Petition for new forum sub sections

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

*IMPORTANT* Follow this topic (top right button) Help us help the community!

If we keep this forum post updated and constantly on top sooner or later someone with administrator privileges will notice and help us tidy this place up a bit!

I will update this from time to time with ideas on the subsections we need in the forums. Please share what you think we need! I will need help from all here bumping this from time to time to keep it in sight.

I'll start with a few...

1. List Building Advice 

2. Playing guides and tactics (could stick in new player advice here instead of in #1..)

3. Home brew / house custom rules

4. Custom Painting and "special modifications"

5. Rumors and speculations (cubanboy.. cough.. cough)

Ok so we have gotten a few good suggestions.. these are not set in stone nor are they ALL necessary. Would really be great to have at least a repaint and "special modifications" section though. Thanks to everyone so far who is helping out! I appreciate it!

Edited by oddeye, 19 August 2014 - 10:05 AM.

• JasonRed3, gabe69velasquez, jpltanis and 5 others like this

I see your schwartz is as big as mine. Let's see how you handle it!

#2 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

This topic's been around for as long as I've been here. If it hasn't happened yet, it probably won't. I'm all for it, it's just unlikely.

• oddeye and Millennium Falsehood like this

Rebels: 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 2 E-wing, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 Z-95s, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 YT-2400, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 6 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 TIE Defender, 2 TIE Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Lambda, 1 VT-49

#3 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

This topic's been around for as long as I've been here. If it hasn't happened yet, it probably won't. I'm all for it, it's just unlikely.

I know.. sigh. I've been here forever and have seen this come up tons of times. Usually it's in random threads / not dedicated ones and even the dedicated ones just get buried over time due to lack of bumping and dedication by forum members. 

If we really annoy the heck out of em they will make us some sub sections. Biggest problem is we have to work together and keep bumping this so it's always post #1. Making a sub section on a forum is not that difficult.. really it's like 3 - 4 clicks and typing in a title / and assigning permissions. Well in most cases anyways. 

We really need stickied posts too.. Like oroshi's (sorry if i spelt your name wrong) movement guide. super helpful and we all know it will get buried sooner or later and lost.. 

Edited by oddeye, 13 July 2014 - 06:15 PM.

• Osoroshii, Flamestalker and Radarman5 like this

#4 stegocent

stegocent

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

You got my vote.

I really want a painting your ships sub forum
  • oddeye, UnfairBanana and admiralcrunch like this

Empire: 7 Tie/In, 2 Tie Advanced, 2 Tie/Int, 2 Imperial Aces  4 Tie/B, 2 Firespray-31, 3 Lambda

Rebel: 6 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 2 A-Wing, 4 B-wing, 1 Yt-1300, 2 HWK-290, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#5 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

You got my vote.
I really want a painting your ships sub forum

ahh great idea! Painting and scratch built section would be awesome.

Just need somemore peoples posting in here. Dont forget to sub to the thread everyone! We need everyones help to make this happen.

#6 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Best of luck in this endeavor. I, personally, am very much in favor of repaints/customs and list building subs. Repaints so there's one place to find them all, and list-critiques so I can stop seeing 80 of them a day :P

• oddeye, admiralcrunch and Conandoodle like this

Rebels: 3 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 2 E-wing, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 Z-95s, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 YT-2400, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 6 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 2 TIE Defender, 2 TIE Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Lambda, 1 VT-49

#7 Danthrax

Danthrax

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

no dear God stop asking for this we don't need subforums

remove the subforums we already have

• haslo and JJFDVORAK like this

#8 StevenO

StevenO

• Members
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

A place for customs, rules or ships including all of those repaint, could be useful as it gets stuff that is "indirectly related" to the game away from the rest of the stuff.

It's almost funny that you put "build lists and advice" and "playing guides and tactics" as different suggestions because those two things are so closely tied together.  I mean how deep can a "Playing Guide" go, especially if it touched on tactics, withOUT also looking at builds?  I mean I certainly could see having some stickied thread pointing to these kinds of things but they are pretty much what you normally see.

I guess the category you are leaving off is "Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion on Future pieces."  This is a "let's get everything that does NOT deal with what you can do NOW in its own little section.  Of course if you move this and put building in a subform and tactics in another subforum what are you leaving for the "main" forum?

• tiefanatic likes this

#9 GlassJaw

GlassJaw

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

A Painting subforum is absolutely needed.

+1

• JasonRed3, oddeye, Stinger07 and 1 other like this

X-Wing x3, Y-Wing x2, A-Wing x2, B-Wing x2, HWK x1, Falcon x1

Tie Fighter x5, Tie Int x4, Tie Bomber x2, Tie Adv x1, Slave-1 x1, Lambda x2

#10 Kaxel Vofer

Kaxel Vofer

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

It's a good idea, and I would add, Changes between the players, and with feedback, greetings.

• oddeye likes this
"That the reward for you, don´t be so high".

Kaxel Vofer.

#11 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

no dear God stop asking for this we don't need subforums

remove the subforums we already have

How would I find all battle reports then? It is really nice when i havent had a game in a bit to have a huge list of game recaps to read. If those were in the main forum they would all be lost or at the very least, harder to find. Id be spending more time " digging up old fossils" as chewy / solo would say.

A place for customs, rules or ships including all of those repaint, could be useful as it gets stuff that is "indirectly related" to the game away from the rest of the stuff.

It's almost funny that you put "build lists and advice" and "playing guides and tactics" as different suggestions because those two things are so closely tied together.  I mean how deep can a "Playing Guide" go, especially if it touched on tactics, withOUT also looking at builds?  I mean I certainly could see having some stickied thread pointing to these kinds of things but they are pretty much what you normally see.

I guess the category you are leaving off is "Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion on Future pieces."  This is a "let's get everything that does NOT deal with what you can do NOW in its own little section.  Of course if you move this and put building in a subform and tactics in another subforum what are you leaving for the "main" forum?

A rumours thread is a good idea! Well ill leave the actual design up to ffg. Just trying to give them the hint with a few good suggestions along the way.

#12 Spaceman91

Spaceman91

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

I would live this to happen.

You did forget one though, 6. Y-wing, tie advanced sub forum.
  • haslo and oddeye like this
I didn't mean for it to get this bad.

#13 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

I would live this to happen.

You did forget one though, 6. Y-wing, tie advanced sub forum.

Haha! Sad part is id be in there all the time. Love my bucket o bolts y wings.

• Spaceman91 likes this

#14 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

I think the request is too many IMO.   Personally I'd like to see a painting and Customs subforum but that is it.   Not because the main page is cluttered... but rather because I'd like to have one place to quickly look at everyone's repaints etc.  

• oddeye and Stinger07 like this

#15 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

I think the request is too many IMO.   Personally I'd like to see a painting and Customs subforum but that is it.   Not because the main page is cluttered... but rather because I'd like to have one place to quickly look at everyone's repaints etc.  

You are probably right.. too many might be worse. I really think the repaints and homebrew sections would be stellar though. The guides might be nice too, but I doubt there would be much in it. Oroshis hs a nice one goin now. They could just be stickied, that would work as they dont pop up too often and are few and far in between. could also combine guides and homebrew.

Edited by oddeye, 14 July 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#16 Crabbok

Crabbok

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, what you want is quick reference to the "good" stuff, while still allowing regular conversation in the main section. 

• oddeye likes this

#17 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Validating
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Squad Critique
Painting and Customs
Scenario Design

• oddeye likes this

#18 JJFDVORAK

JJFDVORAK

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

This is a great idea.  This is very much needed. Hopefully someone will notice and make it happen.

• oddeye likes this

#19 oddeye

oddeye

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

This is a great idea.  This is very much needed. Hopefully someone will notice and make it happen.

Thanks! just have to stay on target and keep this thread on page one.

perhaps if you'd all post a "stay on target" qoute once a day here it will stay in sight. I have a feeling this thread is going to get annoying real quick. It's a good thing, need to annoy any moderators out there and get some forum support!

you know they are laughing at us even now..

Erros-de-grava%C3%A7%C3%A3o-star-wars.jp

• The_Brown_Bomber likes this

#20 Osoroshii

Osoroshii

龍神

• Members
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

1. Build lists and advice

2. Playing guides and tactics

3. Home brew / house custom rules

4. Painting and customization

5. Rumors and speculations Cubanboy

I would only make the following change to the names of the Sub-forums. After All he is responsible for like 99% of those post. :D

We really need stickied posts too.. Like oroshi's (sorry if i spelt your name wrong) movement guide. super helpful and we all know it will get buried sooner or later and lost.. 

No worries on the misspelling, I've been using that same user name for 15 years online and my wife still can't spell it correct. It really would be nice to have my thread about movement found here: http://community.fan...ment/?p=1143721 Stickied. I would like everyone a chance to read it.

• oddeye and Flamestalker like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS