• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

1. Build lists and advice

2. Playing guides and tactics

3. Home brew / house custom rules

4. Painting and customization

5. Rumors and speculations Cubanboy

I would only make the following change to the names of the Sub-forums. After All he is responsible for like 99% of those post. :D

We really need stickied posts too.. Like oroshi's (sorry if i spelt your name wrong) movement guide. super helpful and we all know it will get buried sooner or later and lost.. 

No worries on the misspelling, I've been using that same user name for 15 years online and my wife still can't spell it correct. It really would be nice to have my thread about movement found here: http://community.fan...ment/?p=1143721 Stickied. I would like everyone a chance to read it.

haha yeah cubanboy needs his own sub forum! I'm sure he wouldn't protest either.. :lol:

Yes, i think your movement thread really has merit and is a boon to any new (and even advanced) player. There is always room for improving the foxhole! I'd hate to see the thread get burried / luckily you seem to be updating it periodically so it's alive for now..

Edited by oddeye, 14 July 2014 - 09:30 AM.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#22 GeneticDrift

GeneticDrift

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

Why is this needed?

• haslo likes this

#23 Osoroshii

Osoroshii

龍神

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Yes, i think your movement thread really has merit and is a boon to any new (and even advanced) player. There is always room for improving the foxhole! I'd hate to see the thread get buried / luckily you seem to be updating it periodically so it's alive for now..

I'm approaching 9,000 views on the post but very few comments. I've left my personal opinion out of the thread to keep from becoming a debate and that leads to the few post. I'd rather have fewer post then a debate and that is why I keep it that way. The easiest way to keep up with the thread is to follow it so you get a notification whenever it gets updated.

• oddeye and Flamestalker like this

#24 sigidi

sigidi

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Im all for subfora, but not so many. List and painting should be enough. There must be something left for the main forum. But lists can go to a subforum, because they are so plenty (and boring...), painting/scratch building because its so interesting. Oh and we could use an "i'm new, what should i do/buy" section

#25 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Why is this needed?

the tie advanced or the sub forum sections? :P

I know.. i'm just trolling now. I apologize in advance!

An "I'm new section" would be helpful. I was thinking that could fit along with the guides section.. Guides on what to buy / builds / movement / tactics ect.

#26 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

stay on target!

Need your help.. bump this thread please. I am only bumping it once, If the community doesn't help this will not happen!

• AtomicFryingPan likes this

#27 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Imagine being able to come here and just see artwork and inspiring models and blogs about terrain and custom ships?

We want this because we love the visual esthetic of Star Wars X-Wing!

:wub:

• oddeye and GannerRhysode like this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

^_^ BLACK...  :D SUN... :lol: RISES!!!
ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 6][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][FIRESPRAY-31: 1][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 2][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: ][Z-95: ]

#28 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Imagine being able to come here and just see artwork and inspiring models and blogs about terrain and custom ships?

Hey! maybe if we turn this thread into a meme war between star trek and star wars more people will start posting.. or another thread about stay on target.. that might work too.

star_wars_versus_star_trek_by_trueinnova

• Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#29 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Why is this needed?

because anyone who has been a regular visitor to these forums sees the high number of posts causes bumping of everything off the front page making it hard to find discussion threads even after 2-3days!

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 30 July 2014 - 12:54 PM.

• oddeye, Flamestalker, Joe Boss Red Seven and 1 other like this

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#30 caelenvasius

caelenvasius

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hey! maybe if we turn this thread into a meme war between star trek and star wars more people will start posting.. or another thread about stay on target.. that might work too.

The Star Trek people included Neelix in their group. They automatically lose...the fact that he's in a Starfleet uniform as well is just shame icing on top of the loss cake.
  • oddeye likes this

#31 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Why is this needed?

because anyone who have been a regular visitor to these forums sees the high number of posts causes bumping of everything off the front page making it hard to find discussion threads even after 2-3days!

yes sir! so true.. and not to mention the same re hashing of the same 4 stereotypical posts ever 2-3 days as well..

The Star Trek people included Neelix in their group. They automatically lose...the fact that he's in a Starfleet uniform as well is just shame icing on top of the loss cake.

lol. yeah thats about as bad as you can get...

unless you compare star wars spoof to star treks..

star trek has galaxy quest.. sigh. includes tool man, monk and that snake dude from harry potter..

galaxy_quest_cast.jpg

EDIT: ok. I have to mention ripley.. they do have riply from aliens.. that does count for something.

Star wars on the other hand has... drum roll: Space Balls. All time family classic! John candy.. dad from honey i shrunk the kids (and wierd neighbor guy from ghostbusters) john candy.. mel brooks, that dude who makes all the noise from police acadamy, hey did i mention john candy? Mr. rental and Mr. coffee also make an appearance.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by oddeye, 30 July 2014 - 12:58 PM.

• Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

#32 caelenvasius

caelenvasius

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

BUT I LIKED GALAXY QUEST!
  • oddeye likes this

#33 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

BUT I LIKED GALAXY QUEST!

Sadly I did too. It was actually alot better than star trek. :P

#34 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

All of this art and more coming soon to the new THE ART OF STAR WARS Sub-thingie.

:lol:

• oddeye likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

^_^ BLACK...  :D SUN... :lol: RISES!!!
ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 6][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][FIRESPRAY-31: 1][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 2][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: ][Z-95: ]

#35 rdobyns

rdobyns

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

You have my vote!

• oddeye likes this

#36 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

I want two subforums:

1. Fix The TIE Advanced Subforum

2. We Need More Subforums Subforum

• oddeye, Crabbok, AtomicFryingPan and 1 other like this

#37 caelenvasius

caelenvasius

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

I propose the additional "Complaining about new cards and how they break the game" Subforum. That way we can let those people have their own space where we can ignore them.
  • haslo and oddeye like this

#38 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

I want two subforums:

1. Fix The TIE Advanced Subforum

2. We Need More Subforums Subforum

haha so true. reminds me of..

more cowbell!

"you're really going to want more cowbell"!

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/536145

you know, we could just hijack one of the other subforums and just start posting painting and modding posts in it.

just in case you can't see the video...

snl-walken-prescription-gotta-have-more-

• haslo, The_Brown_Bomber and Joe Boss Red Seven like this

#39 Crabbok

Crabbok

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

There have been so many threads asking for subforums, advanced fixes, imperial huge ships, next wave speculation, etc...   it would almost be funny if simultaneously someone went and necro'd every Star Destroyer thread at the same time... and it would look like there were 27 active threads about a given topic

• oddeye likes this

#40 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Sky is falling sub-forum

Will we have star destroyers sub forum

• oddeye likes this

Rebel Fleet- 6 X-wings, 4 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300, 3 E-wings, 3 Z95, 1 Transport, 1 Corvette.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 4 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS