard for you to know that.)

When you look at the game as a whole, there are a couple of ships that have appeared on art from the prior wave--but there are far more ships that were introduced without appearing, and also more that have appeared in art but (like the Yevetha D-type) at least haven't shown up yet. In technical terms, the hypothesis has really terrible predictive validity, and it's past time for it to be tossed out.

#23 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Peoples reaction to these is always funny.
If someone ( God help them ) ever makes a post about a third faction that helps out the Y-wing and advanced and that card has artwork with another ship on. I think the forum would explode. Welcome to the OP btw

No, I think it would only explode if it included a pirate Star Destroyer that carried squadrons of Y-Wings and TIE Advanced, and featured artwork from Star Trek. 

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

#24 nikk whyte

nikk whyte

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Quick question about the outrider though:

I remember having a toy when i was a kid, and it was a small freighter type, only it tilted in the middle and formed a T shape. Was that the outrider? Or am I just completely mistaken? Looking over a lot of art for the outrider, I don't see any images of it tilted, or even see how it could be.

Edited by nikk whyte, 14 July 2014 - 09:51 AM.

Current fleet:
Rebel: x-wing, y-wing, HWK-290, yt-1300, e-wing, z-95

Imperial: 2 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, tie phantom, tie advanced, firespray

#25 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Quick question about the outrider though:

I remember having a toy when i was a kid, and it was a small freighter type, only it tilted in the middle and formed a T shape. Was that the outrider? Or am I just completely mistaken? Looking over a lot of art for the outrider, I don't see any images of it tilted, or even see how it could be.

It definitely wasn't the Outrider. Not sure what it could have been--a Skipray? Not a freighter, but at least it has the variable-geometry aspect.

Ooh, or the YV-666, better known as the Hound's Tooth?

#26 jkokura

jkokura

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

I think the next phase of ships could include some of the bounty hunter pilots and their ships. IG-88, Zuckuss, Dengar, et. al. There's a lot of room to add fighters and large ships from that group.

Jacob

Fleet:

Rebel - 5x X-Wing, 3x Y-Wing, 4x A-Wing, 3x B-Wing, 2x HWK-290, 2x E-Wing, 4x Z-95 Headhunters, 1x Millenium Falcon

Imperial - 8x Tie Fighters, 2x Tie Advanced, 3x Tie Bombers, 6x Tie Interceptors, 3x Tie Defenders, 2x Tie Phantoms, 2x Firespray-31, 2x Lamda Shuttles

#27 Rain King

Rain King

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Quick question about the outrider though:I remember having a toy when i was a kid, and it was a small freighter type, only it tilted in the middle and formed a T shape. Was that the outrider? Or am I just completely mistaken? Looking over a lot of art for the outrider, I don't see any images of it tilted, or even see how it could be.

It definitely wasn't the Outrider. Not sure what it could have been--a Skipray? Not a freighter, but at least it has the variable-geometry aspect.Ooh, or the YV-666, better known as the Hound's Tooth?
Actually, the toy they made for Outrider in the mid- or late-90s did exactly that. Probably just to make it stand out from the Falcon a little more.

EDIT: Found a link with some pictures. You have to scroll down to the bottom to see the rotating center part.
http://darklorddunge...s-outrider.html

Edited by Rain King, 14 July 2014 - 11:09 AM.

• InstantAequitas and Vorpal Sword like this

#28 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Quick question about the outrider though:I remember having a toy when i was a kid, and it was a small freighter type, only it tilted in the middle and formed a T shape. Was that the outrider? Or am I just completely mistaken? Looking over a lot of art for the outrider, I don't see any images of it tilted, or even see how it could be.

It definitely wasn't the Outrider. Not sure what it could have been--a Skipray? Not a freighter, but at least it has the variable-geometry aspect.Ooh, or the YV-666, better known as the Hound's Tooth?

Actually, the toy they made for Outrider in the mid- or late-90s did exactly that. Probably just to make it stand out from the Falcon a little more.

Weird, but good to know!

#29 nikk whyte

nikk whyte

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:10 AM

here we go. note the huge cannon that apears to be missing from FFG's model. or rather, how this model is very nearly an entirely different ship.

Edited by nikk whyte, 14 July 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Current fleet:

#30 nikk whyte

nikk whyte

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

... or not. seems i cant post photos today. google outrider toy to see what i'm getting at

Current fleet:

#31 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Gotcha covered...

outrider-450x397.jpg

Edited by Explosive Ewok, 14 July 2014 - 11:12 AM.

"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#32 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

We're not going down this road again are we?

C'mon... this stuff is fun.

Don't be such a kill-joy. :P

I'm not being a kill joy. It's just been hashed over so many times. Why don't we start a new Star Destroyer thread. We haven't had one of those for a few weeks.  :D

Rick

Hastings, New Zealand

3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 YT-1300

3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

#33 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Whoa whoa whoa. Hitler is the bad guy here, not me.

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS