Clues about future ships in card art?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 nikk whyte

nikk whyte

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Ok, so we got a tiny glimps of the outrider before it was announced with the predator card art (I might be wrong, running on memory right now)

So with that in mind, there are some unidentified ships on one of the e-wing cards. Any speculation about that?
  • Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Current fleet:
Rebel: x-wing, y-wing, HWK-290, yt-1300, e-wing, z-95, a-wing, b-wing

Imperial: 2 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, tie phantom, tie advanced, firespray, defender, bomber

#2 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

We're not going down this road again are we?

• pete.riedner, RogueLieutenant, UnfairBanana and 1 other like this

Rick   -   Hastings, New Zealand

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

Scum & Villainy: 2 Z-95 (planned), 1 Y-Wing (planned) + 1 HWK-290, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Firespray-31 (ready to go)

#3 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

• Mikael Hasselstein and oddeye like this
It's not easy being green.

#4 nikk whyte

nikk whyte

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

Excuse me for not having been a member of the forum since the creation of the game.

If you'll ease off the condescension maybe new people wouldn't mind posting.
  • Fanfan, malladin.ben, VanorDM and 5 others like this

Current fleet:

Imperial: 2 tie fighters, 2 interceptors, tie phantom, tie advanced, firespray, defender, bomber

#5 Parravon

Parravon

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

This speculative topic has been covered at least once every two or three weeks of late. Quite often, there's no connection due to the fact most of the artwork is used everywhere by FFG. We don't mean to be condescending, but we've seen it many times already. And as it seems you're new here, Mr Whyte, a word of warning, I wouldn't try asking for, or suggesting a Star Destroyer model. That road leads to 20 pages of arguments.  :( Not worth the hassle.

• UnfairBanana likes this

Rick   -   Hastings, New Zealand

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 E-Wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 3 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Int, 1 TIE Adv, 1 TIE Bomber, 1 TIE Phantom, 1 TIE Defender, 1 Firespray-31

Scum & Villainy: 2 Z-95 (planned), 1 Y-Wing (planned) + 1 HWK-290, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Firespray-31 (ready to go)

#6 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

Ok, so we got a tiny glimps of the outrider before it was announced with the predator card art (I might be wrong, running on memory right now)

So with that in mind, there are some unidentified ships on one of the e-wing cards. Any speculation about that?

They're Yevethan D-type fighters, and I doubt we'll ever see them in the game.

#7 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Nikk Whyte is the singer from an 80's hair metal band, amirite?

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

#8 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

No.  Just no.  Art assets are used across games, so there is no secret hints in the art towards future ships.

• Vorpal Sword likes this

#9 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

It's a good idea, but not all the ships in the cards are from new ships, greetings.

"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#10 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

We're not going down this road again are we?

C'mon... this stuff is fun.

Don't be such a kill-joy. :P

• oddeye, Joe Boss Red Seven and BonusJoe like this

#11 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

Unless of course we were to see a new faction enter the game... which brings us to another interesting question...

• UnfairBanana and Harpsichord like this

Bacon for breakfast, bacon for tea; bacon for you, bacon for me.

#12 Yipikayey

Yipikayey

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

Unless of course we were to see a new faction enter the game... which brings us to another interesting question...

About that question, i am guessing it is... What breakfast do you prefer ?

• FTS Gecko likes this

#13 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:33 AM

About that question, i am guessing it is... What breakfast do you prefer ?

HOW DID YOU GUESS?!

This thread is now about favourite toasted bagel toppings.  Discuss.

Bacon for breakfast, bacon for tea; bacon for you, bacon for me.

#14 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Did you notice the BLACK SUN references withing the glorious Z-95 Headhunters materials?

:lol:

Me wonders what dat could means...

:o

Now off to the kitchen to raise a mighty Boss' Breakfast!

<_<

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 4][B-WING: 4][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 1][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 6][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][VT-49: 1][LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: 1]

#15 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Validating
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:58 AM

Short version is that card art doesn't predict future ships.

Long version,

Can we just let the card theory die? So many threads crop up about it and it's completely unfounded. Yes, the TIE bomber appeared on Homing Missiles in Wave 2. Because it's a Star Wars ship, and FFG is drawing on Star Wars art. Yes, the YT shows up on Swarm Tactics. Because it's the Millenium Falcon! How much more Star Wars Spaceship Staple do you get? Claiming card art foreshadowing is like being surprised they made the TIE interceptor.

Besides, it's not as FFG makes the all art specifically for X-wing. They freely share art between this, the LCG and the RPG and they get most of their art from existing sources. Marksmanship is the cover of The Bacta War. Decoy is the cover of Solo Command. ST-321 and Prototype Pilot are Ralph McQuarrie concept art. It's a Star Wars game drawing on decades of Star Wars art, of course there are other film Star Wars ships in them that FFG have yet to make.

That's a grand total of two ships. That isn't the E-wing on Roark, btw. Too big, different design.

What about the countless Star Destroyers, the thing that looks like Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator on Omicron Group Pilot, the Sentinel-class Shuttle in the distance on Outer Rim Smuggler? Or if we go into Wave 4, the Recusant Destroyers on Predator?

FFG will make ships that make sense, and card art often involves ships that make sense. But the card art has nothing to do with future releases.

Edited by Lagomorphia, 14 July 2014 - 04:58 AM.

• UnfairBanana likes this

#16 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Peoples reaction to these is always funny.
If someone ( God help them ) ever makes a post about a third faction that helps out the Y-wing and advanced and that card has artwork with another ship on. I think the forum would explode. Welcome to the OP btw
  • oddeye likes this
I didn't mean for it to get this bad.

#17 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Welcome nick. As you can see the communities reaction to certain threads can be a bit rough.. as others have said this comes up about every week. 

Now if we had a few good.. admins.... I mean subforums / like a speculation section you'd have seen at least 1 other discussion on this..

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#18 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

Also OP, and I believe this has also been mentioned before, the ship in Outmaneuver isn't actually the Outrider. Observe.

Note the wide engine and very short connection from main fuselage to the cockpit.

Outmaneuver.png

Outrider.jpg

Notice the length of the engine in proportion to the rest of the ship, and elongated fuselage. When Outmaneuver first came out everyone's wishful thinking got the better of them and they thought it to be the famous Outrider, but it was not. Though we still got it anyway, yay, but your original thesis doesn't work unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum though, hopefully this reception hasn't put you out too much.

#19 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

If they were to do a third faction, I still think the Yevetha would be about 106th on the priority list. For one thing, IIRC they were murderously xenophobic, which would make adding them to a list containing any non-Yevetha a little bit of a problem from a thematic standpoint.

#20 nikk whyte

nikk whyte

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

"New" was probably a strong word. I've been around long enough to recognize regulars, and have more than one immediately negative answer to a thread I've started, specifically from wonderwaaaagh.

Luckily this game keeps me coming back.

Current fleet:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS