Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

I want this...

snoopycard_zps3d27d12f.png

Ditto Brother... and add this too!

chewieandhan.jpg

:)

• stuffedskullcat likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#42 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

I have no idea what this thread us supposed to be saying.

I am saying that WHEN THE BLACK SUN FACTION IS RELEASED, I hope the three ships pictured in my initial post are included in that wave, because I like them very much....

Clear now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Personally I think the light blacksun fighter looks an awful lot like an E-wing with some extra stuff in that diagonal looking shot from the top, and even the top down

The medium Hutt ship doesn't look terrible but it almost reminds me of an A-9 Vigilance 

#43 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

I am saying that WHEN THE BLACK SUN FACTION IS RELEASED, I hope the three ships pictured in my initial post are included in that wave, because I like them very much....

Clear now?

Personally I think the light blacksun fighter looks an awful lot like an E-wing with some extra stuff in that diagonal looking shot from the top, and even the top down

The medium Hutt ship doesn't look terrible but it almost reminds me of an A-9 Vigilance 

Yeah that is one of the things that I love about these, they are STAR WARS ships.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#44 patox

patox

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'm all for a third faction. I'm all for four factions.

The Rihkxyrk-class and Kihraxz-class are pretty sweet.

There could be a hint of the Black Sun in one of the expansion packs. The disabled ships of Mission 6 are AEG-77 Vigos, another nice ship.

I'd like to see the:

Kihraxz-class (small ship: light attack/swarm)

AEG-Vigo (large ship: 360°)

Nimbus-class (small ship: general purpose)

Conqueror-class (large ship)

StarViper-class (small ship)

Supa Fighter ship (small ship: tank)

• Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#45 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Supa Fighter ship

It's not a comment on your choices, but apparently there really is something called a "Supa Fighter". Every time I think the EU can't surprise me with something dumb, it scrapes something new up from the bottom of the barrel...
  • Red Castle, LeoHowler, Rhinoviru3 and 1 other like this

#46 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Supa Fighter ship

It's not a comment on your choices, but apparently there really is something called a "Supa Fighter". Every time I think the EU can't surprise me with something dumb, it scrapes something new up from the bottom of the barrel...

I am an EU fan, but I have to admit, Supa Fighter sounds like something flown by a 40k Ork

Edited by Audio Weasel, 14 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

• Vorpal Sword, stegocent and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#47 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Razor Fighter

Preybird Starfighter

Cloakshape Fighter

Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship

IG-2000

EPIC BREAKFAST:  2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 fried bread, 2 toast, 1 black pudding, 1 fried tomato, 67 baked beans, 6 mushrooms, sprig of parsley, 1 black coffee (pot)

#48 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

Supa Fighter ship

But is it really Supa?

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#49 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Supa Fighter ship

But is it really Supa?

Supa-Ugly...IMO!

#50 horsepire

horsepire

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

I want this...

snoopycard_zps3d27d12f.png

In actuality it should treat all hard right turns as greens and all hard lefts as reds (or be incapable of making hard left turns) - the Camel's rotary engine gave it a strong right-turn bias, not left.

This has been your Annoyingly Nitpicky Historical Lesson of the Day. Enjoy!

PS - any Wings of Glory players here? 

• meekor, stegocent, Bilisknir and 1 other like this

#51 An Irishman

An Irishman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

So Black Sun is the obvious option for a new faction, not that I know personally, but I'm curious does the Star Wars universe contain enough to create a faction for the Chiss?  Because I would love that!

(Even though the Chiss don't technically exist anymore  :( )

#52 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

So Black Sun is the obvious option for a new faction, not that I know personally, but I'm curious does the Star Wars universe contain enough to create a faction for the Chiss?  Because I would love that!

(Even though the Chiss don't technically exist anymore  :( )

I think the Clawcraft is their only "major" fighter we are aware of.

(And technically they exist until Disney says otherwise, alot of people missed that clarification in all of the EU is dead QQ)

#53 Gibarian

Gibarian

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

What's wrong with dividing the good and the bad? Why do we need a third faction, instead of something like expansions with dual-faction bases (Empire generic/ace, rebel generic/ace). Really, Fett (and Solo?) establish FFG's stance on "independents".

Besides I'd rather FFG didn't divert attention to some third party that may not be interesting when it's actually implemented. I'd rather keep to two of each wave instead of diverting. That way we'd get to the awesome fighters (like the Gunboat, Avenger) much quicker. As cool as it would be to have six ships in each wave, dropping wave 5 down to 2 ships is kinda concerning that 6 ships per wave just can't be done. And again, would rather see more rebels and Imperials than pirates.

If you boil it down to simple math, there's a pretty indisputable reason for introducing a third faction.

Two factions = fewer total ships/options, you'll get all possible Imp/Reb ships eventually

Three+ factions = more total ships/options, you'll still get all possible Imp/Reb ships eventually

#54 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

...does the Star Wars universe contain enough to create a faction for the Chiss?  Because I would love that!

Well, the Empire and Rebellion started with two ships each and will (once Wave 5 is released) have nine. Assume, for the sake of argument, that a new faction needs at least half that many to be viable; rounding down leaves us at four, meaning a hypothetical Chiss faction would be in about the same place the two original factions were at the release of Wave 2.

So are there four Chiss ships? I'm not very well versed in that corner of the EU either.

Edited by Vorpal Sword, 14 July 2014 - 12:25 PM.

#55 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

If you boil it down to simple math, there's a pretty indisputable reason for introducing a third faction.

Two factions = fewer total ships/options, you'll get all possible Imp/Reb ships eventually

Three+ factions = more total ships/options, you'll still get all possible Imp/Reb ships eventually

Simple math? Indisputable? Really?

More isn't always better.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 14 July 2014 - 12:31 PM.

• teufelwolf@yahoo.com likes this

It's not easy being green.

#56 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

What's wrong with dividing the good and the bad? Why do we need a third faction, instead of something like expansions with dual-faction bases (Empire generic/ace, rebel generic/ace). Really, Fett (and Solo?) establish FFG's stance on "independents".

Besides I'd rather FFG didn't divert attention to some third party that may not be interesting when it's actually implemented. I'd rather keep to two of each wave instead of diverting. That way we'd get to the awesome fighters (like the Gunboat, Avenger) much quicker. As cool as it would be to have six ships in each wave, dropping wave 5 down to 2 ships is kinda concerning that 6 ships per wave just can't be done. And again, would rather see more rebels and Imperials than pirates.

Yeah and the game we love will continue on for years to come.

#57 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Clear now?
Much clearer and you really should have said that in the OP instead of 50 posts and a day later. When you first posted the thread the original post came across like you were claiming "yeah!!! FFG have announced they are doing a black sun faction, here are some pics of the first ships they are going to do!!!", except you didn't actually SAY anything, you just left it for the readers to guess what those pictures were meant to indicate.

Edited by Forgottenlore, 14 July 2014 - 01:31 PM.

• Norsehound, NotBatman and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#58 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Clear now?
Much clearer and you really should have said that in the OP instead of 50 posts and a day later. When you first posted the thread the original post came across like you were claiming "yeah!!! FFG have announced they are doing a black sun faction, here are some pics of the first ships they are going to do!!!", except you didn't actually SAY anything, you just left it for the readers to guess what those pictures were meant to indicate.

Sorry about that misunderstanding buddie.

I do think that our FFG boys are doing a Black Sun Faction. As do others here.

What they will actually release is a much less certain prospect.

FFG has proven they are willing to make anything that is Original Trilogy, and directly related such as Rouge Squadron and Video Game ships.

#59 VanorDM

VanorDM

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

That's pretty faulty logic.

First it assumes that FFG can't simply make up new ships for Reb's and Imps.
Also it assumes there will be no new canon ships, which we all know is untrue what with Rebellion coming out this fall.

So no your "math" is far from indisputable, and to be honest isn't really even math, because math doesn't say More = Better only that More = More.

#60 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I do think that our FFG boys are doing a Black Sun Faction. As do others here.
What they will actually release is a much less certain prospect.
FFG has proven they are willing to make anything that is Original Trilogy, and directly related such as Rouge Squadron and Video Game ships.

I would rather it was a generic "fringe" faction, or even just "unaligned" so it can cover ships from minor powers. But if they do give it a specific identity, yeah, black sun is the only option.
  • Mikael Hasselstein likes this

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS