Photo

Getting in to the game - used collections?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jkokura

jkokura

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Hey,

I'm looking to get into the game. Is there any place to find used collections from people looking to get out? I'm not wanting all the ships, or a huge collection, but if people have extras, I'd be interested in picking them up.

Jacob

Fleet:

Rebel - 5x X-Wing, 3x Y-Wing, 4x A-Wing, 2x B-Wing, 2x HWK-290, 2x E-Wing, 4x Z-95 Headhunters

Imperial - 8x Tie Fighters, 2x Tie Advanced, 3x Tie Bombers, 6x Tie Interceptors, 3x Tie Defenders, 2x Tie Phantoms, 2x Firespray-31, 2x Lamda Shuttles

#2 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

People... looking to get out? I don't understand what you mean, can you rephrase your question?
  • haslo, VanorDM, oneway and 7 others like this

A study in scarlet letters.

#3 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

He is wanting used models for little or no money...

and you know what he meant!

:D

Ignore The Greene he likes to F%*@ with new people.

:lol:

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

^_^ BLACK...  :D SUN... :lol: RISES!!!
ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 6][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][FIRESPRAY-31: 1][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 2][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: ][Z-95: ]

#4 Bikeanimal

Bikeanimal

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Lol, Wonder, having read a few of your posts I have to say; you do amuse:-)

And I am also nonplussed on the whole "getting out" thing... :-/

And finally-I have heard of one person selling all his xwing stuff off to concentrate on attack wing (I can't comment-I've never played it). Ok who am I kidding-THE CRACKPOT!!! (Wish I'd been aware he was selling-I'd've gobbled them up).

So, yeah, anyway, in response Jacob-it's theoretically possible but I wouldn't count on it being a regular source...

There are however a number of online suppliers who sell at ~£9-10 per fighter rather than £12 RRP so if pennies are tight this could be an option. Another pearl of wisdom is - be particular. Collect one faction at a time and check out which ships suit your style the most...

#5 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

I've seen collections on eBay from time to time

#6 overdesigned

overdesigned

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

You probably won't find many folks here who are looking to get out of the game, but if you ask around your local game stores you may find some.  When I first started playing one store was selling a fairly large amount of ships on consignment for a guy at a pretty good discount.

#7 Captain Lackwit

Captain Lackwit

HWK Pilot

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Just make sure you know what's with every expansion pack so you don't get stiffed. Even if it IS at a bargain price.

"There's got to be a better way to make a living..." -Kyle Katarn
Resident HWK-290 Enthusiast, Trainee pilot. _\.o./_
Kills: |o| |o| |o| {o} {o} (o) >o<

#8 GlassJaw

GlassJaw

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

ebay or Bartertown

X-Wing x3, Y-Wing x2, A-Wing x2, B-Wing x2, HWK x1, Falcon x1

Tie Fighter x5, Tie Int x4, Tie Bomber x2, Tie Adv x1, Slave-1 x1, Lambda x2

#9 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

Maybe send a PM to Emperor Palpatine... 

• VanorDM, Osoroshii, Qapla187 and 13 others like this

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#10 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

eBay has them popping up pretty frequently. I would actually add up the price per ship when buying a used collection, as it may be cheaper to order the same amount through miniaturemarket.com.

• Radarman5 likes this

Rebels: 2 A-wings, 2 B-wings, 1 E-wing, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 Z-95s, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 5 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 TIE Defender, 1 TIE Phantom, 2 Firesprays, 1 Lambda

#11 jpltanis

jpltanis

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

The game is still relatively new (about 1.7 years old).   I doubt you will find many options for used sets at great discount. 

If you are willing to monitor EBay - there may be some at times.  But at best, they are around 60-70% of the retail price.   A few on-line stores - have new ones for the same discounted rate.   There are occassional sales also that have 50% off of certain ships.  Those are your best options. 

#12 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Beat me to it.
  • Red Castle and oddeye like this

#13 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Beat me to it.

Now that's just cruel
  • oddeye likes this

#14 Raltiir

Raltiir

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

if you go to ebay and search with the words x-win, miniature, and lot, you should get a decent number of results from people selling collections, but as for the math to see if its a good deal, for every small ship, count 10 dollars, for every large ship count 20, and if they have the huge ships, call tantive 60, and transport 40. 

when you add it all up, thats the price you would be paying on miniature market for the same ships but new, and if it was over 100, miniature market gives free shipping to all states other than Alaska and Hawaii so make sure to consider how much the ebay shipping is if you live in the states. 

So compare the prices, and ask yourself if its enough of a difference to justify used over new, if it is go for it.  As of two days ago, there were a couple of very well priced lots that would save you 40 dollars or so for a lot of almost 20 ships, so there are some good deals, but there are also some lots that are charging more than miniature market.

#15 mrkyle

mrkyle

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Beat me to it.

Now that's just cruel

But still hilarious
  • oddeye and Corellian Corvette like this

#16 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

That's patently false. I like to mess with everyone.
  • Osoroshii, oneway, Darthfish and 2 others like this

#17 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

:o :huh: :lol:

... and F%*@ you for not posting in my Hans Birthday Topic!!!

:P

• UnfairBanana likes this

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 6][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][FIRESPRAY-31: 1][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 2][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: ][Z-95: ]

#18 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

and you know what he meant! :D

Ignore The Greene he likes to F%*@ with new people. :lol:

Reported.
  • UnfairBanana likes this

#19 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

and you know what he meant! :D

Ignore The Greene he likes to F%*@ with new people. :lol:

Reported.

#20 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:38 PM

Beat me to it.

Now that's just cruel

Nah, that's poetic.

Someone get in just after someone got out... the circle of life.

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS