THE BLACK SUN COMETH!

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#21 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

So, the OP is the logo from an event FFG ran 2 months ago, a very generic logo from the universe and a few pictures taken from a SW computer game.

I ask again, what is the purpose of this thread?

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4012

Actually the event was a YEAR and two months ago. I attended and had a blast, and was disappointed there was not another one in 2014.

But yes, wondering what the thread is about.  I have heard some rumors too, but ???

#22 Explosive Ewok

Explosive Ewok

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Ziggy look up.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds really are..."

#23 ziggy2000

ziggy2000

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

Ziggy look up.

I know somebody too, but the hint was not that specific. On the other hand, it's not outside the realm of possibility.  GenCon could prove to be interesting...

#24 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

Uh. Joe?

What are you trying to do?

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

STAR WARS: REBELS Discussion Thread

#25 Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

All of those ships sound like somebody named them by smashing their keyboard with their face.

Face, or other body part.

I dunno.... It really looks like face-typing, Just like WonderWAAAGH said.

I hope they don't make a 3rd faction..

More imperial ships? Yes please

Yes, I support the third faction movement.

However, I don't think you can reasonably root for a third faction and for more Imperial ships at the same time.

#26 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

Honestly none of the SW:Galaxies contributions excited me design-wise. None of the Hutt/Black sun fighters seemed that impressive and the Imperial TIEs are at best, a joke. How many ways can you hack up a TIE Advanced and add other parts on it from kits that aren't even from Star Wars?

I suppose the Kiraxz is kind of neat, but change the name please.

Until I see some concrete evidence from FFG pointing to a third faction, I'm gonna remain skeptical. I'd still like to see more imperial/rebel craft over some strange third-party contributions. My hope is on a space platform and/or campaign kit to equal the CR90.

• Joe Boss Red Seven and z0m4d like this

#27 SoulCrusherEx

SoulCrusherEx

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

I hope they don't make a 3rd faction..

More imperial ships? Yes please

why not a third faction ? i mean i love imperium but if the pirates come out iam switching sides just sayin. it has nothing to do with my avatar and my one eye i do own ^^ ;P

Edit: SO PLEASE FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES PIMP MY X:WING WITH A THIRD FACTION AND GET MA MONEY ( pimp my ride mtv parody muwahha) but seriously give me a third faction O.o

Edited by SoulCrusherEx, 14 July 2014 - 03:07 AM.

• corsair117 and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

Imperium: 7 Tie Fighter, 3 Tie Advanced, 12 Tie Interceptors (4 aces boxes included) 3 Tie Bomber and 3 fire sprays, 1 Tie Defender, 2 Tie Phantom, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 1 V49 Decimator
Rebels:  1 B-wing, 1 Z-95, 2 Hwk290,
Pirates: 3 Firesprays, 3 Y- Wings, 7 z-95, 2 HWK 290

#28 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

What's wrong with dividing the good and the bad? Why do we need a third faction, instead of something like expansions with dual-faction bases (Empire generic/ace, rebel generic/ace). Really, Fett (and Solo?) establish FFG's stance on "independents".

Besides I'd rather FFG didn't divert attention to some third party that may not be interesting when it's actually implemented. I'd rather keep to two of each wave instead of diverting. That way we'd get to the awesome fighters (like the Gunboat, Avenger) much quicker. As cool as it would be to have six ships in each wave, dropping wave 5 down to 2 ships is kinda concerning that 6 ships per wave just can't be done. And again, would rather see more rebels and Imperials than pirates.

• z0m4d likes this

#29 Asgo

Asgo

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

So, the OP is the logo from an event FFG ran 14 months ago, a very generic logo from the universe and a few pictures taken from a SW computer game.

Edited to fix date error

It's the internet, the only place where purpose is counterproductive. :)

in answer to your question: 42 (the only answer that makes always sense)

Edited by Asgo, 14 July 2014 - 03:25 AM.

#30 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

Tie Defender Ace

• Members
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

Well eventually they will run out of imp and rebel ships to release which gives two options add more factions or add prequel ships, and I'd much rather have more factions than prequel ships.

• stegocent, Joe Boss Red Seven and SoulCrusherEx like this

#31 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:28 AM

Kihraxz, Rihkxyrk and Dunelizard. All of those ships first came out in Star Wars Galaxies for the Freelance Faction. You are missing the Scyk, seen on the Intimidate upgrade card coming with the VT-49.

I know I could of posted ten other ships like Houndstooth and other Hutt stuff.

I was just getting us going, rather than doing a complete list of what we may see.
:)

• SoulCrusherEx likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 4][B-WING: 4][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 1][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 6][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][VT-49: 1][LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: 1]

#32 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

I have no idea what this thread us supposed to be saying.

I am saying that WHEN THE BLACK SUN FACTION IS RELEASED, I hope the three ships pictured in my initial post are included in that wave, because I like them very much....

Clear now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 4][B-WING: 4][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 1][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 6][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][VT-49: 1][LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: 1]

#33 SoulCrusherEx

SoulCrusherEx

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

we do see this guy from an alien race the Yevetha

that made kamikaze actions against new republic / rebels huge ships cause they hadnt the firepower to break through thier shielding its those fighters we saw on that ps 5 e-wing pilot ethan

http://starwars.wiki...trifoil_fighter

Imperium: 7 Tie Fighter, 3 Tie Advanced, 12 Tie Interceptors (4 aces boxes included) 3 Tie Bomber and 3 fire sprays, 1 Tie Defender, 2 Tie Phantom, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 1 V49 Decimator
Rebels:  1 B-wing, 1 Z-95, 2 Hwk290,
Pirates: 3 Firesprays, 3 Y- Wings, 7 z-95, 2 HWK 290

#34 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:48 AM

So, the OP is the logo from an event FFG ran 2 months ago, a very generic logo from the universe and a few pictures taken from a SW computer game.

I think I may be the reason this thread started.

http://community.fan...ling-it/page-13

What I wrote on post #246. It wasn't concerning a new faction, per se, just in talks of the (possible) upcoming Imperial epic ship.

At least I assume that's what this is from, considering Joe's response on that thread and then 15 minutes later starting this one.

Yeah I have been hearing stuff for a while, and meaning to make a little posting. You kind of kicked me into doing it in a flash of fun inspiration with your posting.

#35 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

Well eventually they will run out of imp and rebel ships to release which gives two options add more factions or add prequel ships, and I'd much rather have more factions than prequel ships.

Yeah the old fart brigade refuses to see the future. They want to stay in the 70's and 80's.

We know our Cannon they say... yet they will happily have rebels fighting rebels like that is normal and good solid cannon, rather than have a third wonderful faction.

For me and others it is so much inspiration for mirth at their stupid noggin expense.

<_<

Left to these schmucks this wonderful game would fizzle because they would  keep it as a silly little WWII game with ten ships tops, because that is what they remember from thirty years ago.

:rolleyes:

Oh well... what can you do for 'em?

Nuttin... nuttin at all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven, 14 July 2014 - 04:15 AM.

• corsair117 likes this

#36 FTS Gecko

FTS Gecko

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

I love the enthusiasm Joe!

Personally speaking, whether it's Epic scale ships, new factions, ground-based combat, obstacles, objectives, whatever, I'm just looking forward to seeing where our amazing game goes next.

• stegocent, Joe Boss Red Seven and Storme636 like this

Bacon for breakfast, bacon for tea; bacon for you, bacon for me.

#37 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

I love the enthusiasm Joe!

Personally speaking, whether it's Epic scale ships, new factions, ground-based combat, obstacles, objectives, whatever, I'm just looking forward to seeing where our amazing game goes next.

I love me some Gecko!

:lol:

When you commin over so we can play a few dozen games?

:D

Yeah the love for STAR WARS IS STRONG.

:wub:

#38 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

Uh. Joe?

What are you trying to do?

Share hopes and dreams with my STAR WARS buddies.

#39 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

I want this...

snoopycard_zps3d27d12f.png

• Boomer_J, stegocent, Joe Boss Red Seven and 5 others like this

Never Mynock the Buzzsaw Shuttles!

#40 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:09 AM

I want this...

snoopycard_zps3d27d12f.png

Ditto Brother... and add this too!

chewieandhan.jpg

• stuffedskullcat likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS